Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [solved] p5kc bios need ahci
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hi every one! Can anybody unlock ahci on p5kc bios 1203 slic?? Very need it
Asus p5kc bios 1203 slic w/o ahci [attachment=2090]
Asus p5kc bios 0401 with ahci [attachment=2091]
This bios does not have any hidden options in it but you already seemt o have an AHCI Configuration Tab , under "Main"

Admin
(05-14-2011, 09:17 AM)Stepik Wrote: [ -> ]Hi every one! Can anybody unlock ahci on p5kc bios 1203 slic?? Very need it
Asus p5kc bios 1203 slic w/o ahci
Asus p5kc bios 0401 with ahci

I just gave it a try.

Download and flash at your own risk, ensure you have way to recover in case of something goes wrong.

DOWNLOAD YOUR MOD HERE.

Try changing "SATA Configuration" values in "SATA Configuration" menu. Change and come back to see if AHCI menu appear in main menu screen.

Nice day, and remember to come back and leave feedback. Wink
(06-18-2011, 07:11 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2011, 09:17 AM)Stepik Wrote: [ -> ]Hi every one! Can anybody unlock ahci on p5kc bios 1203 slic?? Very need it

I just gave it a try.

Download and flash at your own risk, ensure you have way to recover in case of something goes wrong.

DOWNLOAD YOUR MOD HERE.

Try changing "SATA Configuration" values in "SATA Configuration" menu. Change and come back to see if AHCI menu appear in main menu screen.

And the password to download the file is?
(06-26-2011, 06:56 AM)Rhadoo Wrote: [ -> ]

I just gave it a try.

DOWNLOAD YOUR MOD HERE.

the password is come and give feedback after download Smile

no feedback after download means test file password protected. sorry. encourage the downloader to come back and tell us all if the file worked for him.

File was already downloaded while pass free two times, and no one came to give feedback. So or the file bricked their computer or p5kc users don't deserve moded bios.
(06-26-2011, 03:54 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2011, 06:56 AM)Rhadoo Wrote: [ -> ]

I just gave it a try.

DOWNLOAD YOUR MOD HERE.

the password is come and give feedback after download Smile

no feedback after download means test file password protected. sorry. encourage the downloader to come back and tell us all if the file worked for him.

File was already downloaded while pass free two times, and no one came to give feedback. So or the file bricked their computer or p5kc users don't deserve moded bios.

Ok, file is password protected. After a whole day of searching the internet, this might be the easyest way to enabled AHCI on my P5KC motherboard. I promiss I'll come back for a good feedback if you give me that password. I understand if you don't want to do it here, so you can contact me at yahoo ID: clutch16b or email clutch16b@yahoo.com.
Password removed. Try it now if you want. Wink
10x. I'll be back with a review a.s.a.p... http://bios-mods.com/forum/images/smilies/angel.gif
Hy again. So I've updated my BIOS to the version from downloads... 1203 with AHCI... and I can't see any diferences in the BIOS settings... My board works OK, no problems there, but still, there is no true AHCI enabled for ICH9/R chipset on shouthbridge... I wanted to build a hackintosh machine based on this board, and upon installation, I can see clearly that my SATA ports aren't detected, not even port 1 whitch is on JMB363 if I am corect. That's not a problem, because I can always enable it after the instalation... but man...those other SATA ports... they've been killing me for 2-3 days now... I saw a 0401 BIOS posted above... I guess that's the first version released by ASUS, with true AHCI support... as soon as I gen my Flash Pen Drive back, I'll try downgrading to that one using AFUDOS...

camiloml, I guess that you somehow combined the two BIOSes above into one, but if you can share some light on what this new BIOS from downloads should do for AHCI, it would be very appreciated.

Fom what I can tell, the only change in BIOS settings is that, no mather what option I chose in the Main -> Sata Configuration (Disabled, Compatible or Enhanced), I always get IDE as the mode to configure to. I thought that it should let me configure SATA as AHCI there, like the option in Advanced -> Chipset -> Configure JMicron as AHCI. Also there is no speed increase in using the HD's. (EDIT: Sorry about that. Yes, there is a speed increase, and you can see it in copyinng files from one HD to another, about 25-30 MB/s).

I'll give feedback if there are new developments... Chears.
Ok, i have tried another way, new file 4 test uploaded, test it and tell me if it works now.

Camilo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10