Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 282
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55280
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40939
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64120
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 136
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 82
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167056
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6327
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125396
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317009
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

BIOS Recovery Name: Gateway NV51B19u BIOS
(02-25-2013, 06:46 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Just keep trying all the combos. Sounds like your bootblock is intact which is good news for you.

It took me weeks of doing this with one of my mediasmart servers before I was successful. It's just a process of elimination.

Man this is killing me. Whiz I tried every combo I could think of. Ok brotha, you told me to save that as target remember? Ok, when you do that, it saves it on the flash drive as a firefox shorcut, it's also named firefox shorcut. We want it to be named something thats different. I tried it like you said to though over and over with every combination because I didn't know how or what you did to that code. LOL until I hear from ya again, I'm gonna keep trying that same line of code you sent me, however named BIOS.FD, NV51B19U.FD, and some other things. I've read in multiple places the model has to be in the name of the flash file. Yes, that's very cool the boot block is working for sure. It keeps trying over and over pulling the file off the flash. Just gotta get the name right.

I'm also going to call gateway and freak out today. This laptops warranty was up on 2-12-2013 and this is problems that I'm having when you know one of there technicians knows exactly how to name this and they aren't helping me? I'll do that while I'm waiting on these flash boots to work.

Another thing I wanted to tell you I figured out, the same exact motherboard is used in a couple of different ACER laptops. I'll get you those ACER model numbers, maybe if I can find the flash names for those, they might work? IDK a couple of people also said to load the flash drive with every combination of that BIOS file named, it's ok to have a bunch on the same flash drive for it to sort through and find one that works.

I also found this thing in the forum called "My Digital Life" that's called "Andy's Tool" and it's a program that you type the model of your notebook in and it finds and tells you what to name your flash file. Well I wanted to ask you if you've heard of this, I couldn't find one that would download to try. They were all deleted from the pages you could download from. Thanks again for helping me, your the only one that is so far.

Here's the link where I found the mobo is also used in an Acer Aspire 5253-0435 http://www.shopping.com/acer-aspire-5253.../info?sb=1
find
BIOS.fd is the right filename - be sure the fd is lowercase. If it says firefox shortcut then it didn't download the actual file just a link to it. Use internet explorer and do a right click, save target as.
www find
(02-25-2013, 01:01 PM)TheWiz Wrote: BIOS.fd is the right filename - be sure the fd is lowercase. If it says firefox shortcut then it didn't download the actual file just a link to it. Use internet explorer and do a right click, save target as.

My bad, I mean to say,where it says file type, it says firefox HTML document. Here I took a screen shot of it. The name of the file was BIOS I changed it to BIOS.fd like you said. I'll try it again on all the USB ports right now..

No matter what browser I use to download it, it says the same thing. Heres a pic using IE

Attached Files
.docx   Screen shot to show wiz.docx (Size: 96.49 KB / Downloads: 2)
.docx   How it looks on flash after downloading it way whiz told me. Screen Shot 2 for whiz.docx (Size: 279.12 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
I tried that BIOS.fd file every way with all the button combinations even this. I have 4 flash drives and 2 SD cards. I tried fat format fat32 format, copying the file you sent, pasting it into notepad, renaming it BOOT.fd in every format, trying all the different formats on the SD cards (someone in the MDL forum said they had to use an SD card to flash theres and flash drives don't work becaiuse there has to be and autorun.exe file?? or something like that. Dude said that there has to be a file or command to tell the computer to execute the file upload. Just telling you what they told me, seeing if there was any truth to what they said. So far, I've been trusting you. And I was very serious about throwing you a reward if you can find out this procedure. If there is any info you need from me. let me know, I'll even remotely log into my other computer so you can watch and tell me what to do through skype or use logmein.com so you can make the flash drive. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've done every detail you've told me. It's def pulling info off the flash drive and the hard drive is working. It's just doing the same process over and over. The hard drive OS light blinks 4 quick times, then a couple long blinks, and then the flash drive ligh one long blink, hard drive light then blinks a couple times etc. So the bootblock is def not dead. I just can't afford to take it somewhere and pay $100 for them to take it in to find out "OH, it needs to be sent to Gateway to be fixed". I'm so F'n close, if I could just get the [censored] thing to take the file it would work.....SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad
find
(02-25-2013, 01:01 PM)TheWiz Wrote: BIOS.fd is the right filename - be sure the fd is lowercase. If it says firefox shortcut then it didn't download the actual file just a link to it. Use internet explorer and do a right click, save target as.

Well I've tried all everything. I even found "Andy's tool" the phoenix slic tool? And when I put my bios in it came back saying to name the file BIOS.F? But how do you use a question mark when naming a file? LMAO! Wow, I'm going crazy whiz, this is killing me...
find
The BIOS file name is BIOS.fd, nothing else will work.

You "shouldn't" need any autorun for the recovery, the bootblock just ingests the file from the USB and does the flash. Check our recovery procedure to be sure on this.
www find
(02-27-2013, 01:56 PM)TheWiz Wrote: The BIOS file name is BIOS.fd, nothing else will work.

You "shouldn't" need any autorun for the recovery, the bootblock just ingests the file from the USB and does the flash. Check our recovery procedure to be sure on this.

Ok, I've done the procedure multiple times. I take the file you sent me, copy it directly to USB, then run the procedure. No battery in laptop, unplugged, hold the power button drain the power for 20 seconds to be sure, plug in Flash drive, hold WIn+B or FN + ESC or WIN +R, press and keep holding buttons while power on, when powers on depending on which button combination I can see the hard drive light blink 4 times real quick, then the USB flash gives one long blink then I let go of the combo and let it run for up to half hour...
find
Try repeating the procedure with holding the keystrokes down before powering, then when you hit the power button and the light comes one let go of the power button, then 2-3 seconds later the keystroke. I've seen the keystroke timing be a significant issue before.
www find
(02-28-2013, 08:54 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Try repeating the procedure with holding the keystrokes down before powering, then when you hit the power button and the light comes one let go of the power button, then 2-3 seconds later the keystroke. I've seen the keystroke timing be a significant issue before.

I called gateway and freaked out. They changed my original purchase date to March 3rd 2012 so I shipped it to Gateway today for $14.00. I tried using every key combination, with every USB port, with USB flash drives, 3 different ones, tried with 2 different SD cards and 4 different CD/DVD roms all formatted with every different combination from FAT to NTFS just for the [censored] of it. None of them worked and the boot block was still good because it would go through the motions of pulling info off the flash drive. The fan always ran on high and it would react differnet when I used FN + ESC comared to when I would try WIN + R or when I would try WIN + B. I tried timing the release of the power button, the release of the keyboard keys etc. I read in multiple places that the file has to have the name of the notebook in the name of the file and that BIOS.fd isn't the correct name. Just what I read. I hunted down the BIOS for an Acer 5253 and Emachines E640 (same motherboard) and they all had the same exact bios from 1.04 to 1.16 all having the same info. So when I would download those BIOS and run them through the Phoenix programs it shot out the same answer all but one time. For the eMachines it would have the emachineE640 in the file name. It even worked the same when I used the cd rom or sd cards instead of the flash. None of them would work correctly for some reason. All I know, I'm never touching the BIOS on a laptop again unless it's wayyyyy under the warranty still. It's gonna be three weeks before I get that laptop back but at least it will come back running like new. And thank you Gateway for showing me mercy and changing my purchase date. Wheew that never happens.... Thank you to everyone that has tried to help me especially you Whiz. Appreciate all the help. Wish it could have worked, maybe the bootblock was messed up, I assume gateway will just put a new motherboard in it so they don't have to mess with it.
find