New year, new stuff! Watch for our announcement on improvements and new content being added to our community.

Forum RSS FeedFollow @ TwitterFollow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Project AM3 Ready ASUS
11-29-2010, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2010 12:52 PM by sopo.)
RE: Project AM3 Ready ASUS
Hi,

It's just like flashing your onboard chip. Only after booting bios is not nesecary anymore and you can carefully change the bios chip.
Now you can flash another empty or wrongly flashed chip. With this chip you can boot after the flash has worked. So you have 2 working chips now.
You can do it either with usb or floppy or CD. Anything that boots to dos. Then you use the flashing utility to flash the bios. When in dos you can change the chip.
Building a bootdisk in windows? Formating a floppy as ms-dos startup disk.
Then use these files to make another medium bootable.
Remember, google is your best friend too in these matters!

Happy flashing

Sopo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Login or Register to remove this ad

12-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Any hope for a X6 1055T working on a M2N-MX SE Plus? If not, what about a 940/945? And would I have to update the bios in either of those cases? Thanks.
05-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Welcome Jurgen. It's good to know you have a BIOS programmer (again). TheWiz doing everything possible to support AM3 for many M2N-Series motherboards from ASUS and the people who have the ability to recover the blows of the beta have a greater chance of "black-selection of the best. Your contributions and test will be appreciated by the hordes of people out there with advice M2N looking to upgrade to the latest offering from AMD.
06-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Hello to everybody !

I just look in to ask a few naive questions Blush

I highly appreciate the work already done !

... but unfortunately it seems that there is little progress in adding support of "newer" CPU-types to the whole M2-Board range.

I thought it might be "easy" to do this for all the mainboards, once figured out the "howto" for one board - especially all the Asus M2-boards are very similar.

So in my case, i still use a few of these "ancient" boards in office-PCs.

There is the M2NPV-VM - which supports newer CPUs with Asus Beta-Bios,
and the nearly identical M2NBP-VM for which asus unfortunatly didn´t offered a new bios.

I understand that asus did a lot of changes to the prior bios-versions, and it takes a lot of time, knowledge - and the right tools, to understand what exactly they did.

But wouldn´t it be easier to "just" modify the beta-versions to fit the other boards with same chipset / onboard graphic ?

I never tried, but wondered if it might even be possible to do a "brute-force" cross-flashing ?

... so please keep on going !
08-09-2012, 05:24 AM
I thought I might start by replacing the microcode first and maybe replacing the AGESA later if needed, but because the microcode is located elsewhere in the Sun, I'm not sure what to do now.
BlushBlushBlush

-------------------------

Longchamp Sac

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
BIOS-Mods Member Chat
To join us in the community live chat, please register or login.