Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: sakmarksaw
Today 03:45 AM
» Replies: 2320
» Views: 657690
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
Today 03:23 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 22065
[REQUEST] - ACER ASPIRE 2012 BIOS with U...
Last Post: Aspire
Today 03:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 32
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22814
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
Yesterday 04:54 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6793
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 98
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Yesterday 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 377
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Yesterday 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2853
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Yesterday 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 197
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
04-18-2024 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26139
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Views: 156
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 140
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6241
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220200
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 211
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98876
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24128
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324856
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1094

A7N8X-LA by HP BIOS unlock
Hello !
I'm not quite sure if this is the right section to post my thread, but it's worth the shot Big Grin
So here we go: I have a a248 by HP which bios is locked... I would really like to overclock it as I have a very good RAM and processor...
I know you guys master the job Smile
Hope you will help me !
Llywelyn

EDIT: link to the last official locked BIOS: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500/sp26390.exe
my mobo is an a7n8x-la
find
(06-02-2010, 12:47 PM)Llywelyn Wrote: Hello !
I'm not quite sure if this is the right section to post my thread, but it's worth the shot Big Grin
So here we go: I have a a248 by HP which bios is locked... I would really like to overclock it as I have a very good RAM and processor...
I know you guys master the job Smile
Hope you will help me !
Llywelyn

EDIT: link to the last official locked BIOS: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500/sp26390.exe
my mobo is an a7n8x-la
There are no hidden features to unlock. I opened the rom to edit and there are no advanced, overclock, voltage, speed settings to enable. I am sorry we can not do more for you as this is typical of most HP bios roms. HP tends to be very cookie cutter unless you really unloaded some series bucks for a system with a high end dedicated video card laptop system. some can be modded, most cannot. usually the only mods that mainly get pulled off on HP systems are white list mods. Sorry! Sad
Maybe if you have another system that needs modding we can help! Smile

AMI Bios Section ModeratorBig Grin
Exclamation
By requesting, downloading, and flashing a modified
bios you are held responsible for what you choose
to do with it. flash at your own risk! And please
remember to let us know if our mods work for you!

www find
Or maybe another BIOS for a mostly similar board, best would be a rebranded... Wink
I will make a research, maybe we could find a working BIOS from another machine, that will do the job.
Wish me luck!

the A7N8X-LA is considered basically a A7N8X-VM but with firewire support...

The whole HP system, that is the BIOS and recovery partition and disks, are configured to make recovering the system as easy as possible.. so the BIOS is very proprietary. Any updating of such a system needs to be done through HP... which probably has very little new available for such an old system.

Hmm, so it may be worth it givign a customized special BIOS like the -VM with injected firewire and microcode from the 3.14?? f3bandit, what do you think? would be possible?
For testing, I will buy such a board with a 3000+ and give it a shot!

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
(06-03-2010, 12:56 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: Or maybe another BIOS for a mostly similar board, best would be a rebranded... Wink
I will make a research, maybe we could find a working BIOS from another machine, that will do the job.
Wish me luck!

the A7N8X-LA is considered basically a A7N8X-VM but with firewire support...

The whole HP system, that is the BIOS and recovery partition and disks, are configured to make recovering the system as easy as possible.. so the BIOS is very proprietary. Any updating of such a system needs to be done through HP... which probably has very little new available for such an old system.
Yes of course that is a possibility as well and I appreciate your help as users know their machines better than we do. so that helps us alot. good luck and I will be here waiting for your reply! Big Grin

Exclamation

www find
Specs:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...=c00006476&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=396650

Manual:
http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/OEM/HP/manu...manual.pdf

find
(06-03-2010, 01:50 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: Specs:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...=c00006476&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=396650

Manual:
http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/OEM/HP/manu...manual.pdf
Well the bios is made by ASUS for HP which most likely it is a rebranded ASUS board. you best bet is to find the ASUS equivalent board and link the specs and bios here in a post in this thread and we will go from there! Big Grin
the only diff between the two HP boards is a option rom for the firewire so there won't be any diff. settings or options in the setup menus! Big Grin

Exclamation

www find
So, can you diff the 2 BIOSes?
I'm @work now, though I cannot...

