Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
Today 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22786
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
Today 04:54 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6767
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 68
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Today 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 306
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Today 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2835
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Today 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 22016
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 174
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26130
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 135
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 123
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6226
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220145
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 197
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 188
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98815
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24117
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324749
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1076
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 350
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 175

[Request-Camilo] Sony Vaio SA/SB/SC/SD/SE series R2085H4 Advanced Menu + Sata 3? Plz
if you have a voltmeter test if you have any voltage without the battery attached unlikely it could be a beeper too but it looks like a cmos battery
but be careful if its the battery dont cause a short circuit you coult damage a capacitor or any smd resistor they've very small tolerances.. and dont forget it could take days to discharge the circuit so stay calm ;-) i know this can be hard but when you have voltage on the part which looks like a cmos bat at worst you've to wait a week or longer ....

i've still garantee if i lose it because of liqid or damage i will open mine and try to attache a dip switch or something like this

but great disassambly video

do you've already assambled it tell us

edit:
Look what i found ....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Vaio-VPC-...0689617182
second edit:
a friend told me to use a low voltage led to discharge the circuid, he sad i've to put it instead the battery in the circuid hope you solve your probs already

greets morn
find
The video is not mine but from a guy on a other forum. I have not disassembled my laptop because of my 3 year warranty. And it's only 3 weeks old. With battery i meant the large one that powers the laptop.

I'm sending it in for repairs and i hope they fix it. The repair phone number is closed again though.

Good find with the battery! Also do you think only resetting the cmos is enough? There are more ways to store bios settings etc right? alteast some of my hardware nerd friends told me. ( im more software side nerd ).
also when resseting cmos i do this ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0
find
I dont know if its enough , but i never had any computer or notebook witch needed more than a cmos battery reset to clear settings , and normaly you dont need to short the circuid its mostly enough to "discontact" the battery for some time
today when using desktop mainboards you can find two bios chips on one board for misconfiguration issues but i dont think that sony .....they want to make money dont they? It could be the reason for deactivating the sata 6gb capatability.....
when you see this video you see how tiny the mainboard i dont think they put a second flash or whatever on it to prevent users clearing there cmos by themselves...

perhaps you could post the url of the other threat where you found that video i could ask this guy if he wants to test clearing the bios using the battery....

[censored] i want to enable vt-d but i am afraid to brick my vpcsb1 [censored]Angry

its now 02:27 in the morning here in ger i have to go sleeping.
in five hours i've to update an ubuntu hotspot server client system,
holy Ship i lost to much time today and yesterday night too [censored]
will i get my sleep someday-night?
read you all gys
greets morn
find
One possible reason might be to improve bios startup speed, but that's just dumb speculating of me.

forum ->http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony-owners-lounge-forum/614822-sony-se-owners-thread-80.html
and look for the username "kruegsch". there is also a hq picture where the cmos i barely visible.

Would you reset the cmos if it is possible that way?

wow your schedule is crazy! mine was 1:30-7:00 sleep
find
I had to remove the battery to reset my RTC. Now I have a nice switch to break the battery connection, because it's located at the worst position. You have to disassemble the whole notebook.

Back to topic and bad news:
I does reset the hardware clock but it does not reset the other BIOS settings!

Do we know a BIOS recovery strategy (key combinatione while booting, ...)?

find
That is the trick, the only data that is really stored on volatile memory is RTC data, the bios setup values go in an eeprom emulated zone in the flash, but when you disconnect the battery and corrupt RTC data it should load all default values even in the emulated eeprom. If this notebook does not act this way then i think only solution is reprogram SPI flash ic and manually corrupt "CMOS" settings.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
Sony just called. They are replacing my motherboard Smile. Gonna take a while because its not in stock
find
Heart 
Hi, all!
Just for addition statistics
- VPC-SE1X
- BIOS R2085H4 by Camiloml
Result:
- many addition stuff in Setup BIOS
- no SATA III

Thanks Camiloml for his work!

find
(12-01-2011, 06:12 PM)oozijk Wrote: Intel Rapid Storage now says "Your system is configured to enable advanced SATA features for optimal power management and increased storage performance." Before the standard BIOS was set to RAID and Intel Rapid Storage did NOT say drive was set for increased performance[/size]

Please understand that there is absolutely no performance difference between AHCI and RAID. The message from Intel Rapid Storage is only there to let you know that AHCI is much better than IDE mode (sometimes also called Compatibility Mode). RAID mode adds additional capabilities to AHCI mode but does not remove anything related to performance or power consumption (like NCQ, TRIM, LPM). If RAID is not needed it does not hurt to switch to AHCI but you also get absolutely no befit from doing so.
find
Yup. The easy way to tell, is the IRST driver will indicate NCQ support is there, which requires AHCI functionality.

I try, my friend.
find