Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 66
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40964
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55311
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 146
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52214
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167177
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

[Request-Camilo] Sony Vaio SA/SB/SC/SD/SE series R2085H4 Advanced Menu + Sata 3? Plz
(12-03-2011, 04:54 PM)camiloml Wrote: jajaja de la coruña, si Smile Saludos paisano. Wink

Hello Camile,

Thank you for your time. This bios still does not have sata 3 support like the original I showed you in my first post. DO you think you can figure it out and enable sata 3 support in the new bios please? All the SA owners would love that.

The one you uploaded is still sata 2

Thank you

Oozi
(12-03-2011, 10:34 PM)doodio Wrote:
(12-03-2011, 09:09 PM)frozst Wrote: Confirmed that there is no sata 3 in this bios Sad. I have checked AHCI options but nothing happened.

Sata3 is only available on R1031H4.

Well that's just a shame. Sad This is really a kick in the teeth to all sony SA/B/C/E owners. Clearly just a ploy for Sony to make you purchase their crappy overpriced SSD version. I think we should start an online petition for all S series owners to make them re-enable it. It's complete nonsense to purposely disable working hardware and punish owners who have already spend 1K+ on their laptop.
On that note, is their any risk in upgrading and then trying to downgrade to the R1031H4 bios? Right now when I try to install it it still says my version is current and won't let me do it with the unlocked bios.

(12-03-2011, 09:09 PM)frozst Wrote: Confirmed that there is no sata 3 in this bios Sad. I have checked AHCI options but nothing happened.

Well that's just a shame. Sad This is really a kick in the teeth to all sony SA/B/C/E owners. Clearly just a ploy for Sony to make you purchase their crappy overpriced SSD version. I think we should start an online petition for all S series owners to make them re-enable it. It's complete nonsense to purposely disable working hardware and punish owners who have already spend 1K+ on their laptop.

I used Camilo new bios and my AHCI works fine and also shows up in intel rapid storage for increased drive performance.
find
@oozijk, you mean you have Sata3 support with this bios? I'm testing right now and it hasn't. I see the AHCI on advanced menu but still 3gps speed...
find
Here is some screenshot with the crucial m4 256gb.

[Image: vaiossata2biosr1031h4.png]
[Image: vaiossata3biosr2085h4.png]
find
(12-04-2011, 07:39 AM)frozst Wrote: @oozijk, you mean you have Sata3 support with this bios? I'm testing right now and it hasn't. I see the AHCI on advanced menu but still 3gps speed...

There is NO sata 3 support in the New BIOS from Camilo. I believe he is trying to work on that right now.
find
I know, I've testing. I hope he achieves.
find
@doodio- To downgrade back to R1031H4 you must First upgrade to one of the UNLOCKED BIOS's posted by Camilo. Once you are upgraded you can now revert back to the Original BIOS. ; If it still wont let you downgrade to original BIOS you can always "downgrade" to Camilo's Unlocked R1031H4 BIOS with advanced menu (same as Original, just with advanced menu.

@frozst -
For AHCI Go to the advanced menu in the unlocked bios from Camilo, and go under SATA/RAID/Hard Drive/Controllers..etc.. (I am not sure which one, but you get the idea. Vaio's default setting is RAID. Now change RAID to AHCI and save and restart; Windows will detect new hardware and Install drivers for (can be seen under controllers in device manager), Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller! Before it was listed something like Intel bla bla RAID Controller.

Make sure your intel chipset drivers are up to date, my Vaio is 2 weeks old and I was able to update to new chipset drivers, Rapid storage, Intel Management Engine Interface, etc.. I use a free program called DriverMax to get driver updates.

Sony Driver Update
Intel Rapid Storage Technology (SATA AHCI) 10.8.0.1003

And after all that if AHCI still does not work (THIS WILL WORK, Probably Should do this step First lol , Before you change to ACHI mode in BIOS (if you already have, change it back to RAID), THAN you can enable AHCI via registry before you change the SATA mode of the boot drive:

Exit all Windows-based programs.

Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
Locate and then click one of the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then clickModify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

NOW go back to BIOS and switch to RAID TO AHCI, now restart the computer and it should install the new AHCI controller.

Intel Rapid Storage now says "Your system is configured to enable advanced SATA features for optimal power management and increased storage performance." Before the standard BIOS was set to RAID and Intel Rapid Storage did NOT say drive was set for increased performance. Now you have Faster Drive Performance and Intel Rapid storage software says your drive is set for increased storage performance!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976/en-us

On that note, is their any risk in upgrading and then trying to downgrade to the R1031H4 bios? Right now when I try to install it it still says my version is current and won't let me do it with the unlocked bios.

find
(12-03-2011, 05:18 PM)camiloml Wrote: I downloaded the original file from sony's site. So i guess is the correct one Smile I need to have a deeper look to see if that SATA3 issue is tweakeable by bios patching. But that will take longer time. So i think not today Smile

Hello Camilo,

Any luck with the sata 3 bios patch for the New BIOS with advanced menu? Thanks

find
Hi.

All ideas i have to try are too risky, and i think there's no know way yet to recover bios from such expensive laptops if we brick it. So guys i think you must encourage sony to give that SATA3 back. They can do it much safer than me, they will not brick your laptops (hopefully). I will unlock next realease again if needed, but push on sony to bring it back. Anyway i will continue digging in the issue to see if i can do anything with no posibilities of bricking someone's laptop in the tries.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
It would be awesome to have sata3 enabled on my se.

Any news from sony on this matter?
Also, I will donate the 35$ from my paypal account to anyone who beats sony to it.

Getting my se this weekend hopefully. I will try to encourage Sony about the matter when i get it. Although i know it's not really gonna help anyway.
find
Let me lol about donations Smile

Unlocked bioses for SA/SB/... series (the 3 versions released till now) have hundreds downloads, and only 2 persons had the detail to donate something Smile so please don't use the "i will donate if..." Smile it's not believeable Smile

I'm not complaining, because the donation itself is something completely volunteer, but i laugh seeing how many people are willing to donate if, and then download and even no thanks are given Smile

don't feel offended or personally attacked, nothing farer my intention Smile just thinking in loud voice Smile

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find