Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55271
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40933
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64113
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2500
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 134
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 80
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52157
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167040
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 321
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 132
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 115
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6326
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125386
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 316980
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-25-2024 08:36 AM
» Replies: 877
» Views: 280982

[WIKI Article Discussion] "Index of Modified BIOS Images"
Brick 
I am creating this thread as a "chatroom" for the Wiki article titled "Index of Modified BIOS Images".

Here is a link to the Wiki page.

This is a community project. I will need help from the BIOS modding community to fulfill this huge task.

Personnel required:
• Information gatherers: People who will get the actual images and put those images' links in the Wiki
• Sorters: As the Wiki grows, it will require more people who are willing to help make sure that the information stays within the correct sections.
• Validity Checkers: We need people who can help to verify new information as it is added to weed out errors.

I will do all I can to fulfill all of the above rolls, but I can only do so much. The biggest help at this moment would be compiling a list of BIOS images and their links. The list would include the BIOS version and its thread link. You can post the list here or in a text file.

I have created index tables for several manufacturers. I have also included a few BIOS images to get the index started. I will continue to add more images over time. Please try to follow the current format when adding information to the list. If you have suggestions on a better format, please feel free to post it here or PM me.

Feel free to discuss the wiki article and post comments, questions, concerns, suggestions, advice, etc. in this thread.

As for incentives:
1.) You are doing a LOT of people, and this community as a whole, a LOT of help.
2.) You will be recognized for your contribution(s) to the Wiki, no matter how small (the discussion page within the Wiki contains a list of people who helped out).
3.) If you are a BIOS modder, you can add your own images to the Wiki so that you (and everyone who views the Wiki) can see all of the contributions that you have made to the community!

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hi Sml6397,

the wiki is a good idea in my opinion and I would like to make a few suggestions.

There are many types of different modifications. It might be better to have an own description field for each BIOS.

It would also be helpful to see a link to the thread where the modification was made. Users will be able to easily access the correct discussion place this way.
find
Hello xsmile,

Thank you for your great suggestions!

I am still learning how to use mediawiki, but I will be implementing both of your recommended additions.

I can implement the first right now, but for the second one, I need to know how to make a small popup window.

An example of what I mean can be found at this site. Search for "see full list" on the page and click it. A small window should pop up. I would use this for large amounts of text such as a list of computer models.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello xsmile,

I have implemented your first suggestion (thread link) into the Phoenix>Sony Images table of the Wiki article (so far only for the R2080J8 image). Please tell me what you think. This feature still could use some improvement as it looks somewhat odd.

The link goes to the specific post in the thread where the BIOS was modified.

Right now, to save room, I have made the link an asterisk.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SEPARATE POST FROM THE PREVIOUS POST (The site refuses to separate the two posts).

I am going to add a poll to this thread.

The poll will ask the following question, "Should a small popup window be placed into cells in the 'Computer Model(s)' column of the tables that have more than one or two BIOS models?"

There are pros and cons to this idea.

PROS:
• This will clear up a LOT of space
- This is especially important when it comes to BIOS versions like the R2110J7 or R1120J7, which each have 10 or more computer models apiece. This can take up a massive amount of space vertically in the article.

CONS:
• The search feature of web browsers (Ctrl+F) will no longer be able to find computer models when searching the entire Wiki article.
-One of the original primary features of the Index was to allow users with only their computer model to search for a compatible BIOS model. A user could look up any piece of information that they have about a BIOS/computer and get all of the rest of the information they need (like compatible models, BIOS mods, BIOS versions, etc.)

I am personally leaning more towards leaving it the same (no popup window), but I want input from people other than myself.

~Steven

www find
(06-19-2014, 04:16 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello xsmile,

I have implemented your first suggestion (thread link) into the Phoenix>Sony Images table of the Wiki article (so far only for the R2080J8 image). Please tell me what you think. This feature still could use some improvement as it looks somewhat odd.

The link goes to the specific post in the thread where the BIOS was modified.

Right now, to save room, I have made the link an asterisk.

THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SEPARATE POST FROM THE PREVIOUS POST (The site refuses to separate the two posts).

I am going to add a poll to this thread.

The poll will ask the following question, "Should a small popup window be placed into cells in the 'Computer Model(s)' column of the tables that have more than one or two BIOS models?"

There are pros and cons to this idea.

PROS:
• This will clear up a LOT of space
- This is especially important when it comes to BIOS versions like the R2110J7 or R1120J7, which each have 10 or more computer models apiece. This can take up a massive amount of space vertically in the article.

CONS:
• The search feature of web browsers (Ctrl+F) will no longer be able to find computer models when searching the entire Wiki article.
-One of the original primary features of the Index was to allow users with only their computer model to search for a compatible BIOS model. A user could look up any piece of information that they have about a BIOS/computer and get all of the rest of the information they need (like compatible models, BIOS mods, BIOS versions, etc.)

I am personally leaning more towards leaving it the same (no popup window), but I want input from people other than myself.

~Steven

Hi friend,
I sent a PM to explain as You have to do for AutoMod procedure to Upload a full section for the tools, so the Mod List would present only Patches.txt file, but I haven't any reply from You, so I have to upload more files than before now !
CodeRush Patch Tool, FPT Tools, Patches.txt !
I don't know . . ., may be I will return to old way !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Hello BDMaster,

Sorry, I read it, but I somehow forgot to respond. I will respond to your PM later on today.

~Steven

(07-09-2014, 02:21 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Hi friend,
I sent a PM to explain as You have to do for AutoMod procedure to Upload a full section for the tools, so the Mod List would present only Patches.txt file, but I haven't any reply from You, so I have to upload more files than before now !
CodeRush Patch Tool, FPT Tools, Patches.txt !
I don't know . . ., may be I will return to old way !
Regards

www find