Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
sgx enabling bios help
Last Post: wafa
Today 08:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167468
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71429
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6607
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22108
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41057
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 117
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317359
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101144
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 352
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55368
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64153
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4110
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 155
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Views: 109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52247
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 250
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 339
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 158

Acer Aspire M5-581T Black screen no BIOS splash
Hi everyone!

So today i flashed a modded bios to my laptop and it worked flawlessly!! I got some cool neat features and I was about to change many more settings than I thought I could. The only thing I was interested for now was changing the video RAM on my laptop.

I changed it from 128MB to I beliebe 1028MB (I believe it was 1028MB) and I also changed something about intergraded graphics option from "Auto" to just "Enabled" I restarted my laptop and when it rebooted, the laptop keyboard lit up, CD drive led flashed like normal, fan was going and hard drive sounded like it was spinning ( not like it was being in use just spinning) but the screen remained black. I turned off my laptop to see if that would fix it but it didn't - no BIOS splash screen just remained black.

I tried to follow the instructions from here: Insyde BIOS Recovery but it didn't seem to work, my laptop's lights turned on and the fan was working but my USB flash drive didn't blink except when I pressed the power button.

Also the most recent BIOS file from Acer only included a .exe to flash within windows which is useless for me because I can't get even get passed the BIOS

I tried using an OLD bios download that acer had that had a DOS folder with an .fd file, tried looking up the name that the file should be renamed but it seems like the name was already the same, and tried to flash via usb but that didn't seem to work.

I have an Acer Aspire M5-581T the most recent BIOS from the Acer website is here the old one with the .fd file that I tried is here

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
find
(06-28-2014, 04:17 PM)Giovanniarmani Wrote: Hi everyone!

So today i flashed a modded bios to my laptop and it worked flawlessly!! I got some cool neat features and I was about to change many more settings than I thought I could. The only thing I was interested for now was changing the video RAM on my laptop.

I changed it from 128MB to I beliebe 1028MB (I believe it was 1028MB) and I also changed something about intergraded graphics option from "Auto" to just "Enabled" I restarted my laptop and when it rebooted, the laptop keyboard lit up, CD drive led flashed like normal, fan was going and hard drive sounded like it was spinning ( not like it was being in use just spinning) but the screen remained black. I turned off my laptop to see if that would fix it but it didn't - no BIOS splash screen just remained black.

I tried to follow the instructions from here: Insyde BIOS Recovery but it didn't seem to work, my laptop's lights turned on and the fan was working but my USB flash drive didn't blink except when I pressed the power button.

Also the most recent BIOS file from Acer only included a .exe to flash within windows which is useless for me because I can't get even get passed the BIOS

I tried using an OLD bios download that acer had that had a DOS folder with an .fd file, tried looking up the name that the file should be renamed but it seems like the name was already the same, and tried to flash via usb but that didn't seem to work.

I have an Acer Aspire M5-581T the most recent BIOS from the Acer website is here the old one with the .fd file that I tried is here

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

H friend,
try to clear CMOS (NVRAM Parameters) using jumper on MoBo or removing CMOS Battery Always on MoBo, remove AC DC Cable Battery all Power and the try to Boot.
If It will not give a solution then remain Service or an SPI External USB Programmer and a Pomona Soic Clip !

Look here :

http://www.ecuvonix.com/gq4x-programmer-...p-211.html

http://www.ecuvonix.com/clip-test-soic-8...p-245.html

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Hello Giovanniarmani,

It appears that your computer does not properly support integrated graphics!

You BIOS is not bricked, you just need to reset the CMOS NVRAM, as BDMaster said. This will set all of your BIOS settings to default. To do this, you will need to disconnect the notebook battery, power plug, and CMOS battery. After doing this, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds (this helps use up the remaining power in most computers). Wait a few more minutes (at least 3-5) after this and reconnect all of the batteries and the power plug. If you did this correctly, then your BIOS settings will be reset and your screen will display correctly.

Good luck!

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Thank you so much for the help you guys! I tried resetting the BIOS via short circuiting the two metal points (the battery is welded on) but it seemed like it made everything worse. Luckily my laptop still is under warranty so I acted stupid and said that I didn't know what happened I was installing updates, sent in my laptop and they replaced my motherboard.

Now my bios has been updated to a version that isn't on the Aver website, so I don't know how to request my BIOS to be modded since the update is NOT on the Acer website like the others.
find
Hello Giovanniarmani,

If you are 100% certain it is the same motherboard model, then there is a chance that compatible platform data from the older BIOS image that was compatible with the motherboard can be added. Unfortunately, I am only capable of doing this with Phoenix BIOS's and I have no idea whether or not this can be done with Insyde BIOS's. BDMaster would be a better source of information.

Soldered battery... strange.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(07-23-2014, 07:57 PM)Giovanniarmani Wrote: Thank you so much for the help you guys! I tried resetting the BIOS via short circuiting the two metal points (the battery is welded on) but it seemed like it made everything worse. Luckily my laptop still is under warranty so I acted stupid and said that I didn't know what happened I was installing updates, sent in my laptop and they replaced my motherboard.

Now my bios has been updated to a version that isn't on the Aver website, so I don't know how to request my BIOS to be modded since the update is NOT on the Acer website like the others.

Hi friend,
use this tool and run It as Administrator to get the result file, then upload It here :

http://rghost.net/57069912

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Good Morning All,
I flashed the bios on my Acer Aspire M5-581T-6807 and now the PC will not boot. I power it on and get the Acer logo-but after about 5 seconds it shuts down then comes back up....over and over and over. I have to power it down by holding the power button. I have been researching on how to fix-but I am so confused how to perform the bios recovery..
There are only to BIOS versions located on the Acer website for my laptop. bios version 1.12 and bios version 2.11. I believe this is Insyde bios. It came with Windows 8, but upgraded to Windows 8.1.

I was hoping for some help.
I keep seeing mention of a Crisis disk and to extract 'raw' files and rename files. To format a usb drive-with fat or fat32....do I take out the battery?... etc.
I would be extremely appreciative if you can help me.
I have attached both bios files that are provided by acer website.
Thank you,
mrsbigs

Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.12_A_A.zip (Size: 4.05 MB / Downloads: 5)
.zip   BIOS_Acer_2.11_A_A.zip (Size: 4.21 MB / Downloads: 5)
find