Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22796
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
Yesterday 04:54 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6779
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 76
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Yesterday 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 319
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Yesterday 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2842
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Yesterday 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 22022
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Yesterday 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 180
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
04-18-2024 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26135
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 141
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 127
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6232
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220161
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 202
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 194
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98827
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24119
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324781
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1086
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 352
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 177

Ida and efiutils
Is more visible and easy to follow code.
Like that
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-UNLOCKED-Unlocking-amd-v-for-Aspire-AO725?pid=53017#pid53017
But aricart long time ago was last time online.

https://github.com/snarez/ida-efiutils

Can someone explain how to do that.
Or tell me what I do wrong.

-open module in IDA
-initial analyze is performed
-File > Load file > Parse C header file > select behemoth.c
-message compilation successful

-View > open subview > Local types
-on Local type window, select all > synchronize to IDB > Do you really want to copy selected local types to structure ... ,press yes

But for all of them message is "failed to add constant"

Thanks.
find
Hi friend,
Are You disassembling some module or only SetupUtility module ?
Which kind of Bios AMI - Award - Phoenix - Insyde ?
Which want to get ?
Have all tools ? have idea about Code x86 or x64 Assembler ?
IDA Pro is simple I needs only to open a PE file (extracting executable module from Bios Packed) select it then choice CPU Metapc set ok and open it (use IDA 64 bit) !
Let me know
Regards

P.S. Beyond everyone is hidden a genious, so show You !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
-Other modules.SetupUtility too.
-Bios is Insyde HP
-Since problem with whitelist and WiFi was OFF at startup I already solved in H19BiosLock,now I try to enable EFI boot.
-Software tool I have,asm or other is what I miss.
-That part is really simple,no problem at that.

If you look at
http://ho.ax/posts/2012/09/ida-pro-scrip...reversing/
See that after is more easy to follow some tracks
Here I have problem,I don't know if I do something wrong or that's isn't working for BIOS modules.
find
(05-10-2014, 02:35 AM)gabiz_ro Wrote: -Other modules.SetupUtility too.
-Bios is Insyde HP
-Since problem with whitelist and WiFi was OFF at startup I already solved in H19BiosLock,now I try to enable EFI boot.
-Software tool I have,asm or other is what I miss.
-That part is really simple,no problem at that.

If you look at
http://ho.ax/posts/2012/09/ida-pro-scrip...reversing/
See that after is more easy to follow some tracks
Here I have problem,I don't know if I do something wrong or that's isn't working for BIOS modules.

Many of this scripts are actualy integrated in IDA Pro, so It will show You as much as It can then You can try edit them and modify, but It's time to waste.
Let me know what do You want to get, Beyond the scripts, as the most important thing like said Donovan to me is Assembler Language and Disassembling Code to understand It !
So every Refernces You can rename or not, but if You know Cde It's not a problem !
Show me which Bios and which module You want to edit !
Let e know I will reply !
Regrads

P.S. go here and find all You want

http://donovan6000.blogspot.it/2013/06/i...7858214287

[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
find
At this moment I don't focus on one specific module,since I can't see where HP denied EFI boot.
Could be BDS but I'm not sure,BDS could be fine and deny of EFI boot could be somewhere else.
Also under EFI boot sub-menu EFI is grayedout,even if in SetupUtility I've changed all conditions for grayout.I find that OemSetupBrowser is responsible for this grayout.
Also replacing one space (really space) string in strings list I can see that under EFI boot list there exist two choices or two fields.

Comparing BDS with other from another vendors,I see there is one call from entry point for something like a menu,but since on others,that one doesn't exist I don't pay to much attention,could be the one that Donovan speak on this blog on one message.But with no positive result.

BIOS in discusion is SP55430 for G62 Intel cpu
find
(05-11-2014, 09:31 AM)gabiz_ro Wrote: At this moment I don't focus on one specific module,since I can't see where HP denied EFI boot.
Could be BDS but I'm not sure,BDS could be fine and deny of EFI boot could be somewhere else.
Also under EFI boot sub-menu EFI is grayedout,even if in SetupUtility I've changed all conditions for grayout.I find that OemSetupBrowser is responsible for this grayout.
Also replacing one space (really space) string in strings list I can see that under EFI boot list there exist two choices or two fields.

