Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Exemplary Сasual Dating - Real-life Fema...
Last Post: MechRavenz
Today 11:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Premier Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsel...
Last Post: PreviewMagic
Today 11:15 PM
» Views: 9
Prime Сasual Dating - Authentic Maidens
Last Post: whyacer
Today 10:28 PM
» Views: 17
Superlative Сasual Dating - Actual Girls
Last Post: Breakthru81
Today 10:18 PM
» Views: 16
Superlative Сasual Dating - Actual Women
Last Post: maxxie
Today 10:15 PM
» Views: 17
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
Today 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 97
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
Today 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55104
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: FCR28
Today 10:59 AM
» Replies: 1971
» Views: 660985
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
Today 06:23 AM
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
Yesterday 03:53 PM
» Views: 86
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
Yesterday 11:25 AM
» Views: 106
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
Yesterday 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69538
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1340
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70542
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11153
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36980
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 545388
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10776
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 553
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4241

Acer Aspire T160 R02-B1 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
(12-01-2010, 03:43 AM)1234s282 Wrote: even though its a huge risk , any chance you could be a tester flashing the retail foxconn bios? Tongue

how similar are they?

Admin

Have tried this, without success to date. I actually have 3 bios chips:

#1: Flashed with the safe standard ACER Bios
#2: Flashed with the Acer Bios that you modded (which works superbly, all options available)
#3: Flashed with the latest Foxconn Bios 54AW1P40

To date, I've had no luck with the Foxconn Bios (There are various reports around the web that it does work). The boards are near identical. (And looking at both the Acer and Foxconn Bios's with Modbin, they are extremely similar) With the Foxconn Bios, the system boots, but freezes just after the 'NVmm' message, just before it identifies any drives. The screen message asking to press Del to enter setup is displayed, but the keyboard is unresponsive ( I think the PS/2 keyboard port on my MB is flakey), but the Foxconn Bios defaults to disabling USB KB support. I guess I should change the default in Modbin to have USB KB and Mouse support enabled, to see if that lets me in...

Also, please note that the Acer Bios is common to both the Aspire T160, Apire E360 & AcerPower M6...
find
Hmmm, what flashing parameters are you using to flash the foxconn??
www find
(12-02-2010, 04:35 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hmmm, what flashing parameters are you using to flash the foxconn??

When I flashed the Foxconn bios, I used AWDFLASH xxxxxx.bin /py/sn/cd/cp/wb/f, and other combinations. Thinking that my flashing was at fault, I actually bought a pre-programmed bios chip with the Foxconn bios, but the result is the same.

Using modbin and cbrom to compare the Foxconn & Acer bios', there are a few Rom differences, and some of the default options are different (ie USB KB and Mouse disabled by default in the Foxconn bios), so I've used Modbin to set the Foxconn bios defaults the same as the Acer Bios, to see if I at least can get into Bios setup.

Looking around at the Acer site, there is a later Bios file available (R02B1S2.BIN) for the Acer Power M6 (the MB is common to the T160, E360 and the M6), from here: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/desktop/AP-M6/bios/

find
Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for the modded acer t160 bios. I just flashed my desktop yesterday and everything went perfectly!

Despite the fact that I can see overclocking settings like "cpu frequency", I'm still having the same problem as with the other unmodded bios where adjustments to the cpu frequecy doesn't seem to take effect once my OS (Windows 7 64bit) boots. Whats weird is that although Nvidia Ntune seems to acknowledge the changes I made via the bios, CPU-Z and other similar programs never seems to reflect the changes. I also performed some benches that also seem to confirm that the changes didn't take effect. I can eventually get the overclock to work in ntune, but I want to get it to work from the bios.

Any ideas why this is happening? So far, the only bios setting I've toyed around with is the "cpu frequency" setting. Is there something else I need to do to get it to work?

find
I'm having the same issue as the above poster. Modifying the base HT clock doesn't seem to do anything. Modifying HTT and memory multipliers works just as you would expect, but I can't seem to change the clock speed of the CPU at all.

The base frequency option exists in the unmodified BIOS. I don't know that it worked at that point, either.

The CPU's speed can be modified by use of nTune, so I'm assuming something can be changed in the BIOS to allow proper overclocking as well.[/align]
find
hi, i've just downloaded and flash your modified bios and it's great. But i've seen that there isn't the possibility to change the cpu multiplier.
Looking in the foxconn bios 54AW1P40, with the program modbin (i'm a total noob, speaking of bios modifications), i saw the item: "Hammer Fid Control", that let you to change the CPU multiplier.
Is not possible to insert that in the mod of the acer bios? Cause i need to reduce the multiplier from x11 to 8 or 9 to overclock.

I've also tried to flash the foxconn bios (like someone has already written), booting with a usb key and typing the command: awdflash 54aw1p40.bin /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/wb/qi.
But i got the message: " The program file's BIOS-Lock String does not match with your system!"

So, bottom line, how can i managed to lower the multiplier?
find
Bumping this for a fresh question..

I have this FC51GM board from an Aspire E360.. I am putting together a computer for someone who is going to give it to his mother.. No need for anything fancy or powerful, all she's going to do is use it for internet, email, and solitaire, so it'll do. I've been running the board in an office computer for years with 7x64, no issues.

Well now he wants it to have Win 10 on it.. Fine, no problem.. After I put a fresh copy of 7x64 on it, I used the MCT to force the 10 download, it started no problem, then WHAM.. You can not install Windows 10 on this computer because your processor does not support CompareExchange128 (cmpxchg16b).

I really don't want to have to reinstall the x86 version, and I've heard many people have fixed it simply by updating the bios because the processors actually do support it, the bios just isn't passing it along (It's an Athlon FX-55).. This board has R02-A1, and I'm chasing my tail trying to find a valid download of R02-B1 (or later if available), so I don't know if it's something that was already fixed or something that can be modded in? I can't find anything on whether or not the FX-55 actually supports that instruction, but I've found anecdotes that Sledgehammer and Clawhammer were supposedly the first AMD64's to have it.

Thanks for any info you can give me!
find
My situation is almost identical.  I've downloaded the R02-B1 bios, but Windows 7 is giving me the gears about a Windows flash.  There is no DOS flash offered with Acer's bios files.  Equally frustrating is that I can't find a DOS-based flasher that's known to work on this Phoenix bios, and even if I suddenly find one, I have no idea how to get the downloaded bios files to work with a generic flasher.

Suggestions are appreciated.
find
I might have overcome PART of the problem. That is that even though my attempts to flash the BIOS ended with an no-success message, I see that the version I now have is indeed R02-B1. Which is what I wanted, of course.

I'm left with the fundamental problem, and that is getting Windows 10 64-bit to fresh install over the current 32-bit version. When I run the disk, the Win10 logo appears, but nothing more happens, even if I leave it overnight. There is no reason that the 64-bit version shouldn't install, at least according to others who have these old T160s. But I'm wondering if those who installed successfully had a better BIOS than I.

So again, I repeat my request for any modded version of R01-B1 that might have been developed to overcome my problem -- assuming that's where the problem is.

I'm grateful to anyone who can respond! PM me if necessary. Smile
find
Hi all,
I know it's a very old tread but is possible that someone still have a copy of that bios?
All the links are dead Sad
find