Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [solved] Enable ACHI on ECS P43T-A2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just recently got an SSD and am stuck with this board that doesn't have ACHI enabled. The chipset is perfectly capable, and I've contacted their support to no avail. I've attached the most recent BIOS - can someone enable it for me? Thanks!
Any luck? I see two people have downloaded the bios but no replies. Huh
im sorry but this bios doesnt have any hidden options at all!

Admin
(03-12-2011, 12:01 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]im sorry but this bios doesnt have any hidden options at all!

Admin

I guess I should have mentioned - I already looked for hidden options. I was more hoping that someone could mod it to add the option. The chipset is perfectly capable and I'd guess that it might be enabled on a similar board with the same bios and those commands could be copied over or something. I'm not that familiar with bios modding, so that might not even work, but I was curious.
Can you make a photo of what options you have in "SATA Configuration" and "Onboard SATA mode" menus? Everything looks like they should show you AHCI being available.
Here's the SATA device setup menu with my current settings.
[attachment=1937]

Here's the Drive Type options.
[attachment=1939]

Here's the DMA Mode options.
[attachment=1940]

This is the SATA Mode options. (I have it set to enhanced)
[attachment=1938]

Try this BIOS. You should see another option right under the SATA mode menu.
(03-16-2011, 01:23 AM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]Try this BIOS. You should see another option right under the SATA mode menu.

Flashed it with no errors. Tried to go into the Integrated Peripherals menu and it hard locked. I was able to boot still, but apparently it didn't like the change you made.
Thank you for your reply. I'll try to make the mod the other way around.
(03-17-2011, 12:40 AM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply. I'll try to make the mod the other way around.

I am also looking forward to it.
Pages: 1 2