Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167417
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71423
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6605
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22106
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41046
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317325
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101131
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2529
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 346
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55363
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64150
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4109
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 155
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 105
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52243
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 247
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 154
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 140

Hidden options for Packard Bell MH36 (BIOS Mod in Post #12)
Rainbow 
Hi!
Is there any chance to unlock hidden options in this BIOS?

-Manufacturer: Packard Bell
-Type: Laptop
-Model:Easy Note MH36-U-103IT
-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS

Most important thing would be AHCI mode (for my SSD, so slow and without TRIM in IDE mode).

The BIOS file extracted from .exe:

.rar   BIOS.rar (Size: 914.5 KB / Downloads: 147)

Help me please! Angel
find
(03-10-2014, 03:07 PM)artic5 Wrote: Hi!
Is there any chance to unlock hidden options in this BIOS?

-ManufacturerTongueackard Bell
-Type: Laptop
-Model:Easy Note MH36-U-103IT
-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS

Most important thing would be AHCI mode (for my SSD, so slow and without TRIM in IDE mode).

The BIOS file extracted from .exe:

Help me please! Angel

It's a Phoenix pure Bios and i am not yet ready to mod it, but I found only 5Tabs Main, Advanced, Security, Boot and Exit, so I don't think there are hidden tabs, about AHCI, i don't know as there is under Main tab Ide mode and LBAmode or UltraDMA mode.
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Hello, I used a Hex Editor (HxD) on your BIOS and found the following info:

1.) Your notebook's BIOS DOES HAVE a hidden "Intel Menu" and the menu CAN be added to your notebook's BIOS.
2.) The NVRAM register for enabling "Intel VT-x" (Hardware-assisted virtualization) in your BIOS is 03C3 . Unfortunately, your current CPU does not support VT-x (if my information that you have a Pentium® Processor T4400 is correct). To solve this issue, you would have to upgrade your CPU like I did.
3.) The register for "Intel VT-d" (adds more features to VT-x) is 0261 .
4.) There is a reference to "AHCI" in your BIOS, but I can't pinpoint the exact NVRAM register that it would use.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(04-07-2014, 01:09 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello, I used a Hex Editor (HxD) on your BIOS and found the following info:

1.) Your notebook's BIOS DOES HAVE a hidden "Intel Menu" and the menu CAN be added to your notebook's BIOS.
2.) The NVRAM register for enabling "Intel VT-x" (Hardware-assisted virtualization) in your BIOS is 03C3 . Unfortunately, your current CPU does not support VT-x (if my information that you have a Pentium® Processor T4400 is correct). To solve this issue, you would have to upgrade your CPU like I did.
3.) The register for "Intel VT-d" (adds more features to VT-x) is 0261 .
4.) There is a reference to "AHCI" in your BIOS, but I can't pinpoint the exact NVRAM register that it would use.

Thank you very much for your help!
My laptop runs a Pentium T4200, and it doesn't support VT-x, you are right! I think it's not worth upgrading CPU (my work laptop has a P8600 processor and it's not much powerful).

For AHCI, is it possible that my laptop has a ACER bios (with packard bell logo)?

Thank you very much
find
Hello artic5,

I have finished learning how to mod the Phoenix BIOS and learned how to fix the PhoenixTool issue that has been preventing me from progressing in BIOS modding. Having finished my school year, I now have 3 months available to me over summer break to mod BIOS's.

I will have your BIOS image modded, uploaded, and ready for you to flash sometime today!

~Steven

Hello artic5,

I have finished unlocking your BIOS. It now contains 4 new options in the Advanced Menu, an INTEL Menu, and a "MCH Workarounds:" menu (yes, the colon is supposed to be there).

Now I just have to verify that the image is 100% absolutely safe and write up the BIOS mod documentation. I will have the BIOS image uploaded soon.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello artic5,

Here is your modified BIOS image:
.rar   BIOSfiles.rar (Size: 949.72 KB / Downloads: 154)
Please read the readme for details and the usual warnings/disclaimers.

Could you tell me what BIOS version you have please? I am not sure how to identify it yet. I know that the version is in one of the BIOSCOD modules, but I am not sure how to go about looking for it.

~Steven

www find
Thanks You Steven! Does it support AHCI?

Best regards,

Wign

(06-17-2014, 04:00 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello artic5,

Here is your modified BIOS image:
Please read the readme for details and the usual warnings/disclaimers.

Could you tell me what BIOS version you have please? I am not sure how to identify it yet. I know that the version is in one of the BIOSCOD modules, but I am not sure how to go about looking for it.

~Steven
find
Hello wign,

There is AHCI support, but the modified BIOS image does not have the AHCI feature added (it was under a different name). I will add it to the image and upload it later on today. This also explains why I was unable to find the register for the setting. It will be under the name "SATA Mode Selection:".

~Steven

www find
Hello wign,

Recently, I have discovered ways to add even more types of settings to the BIOS than before. I can upload the new modified BIOS with just the AHCI setting added to the previous mod, or if you are willing to wait until tomorrow or the next day, I can do a more "full" unlock.

www find
Hi,

sorry i'm late to respond!
Thank you very much for your precius help!

Then i try to flash modded bios! :-)

Original BIOS is version P05!
find