Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 295
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40946
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64121
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2503
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167077
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 232
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125399
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317026
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Vaio VGN-AR840e - Phoenix R2090J8 - 02/26/2008
KIZWAN has put the platform information inside the .rom file and renamed it to .wph sothat any one could be able to flash the bios from dos or using the flash utility which sony provides with it`s original bios files .

you don`t need .bin file you just will need to flash the modified bios ( .wph ) from dos or from windows .

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
(07-23-2011, 06:23 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: KIZWAN has put the platform information inside the .rom file and renamed it to .wph sothat any one could be able to flash the bios from dos or using the flash utility which sony provides with it`s original bios files .

you don`t need .bin file you just will need to flash the modified bios ( .wph ) from dos or from windows .

Created a DOS USB Flash drive. Copied over PHLASH 1614 and kizwan's modified R2090J8 file with SLIC. Renamed it to BIOS.WPH. Rebooted with Flash Drive, cd'ed over to C:/vaio directory. typed PH1614, starts, and then at third line of activity....

Phoenix Phlash 16 Error
The specified Module not found in the
ROM or the Image File

PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT

Okay, now what? I think we have tackled 2 million problems so far. Still no anti-virus running on this pc.

Richard
find
HERE IS YOUR BIOS.ROM FILE ( DEPENDS ON THE ONE KIZWAN HAS MODIFIED )
.rom   BIOS.ROM (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 16)

try flashing using phlash17.exe with these commands

ph161700 /x /FORCE /O /C /S FLASHABL.ROM

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THE BIOS WHICH KIZWAN HAS MODIFIED ISN`T YOUR NOTEBOOK`S ONE , YOUR MOTHERBOARD WILL BE BROKEN DOWN .
I HAVE MADE THE FILE BIOS.ROM DEPENDING ON THAT THIS BIOS IS FOR YOUR NOTEBOOK .

also i didn`t knew a flash method for sony vaio , i just knew that you should flash it from windows and if it fails then flash from dos .

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
(07-23-2011, 08:04 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: HERE IS YOUR BIOS.ROM FILE ( DEPENDS ON THE ONE KIZWAN HAS MODIFIED )

try flashing using phlash17.exe with these commands

ph161700 /x /FORCE /O /C /S FLASHABL.ROM

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THE BIOS WHICH KIZWAN HAS MODIFIED ISN`T YOUR NOTEBOOK`S ONE , YOUR MOTHERBOARD WILL BE BROKEN DOWN .
I HAVE MADE THE FILE BIOS.ROM DEPENDING ON THAT THIS BIOS IS FOR YOUR NOTEBOOK .

also i didn`t knew a flash method for sony vaio , i just knew that you should flash it from windows and if it fails then flash from dos .

I truly appreciate all of your efforts and patience with me, and my darn' Vaio (starting with AVG interference with Universal Boot Backup).

Kizwan's BIOS files were not specifically for my motherboard. As I had explained, they were for a different Sony Vaio model for Hippotek.

I believe that my BIOS file at Post 18 (extracted finally with Universal Boot Backup) is what needs to be modified. I suppose that Kizwan's mod for Hippotek of a different Sony Vaio laptop with the same number BIOS R2090J8, would provide you guidance. After all this, I would love to learn how to modify this BIOS file myself.

Once again, thanks for your persistence and positive assistance that you having thus far extended to me.

I hope that we can modify my BIOS.rom from Post 18 for flashing my computer, making hardware virtualization and AHCI possible, as well as who knows what else was locked out by Sony initially.
find
so , as i guessed it`s not for your notebook Big Grin Big Grin

i have just compared the file in post 18 with the one which KIZWAN has modified and found that they are different and it would brick your bios .

Don`t worry , i will begin modifying your original bios now and post it here tomorrow . Smile

find
(07-23-2011, 08:15 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: so , as i guessed it`s not for your notebook Big Grin Big Grin

i have just compared the file in post 18 with the one which KIZWAN has modified and found that they are different and it would brick your bios. Don`t worry , i will begin modifying your original bios now and post it here tomorrow . Smile

Thank you, Danke Schoen, Gratzi, Mucho Gracias, Merci, and thanks in any other languages you can think of, including Persian, Arabic or Farsi (you are Iranian, no?).

When this is done, I would love to learn what applications you use, and how you determine what code/settings have to be changed to unlock my BIOS.

Best regards,

Richard
find
no , i`m from EGYPT Smile

you are welcome here Smile

i will guide you to how to unlock your bios after this is done .

find
For BIOS R2090J8, someone already request it at NBR. The modified BIOS R2090J8 can be found here. And I got confirmation it works over here.

OR you also can wait a fresh mod from AHMED. Smile

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
(07-23-2011, 10:44 PM)kizwan Wrote: For BIOS R2090J8, someone already request it at NBR. The modified BIOS R2090J8 can be found here. And I got confirmation it works over here.

OR you also can wait a fresh mod from AHMED. Smile

So this modded BIOS is safe for the VGN-AR840e as well as those other Vaio notebooks, albeit different models? Don't want to brick the notebook. If you are advising that it is essentially safe to flash this notebook computer with that modded BIOS so, then, I need to download the modded version Samozen used from NBR.

Thanks for the update, and I will await your reply to confirm your belief that the modded BIOS is also safe for my Vaio (different model then either Hippotek or Samozen's Vaio notebooks.
find
HI KIZWAN ,

I think this bios isn`t safe for the AR840e too .
I have decompressed your modified bios file using PHOENIX SLIC MOD tool , and also decompressed the original bios file ( taken from the backup tool in post 18 )

then i opened the original bios file ( made by backup tool ) with PHOENIX TOOL and choose to modify the modules , no slic ,.......etc then when editing the DUMP folder , i have replaced the original bios file ( made by the backup tool ) with the modified bios files which you have modified .
and the tool reports changes in alot of sensitive modules like ROMEXE , OPROM , LOGO , GAP 1 , GAP2 , GAP 3 , TEMPLAT , VOLUMEINFO , VOLUMEDIR.......etc also the original bios didn`t include GAP4 module but the modified bios include it .

i can see that you have only unlocked menus and options ,,,this only requires modifying the templat module , but i have found that there are alot of changed modules.

THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT AS YOUR MODIFIED BIOS WORKS GREAT BUT JUST THIS IS NOT THE BIOS FOR THIS MODEL OR THE UNIVERSAL BACKUP TOOL READS AND GENERATED A CORRUPTED BIOS IMAGE !

however , the backup tool named the bios file 2080J8 too which means this is the same bios but i have found that the modules are changed.

i knew it`s possible to make one bios file for several modules ( the bios would contain alot of options which would appear depending on the model or hardware ) but it`s strange to find the modules heavily changed .

find