-LA BIOS is found here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500/sp26390.exe
-VM BIOS is found here: http://support.asus.de/download/Download...uage=en-en
but i also attached it!

at first I think the normal -LA is rompaq/ASUS/AMI and the -VM is award right?

Attached Files
.zip   1010-004.zip (Size: 392 KB / Downloads: 14)

find
(06-03-2010, 03:00 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: So, can you diff the 2 BIOSes?
I'm @work now, though I cannot...

-LA BIOS is found here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500/sp26390.exe
-VM BIOS is found here: http://support.asus.de/download/Download...uage=en-en
but i also attached it!

at first I think the normal -LA is rompaq/ASUS/AMI and the -VM is award right?
The HP bios roms are the same there are no settings or options to unlock or enable. you will have to find the original board on the asus site before it was re-branded for HP. And then we will go from there! Big Grin
You don't have to do it tonite as I read you @ work. but no worries we will be here. And we aren't going anywhere! Big Grin

Exclamation

www find
(06-03-2010, 03:11 AM)f3bandit Wrote: The HP bios roms are the same there are no settings or options to unlock or enable.
Yes in deed they are, this is the latest Beta-BIOS from HP...
(06-03-2010, 03:11 AM)f3bandit Wrote: you will have to find the original board on the asus site before it was re-branded for HP. And then we will go from there! Big Grin
It is a *special-developed-for*HP-board, there is no original except the base and this is the -VM... There was a version called -L made of a -VM but with a normal AMI-BIOS but it never got sold... Sad
(06-03-2010, 03:11 AM)f3bandit Wrote: You don't have to do it tonite as I read you @ work. but no worries we will be here. And we aren't going anywhere! Big Grin
You know, here in Germany we are 6 hours further... And @ work (not much to do!) only means I can download, upload and research on web but not install anything... Wink And yes it's true, where the hack could you go with all these oil in front of your home? Big Grin

find
(06-03-2010, 04:06 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote:
(06-03-2010, 03:11 AM)f3bandit Wrote: The HP bios roms are the same there are no settings or options to unlock or enable.
(06-03-2010, 03:11 AM)f3bandit Wrote: you will have to find the original board on the asus site before it was re-branded for HP. And then we will go from there! Big Grin
It is a *special-developed-for*HP-board, there is no original except the base and this is the -VM... There was a version called -L made of a -VM but with a normal AMI-BIOS but it never got sold... Sad
(06-03-2010, 03:11 AM)f3bandit Wrote: You don't have to do it tonite as I read you @ work. but no worries we will be here. And we aren't going anywhere! Big Grin
You know, here in Germany we are 6 hours further... And @ work (not much to do!) only means I can download, upload and research on web but not install anything... Wink And yes it's true, where the hack could you go with all these oil in front of your home? Big Grin
Well if I am understanding the oil thing right, Um well I am pretty far down and in so no oil in my front yard, one cause I live in an apt and on second floor, and two florida is pretty far out of the way. we have some [censored]-holes quoting it's here already but it's BS. all "US" news is BS. and as for Bios I think we can make this work lemme crunch the chew bios goodness you sent my way. gimme a few minutes! Big Grin
fyi I have the same s/n on aim and yahoo! Big Grin
(06-03-2010, 04:24 AM)f3bandit Wrote:
(06-03-2010, 04:06 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote:
Well if I am understanding the oil thing right, Um well I am pretty far down and in so no oil in my front yard, one cause I live in an apt and on second floor, and two florida is pretty far out of the way. we have some [censored]-holes quoting it's here already but it's BS. all "US" news is BS. and as for Bios I think we can make this work lemme crunch the chew bios goodness you sent my way. gimme a few minutes! Big Grin
fyi I have the same s/n on aim and yahoo! Big Grin
The link for the asus VM goes to the asus site. one draw back is they changed their site to prevent direct linking to d/l's. sooooooooo- "meh"
I had to drill down and there is no bios d/l listed for either of the VM models.
Also try to hang with me on here as it is closed to my bed time.
f3bandit <-Techie vampire
I run from sunlight lol
Ok so I am currently comparing both the LA and VM roms and so far I have compared these sections Bios info, Sys info, Board info, Chassis info, Processor Info. and they all match exactly so far. Big Grin

Exclamation

www find