Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 75
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317111
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40965
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55312
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64131
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52216
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167188
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

ASUS P5E3 Deluxe BIOS 1502 RAID Request
(11-14-2015, 04:30 AM)vvv104 Wrote: Dear lindianet,

I have successfully flashed my motherboard with 1503-101 and installed win10 (because I have only this version at this moment). I tried to check the version of OROM, but Intel Matrix Storage Management (the last one I found) doesn't support win10. How else would I see the version of OROM? By the way the system looks working. I'll run it intensively for a day to be sure it doesn't bluescreen.

Thanks a lot for your help!

At boot time after bios post screen and before the windows flag loading screen there is a screen with detection of the hard disks. it goes very fast so you may not be able to see the version number (It is written on the top of the screen). While detecting the hard disk it says something similar to "press CTRL+I to enter the configuration", so if you press CTRL + i will enter the configuration and you can see the version number on the top of the screen, then exit without saving any changes. The version will be 10.1.0.1008.
find
Hi All,

First of all thanks a lot for providing all the roms and information. I am currently using Lindianet's recommended bios with intel chipset rom with the matching drivers. However, the reason I was in to changing the bios and drivers is because when I upgraded to a samsung evo 850 ssd 500GB I got freezes. Typical behaviour was on intesive use the disk would freeze for 20 seconds and then continue. The same thing happened with the second drive I got after I suspected it was a drive issue (OCZ vertex 2 60GB had no problems).

After reading up I found that it might be a conflict with the chipset so I tried everything to make it work. This weekend I did a big PC cleanup, even took the power supply apart to clean it. Now fresh install and putting the ssd on a different sata port (4 atm) since I had CRC errors on sata port 2.

My question is the following. If the SSD still freezes or causes problems, I want to try the Jmicron controller. However I bought a cable: (http://www.allekabels.nl/sata-kabel/1763...kabel.html) but the controller does not detect my drive (tried OCZ and normal 2.5 inch hdd). The cable did work on a different PC with my OCZ drive.

I just get message "no any drive found" and I don't have an option to enter the bios, not in any mode (ide/ahci/raid). No message that states press <ctrl+i> or <ctrl+j>

I vaguely recall some jmicron roms don't allow access?

I am not planning to use it as raid. Could you advise me on what rom I could try or perhaps make me one that allows me to access the jmicron bios?

Many thanks in advance for your help. (I have P5E3 Deluxe)

P.S. The intel chipset drivers that match the rom (11.2) do not allow installation during windows setup because they don't have to correct hardware listed in the INF (can't find compatible device) I circomvented this by installing the asus drivers (old version) and after setup was done installing this version: http://www.win-raid.com/t11f23-Modded-In...igned.html
find
(12-06-2015, 05:44 AM)Dear Ryan1981, Wrote: As you say you have not any problems with the OCZ vertex disk but only with samsung evo so it may be a problem from the disk.

If not a disk problem then you may have create a 500GB partition covering all the space of the disk so the TRIM will not work well on your drive.

I recommend to resize the partition, make the partition 10% smaller than the size of the disk (450GB) as recommended by samsung magician.
Did you installed samsung magician?

As you didn't mention the windows version i suppose you are using win7 with all latest updates or win8.
Not the old win XP as they can't handle well the SSD disks. If you have created the partition of the disk under windows XP then it may also have this freezes... BACKUP files, remove partition and create a new partition, sometimes this also fix freezes of ssd's (not just format but re-partitioning the disk).

if you are installing win 7 and above you don't need a driver at installation time.
even after you don't need to update the driver except if you need the intel SATA software.
I recommend of using intel unmodified - original released drivers. For this motherboard you don't need a modified driver.
if you have version 11.6 and above you can't go back to 11.2 driver, actually you can but the driver of 11.6 stays and work causing problems.
it doesn't go away and even if you delete the additional file of the driver the windows can't boot.

Aslo you may try to update the intel chipset drivers, if you think is a chipset issue.

The Jmicron is not working well with SSD even an upgraded version of the OROM. updating the OROM it also causes other problems with the intel SATA controller, so it is better to avoid using it.
The jmicron i think is not having a bios that you can go into it, or it shows only when it has someting connected to it.

Also read this post:
http://z9.io/2013/11/26/yes-finally-fixe...-computer/
find
(12-06-2015, 06:49 AM)lindianet Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 05:44 AM)Dear Ryan1981, Wrote: As you say you have not any problems with the OCZ vertex disk but only with samsung evo so it may be a problem from the disk.

If not a disk problem then you may have create a 500GB partition covering all the space of the disk so the TRIM will not work well on your drive.

I recommend to resize the partition, make the partition 10% smaller than the size of the disk (450GB) as recommended by samsung magician.
Did you installed samsung magician?

As you didn't mention the windows version i suppose you are using win7 with all latest updates or win8.
Not the old win XP as they can't handle well the SSD disks. If you have created the partition of the disk under windows XP then it may also have this freezes... BACKUP files, remove partition and create a new partition, sometimes this also fix freezes of ssd's (not just format but re-partitioning the disk).

if you are installing win 7 and above you don't need a driver at installation time.
even after you don't need to update the driver except if you need the intel SATA software.
I recommend of using intel unmodified - original released drivers. For this motherboard you don't need a modified driver.
if you have version 11.6 and above you can't go back to 11.2 driver, actually you can but the driver of 11.6 stays and work causing problems.
it doesn't go away and even if you delete the additional file of the driver the windows can't boot.

Aslo you may try to update the intel chipset drivers, if you think is a chipset issue.