Comparing BDS with other from another vendors,I see there is one call from entry point for something like a menu,but since on others,that one doesn't exist I don't pay to much attention,could be the one that Donovan speak on this blog on one message.But with no positive result.

BIOS in discusion is SP55430 for G62 Intel cpu

Ok friend,
I haven't UEFI Bios as mine laptop is very old and only mine experiences on UEFI Boot were in Acer 8951G When i introduced new modules to get into EFI IFR the visualization of "Boot From UEFI" and "USB First" so I had not shown these items and I modified IFR to get them active, so I got an Hybrid UEFI mode !
I don't know if You are talking about the same thing or other (You want to show in Boot Tab Bios Menu the item "Boot UEFI" or a kind if It ?)
Let me know and post a link to your bios.
Regards

find
In BIOS menu,after modify on SetupUtility,there is EFI boot -enable -disable
But have no real effect.
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Po...-RSA-check
Original in first post
whitelist removed and menu unlocked on post 9
find
It's not so much as HP blocking EFI as much as they never fully implemented a way to use it Undecided

I was never able to get an ideal solution to EFI boot working for old HP bios, mine was sp55299, aside from the diagnostics tool trick. There's is a complete boot maitance manager in the BDS module, which you can see with Universal IFR Extractor. It'll let you add/remove EFI boot entries and boot directly to an EFI file. I spent more than a month trying to access this menu without success. It looks like it is connected to pressing F9 to get to the boot manager since I was able to get to a screen that asked me to "Save any changes" after pressing F9. This save screen is called only if the settings in the boot maitance manager are changed, so they must be connected Smile

And if you add an EFI application module with a specific GUID, then the option for "Boot to EFI Shell" will appear in the boot manager. However it always failed to boot the application on my computer. I don't remember the exact GUID, but the shell and shellx64 application modules have it. Also changeing the "EFI Boot" from enabled to disabled will make this boot menu option show/hide. There is also a boot options similar to "Windows Boot Manager", but I wasn't even able to get this to show via modding.

These boot entries are contained in the boot0, boot1, boot2, etc global EFI variables. After discovering the diagnostics EFI trick, I installed Windows 8 through EFI and tried to use EasyUEFI to manually edit these boot entries. Any changed I made were always overwritten upon reboot because the bios would recreate the boot entries from scratch Sad
find
(05-11-2014, 11:45 AM)donovan6000 Wrote: It's not so much as HP blocking EFI as much as they never fully implemented a way to use it Undecided

I was never able to get an ideal solution to EFI boot working for old HP bios, mine was sp55299, aside from the diagnostics tool trick. There's is a complete boot maitance manager in the BDS module, which you can see with Universal IFR Extractor. It'll let you add/remove EFI boot entries and boot directly to an EFI file. I spent more than a month trying to access this menu without success. It looks like it is connected to pressing F9 to get to the boot manager since I was able to get to a screen that asked me to "Save any changes" after pressing F9. This save screen is called only if the settings in the boot maitance manager are changed, so they must be connected Smile

And if you add an EFI application module with a specific GUID, then the option for "Boot to EFI Shell" will appear in the boot manager. However it always failed to boot the application on my computer. I don't remember the exact GUID, but the shell and shellx64 application modules have it. Also changeing the "EFI Boot" from enabled to disabled will make this boot menu option show/hide. There is also a boot options similar to "Windows Boot Manager", but I wasn't even able to get this to show via modding.

These boot entries are contained in the boot0, boot1, boot2, etc global EFI variables. After discovering the diagnostics EFI trick, I installed Windows 8 through EFI and tried to use EasyUEFI to manually edit these boot entries. Any changed I made were always overwritten upon reboot because the bios would recreate the boot entries from scratch Sad

Hey Donovan, I Always saying "You're simply The Best !" (Tina Turner I love her)
Regards

find
(05-11-2014, 11:55 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Hey Donovan, I Always saying "You're simply The Best !" (Tina Turner I love her)
Regards

XD I know. And It's true Big Grin

I was thinking we could make that as a slogan for the website we've been talking about. "Simply The Best!" sounds like the perfect phrase for it Cool
find