Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
Today 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 69
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
Today 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55060
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: FCR28
Today 10:59 AM
» Replies: 1971
» Views: 660786
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
Today 06:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
Yesterday 03:53 PM
» Views: 80
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
Yesterday 11:25 AM
» Views: 101
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
Yesterday 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69508
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1334
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70523
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11147
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36961
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 545278
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10768
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 550
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4240
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Views: 128
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 181
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 184
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 175
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
04-20-2024 01:17 PM
» Views: 185

Dell Inspiron 530 v1.0.18 Dell 2.1 SLIC
(10-01-2010, 03:55 AM)1234s282 Wrote: yes its an invalid link , heres my own mod (i know it says 530s but they use the same bios)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Dell%20In...34s282.zip

Try at your own risk!

Admin

I ran winflash as administrator, program opens but says "command line parameter incorrect" then it just closes.

Could someone help please???
Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
find
(11-05-2010, 06:55 AM)kauaiboy808 Wrote:
(10-01-2010, 03:55 AM)1234s282 Wrote: yes its an invalid link , heres my own mod (i know it says 530s but they use the same bios)

Try at your own risk!

Admin

I ran winflash as administrator, program opens but says "command line parameter incorrect" then it just closes.

Could someone help please???
Windows Vista x64 Ultimate

Download the original dell BIOS.
Right click on it, and do RUN AS Administrator
It will open up, DO NOT PRESS UPDATE!!!!
Go to Run, type in %temp% then hit enter
Find a newly created folder, something like _2BF2.tmp
Go into that folder, you will find winflash and the bin file.
Replace the bin file with the SLIC bin file
Go back to the updater, and now hit update.
Reset CMOS, disable Floppy if you dont have one.

I know this is old thread, but just posted in case someone like me comes across it. Worked for me. Thanks.
find

Try at your own risk!

Admin

Worked great. Thanks!
find
OK.. so I came to know about this new term SLIC just 2 days back and thanks to my TAUREAN bullhead that following N no of threads on various websites, I finally succeeded in updating my Dell Inspiron 530 to SLIC 2.1 Bios v. 1.0.18. I confirmed it using the RW (read write) utility and it shows the numbers 53 20 01 00 00 .... So what next ? I already have WinXP loaded on my machine and have loaded Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on another partition. When it asked for the KEY, I SKIPPED it for later online activation. Now when I try to put in the SLP key it gives me some error upon activation. Question is what am I doing wrong. Does Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit require something else ? Are keys for 64 bit/32 bit different ? Does SLIC 2.1 work for Win 7 ultimate 64 bit ? Where to find and enter certificate etc.. ? Where can I find or download DELL.XRM-MS from ? Does the actvn. need to be done offline ? If so, how do I proceeed. I have all these questions on my mind now. Can somebody please shed some light on it. I'm pretty technical in most areas but this SLIC thing is kinda new to me. Just a little guidance will be very much appreciated.
find
(02-17-2012, 11:27 PM)sudhs Wrote: OK.. so I came to know about this new term SLIC just 2 days back and thanks to my TAUREAN bullhead that following N no of threads on various websites, I finally succeeded in updating my Dell Inspiron 530 to SLIC 2.1 Bios v. 1.0.18. I confirmed it using the RW (read write) utility and it shows the numbers 53 20 01 00 00 .... So what next ? I already have WinXP loaded on my machine and have loaded Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on another partition. When it asked for the KEY, I SKIPPED it for later online activation. Now when I try to put in the SLP key it gives me some error upon activation. Question is what am I doing wrong. Does Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit require something else ? Are keys for 64 bit/32 bit different ? Does SLIC 2.1 work for Win 7 ultimate 64 bit ? Where to find and enter certificate etc.. ? Where can I find or download DELL.XRM-MS from ? Does the actvn. need to be done offline ? If so, how do I proceeed. I have all these questions on my mind now. Can somebody please shed some light on it. I'm pretty technical in most areas but this SLIC thing is kinda new to me. Just a little guidance will be very much appreciated.

Here are the instruction to insert the certificate into Windows 7. I have the same BIOS and did the same mod. The certificate should be in the folder you extracted the modded BIOS in.

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was sucessfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.
www find
(02-18-2012, 07:00 AM)linuxgod64 Wrote: Here are the instruction to insert the certificate into Windows 7. I have the same BIOS and did the same mod. The certificate should be in the folder you extracted the modded BIOS in.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was sucessfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

Thanks for a quick reply on this one. Aaahh.. no wonder I'm not able to find it. OK.. to upgrade my BIOS I took a "safe" shortcut. I downloaded this file "DELL Inspiron 530.zip" that contains 3 files awdflash.exe, DOSFLASH.bat and 713D1P53.BIN and after making a bootable usb and copying these 3 files to it, all i did was execute the .bat file and it took care of reflashing my bios to SLIC 2.1. So I'm still stuck with finding the "******.XRM-MS" file. ;-))). I did download another file called "Windows Activation and Xtras.rar" from here that contains a whole lot of valuables but no "******.XRM-MS" file. Though dumb, but the question is how to extract the BIOS file ? Is it done using awdflash.exe or some other util. ? Please advice.
find
(02-18-2012, 10:10 AM)sudhs Wrote:
(02-18-2012, 07:00 AM)linuxgod64 Wrote: Here are the instruction to insert the certificate into Windows 7. I have the same BIOS and did the same mod. The certificate should be in the folder you extracted the modded BIOS in.

Thanks for a quick reply on this one. Aaahh.. no wonder I'm not able to find it. OK.. to upgrade my BIOS I took a "safe" shortcut. I downloaded this file "DELL Inspiron 530.zip" that contains 3 files awdflash.exe, DOSFLASH.bat and 713D1P53.BIN and after making a bootable usb and copying these 3 files to it, all i did was execute the .bat file and it took care of reflashing my bios to SLIC 2.1. So I'm still stuck with finding the "******.XRM-MS" file. ;-))). I did download another file called "Windows Activation and Xtras.rar" from here that contains a whole lot of valuables but no "******.XRM-MS" file. Though dumb, but the question is how to extract the BIOS file ? Is it done using awdflash.exe or some other util. ? Please advice.

Here is the Dell certificate:

http://thainhunter.x10.bz/certificate.zip

download, Unzip, and follow the directions I posted.
www find
(02-18-2012, 10:17 AM)linuxgod64 Wrote: Here is the Dell certificate:

http://thainhunter.x10.bz/certificate.zip

download, Unzip, and follow the directions I posted.

Thanks for the spoonfeed, though I myself hate it. I was successfully able to activate windows with the proc. you desc. above. There's too much knowledge xfer and learning curve here and it was kinda overflowing. I'm more of a Database person and pretty handy technically but haven't dealt with hacking bios etc.. So these terms are (or were) kinda new to me. Not any more though. I did miss out on this cert. file. I did see a DELL cert. file embedded in one of the zip files but was not sure of whether to use it or not.

Thanks again for all your help
find
No problem, always glad to help.
www find
Hello All. I have used the methods described in this post for my Dell Dimension E520 and the install went great! I am having issues with my Dell Inspirno 530 although due to the fact that my BIOS is already at 1.0.18 and the Dell utility will not allow me to install the same version (running the application and changing the bin file in the temp directory to the modded slic one). I have also tried to downgrade my BIOS to 1.0.16 with no luck. Is there anything I can do to force a BIOS update for 1.0.18 or another way of installing slic 2.0/2.1? Does anyone know how to downgrade the BIOS, I know it is not recommended, but running out of options.
find