The Jmicron is not working well with SSD even an upgraded version of the OROM. updating the OROM it also causes other problems with the intel SATA controller, so it is better to avoid using it.
The jmicron i think is not having a bios that you can go into it, or it shows only when it has someting connected to it.

Also read this post:
http://z9.io/2013/11/26/yes-finally-fixe...-computer/

Hi Lindianet,

Ok clear, avoid jmicron + ssd. I will not persue this anymore. Still strange it does not detect my SSD (or 2.5" HDD) at all. Perhaps

it is broken?

The only thing I have not tried was the 10% provisioning. Yes I have magician installed but I am going to do this straight away

today. Thanks for the tip.

You are right that for the OCZ vertex I don't really need the AHCI intel drivers, but I tried installing windows on my samsung SSD

and it froze during installation which made me think I needed those drivers during installation already.

I used the 1502-112.rom (Intel v11.2.0.1527) but I need the modified drivers to install intel driver 11.2 AHCI and RAID for

winXP,Vista,7 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...ldID=21854 from your post since these do not have the ICH9R in the .inf

file. The creator of these drivers explains that only the .inf is modified and not the driver itself. If you have a link to the 11.2

chipset drivers that I can use during setup that would be great! I tried a lot of them though, they do not containt the ICH9R chipset

in .inf or are not signed which means I can't install them during setup.

Any way, thank you for your time I will let you know if my system is still freezing the SSD now that I have changed the SATA port.

Yes I have tried the link you provided, but changing to IDE was even worse. Perhaps I can try a re-install in IDE mode, I only booted in to IDE with a ACHI installation and then windows just changes some settings and requires a reboot.
find
Dear Ryan1981,

Jmicron is not plug and play, so you have to connect the disk on the controller before you start the computer.
if still not detected then it may be a connection - cable problem or the jmicron it is disabled on the bios settings.
But because i try it and have look very much into this, This Jmicron controller on this motherboard you have it will not work well with SSD.

10% provisioning as suggested by samsung magicical really makes the difference in solving problems and optimise performance.

You didn't mention windows version that you setup and it frozen so i can't help. But as it is work with the other SSD then if the new SSD
is not faulty it should work the same way. if is freezing during installation you should look for an alternative solution.

I cannot provide a link for drivers if i don't know the verion of windows you are trying to install.
if you are trying win7 then You may try this version at installation time v10.8.0.1003
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...top-Boards-
it will work with 11.2 OROM.

You may also try other bios from the ones i have upload. Maybe is a combatibility problem of 11.2 and this ssd.
i suggest 1502-108.rom (Intel v10.8.0.1303) which is a very good version.
find
(12-07-2015, 07:34 AM)lindianet Wrote: Dear Ryan1981,

Jmicron is not plug and play, so you have to connect the disk on the controller before you start the computer.
if still not detected then it may be a connection - cable problem or the jmicron it is disabled on the bios settings.
But because i try it and have look very much into this, This Jmicron controller on this motherboard you have it will not work well with SSD.

10% provisioning as suggested by samsung magicical really makes the difference in solving problems and optimise performance.

You didn't mention windows version that you setup and it frozen so i can't help. But as it is work with the other SSD then if the new SSD
is not faulty it should work the same way. if is freezing during installation you should look for an alternative solution.

I cannot provide a link for drivers if i don't know the verion of windows you are trying to install.
if you are trying win7 then You may try this version at installation time v10.8.0.1003
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...top-Boards-
it will work with 11.2 OROM.

You may also try other bios from the ones i have upload. Maybe is a compatibility problem of 11.2 and this ssd.
i suggest 1502-108.rom (Intel v10.8.0.1303) which is a very good version.

Hi Indianet,

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

I must say I have not tried using the "esata on the go" port from a powered down state, this might actually be the problem so will try that this evening.

If my system freezes again I will try your suggestion for the different rom 1502-108, at least we then know that the original bios and the 112 version do not work with a samsung evo 850 of 500GB. Some extra information that might be of use is that I didn't use to install any intel drivers and just use the microsoft ahci drivers that came with windows 7 ultimate but those made my SSD freeze a lot more then the intel drivers.

I am now also regularly checking the s.m.a.r.t. status of the ssd. I currently have 488 CRC reports but it has not yet gone up since the last clean install so fingers crossed. I also had a ssd firmware upgrade so this might have solved something as well.

Will keep you posted,

Regards,

Ryan
find
Small update,

Not sure if I wrote this down before (couldn't find it) but I did a big cleanup of my system, took apart everything except for my CPU + cooler. Cleaned out my dusty power supply and decided to avoid using SATA 1 & 2 port (connecting all my drives to sata 3/4/5 & 6 instead). Used the drivers I linked in my previous post with the 1502-112.rom (Intel v11.2.0.1527) & Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 (using the latest supplied old asus drivers during setup) and as mentioned before, latest ssd firmware (came in last week)

I also decided not to partition my SSD but just used the full space with the 10% over provisioning. Guess I will have to back up stuff on my 1TB hitachi.

So far no increase in the CRC count, no freezes or hanging system. Last time it took 3 weeks for my system to malfunction so I am not out of the woods yet

Have had no luck with my jmicron controller. All I found was that it should work (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESATAp) but it looks like there is no power (the 2.5 inch HDD I tried didn't make any noise, I tried booting from power off state). I might try picking up an esata to sata cable and use a different power cable just to see if that works but not in a hurry to try this.

Hope my findings can help some other people as well.

Edit 2015-12-28: So far no problems. Not yet tested any jmicron stuff.
find