Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP dv6700
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i would like to request that htis bios be unlocked mainly just the advanced SATA control is what i need there is no need to modify SLIc afaik as it has it already.
Mainboard Quanta 30CF
Bios Version f..34
Bios manufacturer Phoenix
HP provided BIOS file - HERE

if this has already been solved i apologize for the double post as i did search perhaps it is hidden

EDIT: updated BIOS from f.2c to f.34 as i have seen some reports of AHCI being enable however it did not solve my issue link to bios and bios version have been updated to reflect
After extracting the bios from exe file , i got 2 bios files with and found its name the same as 2 bios file in this thread :-

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...ck-request

check if the bios is the same and choose the correct file before flashing .
feel free to ask anything .
Works perfectly I apologize for my lack of searching skills. one comment i will make is once you rename one of the files to BIOS.WPH and move it to the SWFlash dir and try to run it it wont flash if it is not the correct one for your PC at which point you can rename the other one move it and run it if neither work then i dont know a workaround but this is a very safe as far as flashing goes

Thanks again for the unlock it worked great
you are welcome Smile
Thanks alot for your feedback .
Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod
Did it work for you. I flashed mine but I cant get the Bios to see the HD once I enable AHCI. Just wondering if it worked for you.
Thanks!
(11-08-2011, 01:00 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod

One question.

Is the WLAN whitelist check removed in this BIOS, too?

Regards

Pedrito
No , its not removed ....... you should request a whitelist remove in the wifi whitelist section here in the forum .
Thank you
HP DV6809wm
Phoenix BIOS F.34
AMD Turion 64 X2 (TL-60, I guess)

Works like charm! Thanks a Lot!

Simplify:
1) Copy one of 2 the files named 30CFF34A.WPH or 30CFF34B.WPH (according to your computer model), inside "\SP52477\" folder
2) Rename it to BIOS.WPH
3) Paste on "\SP52477\SWinFlash\" subfolder BEFORE executing "\SP52477\SWinFlash\SWinFlash.exe" file.

My experience was under 32-bit Windows Vista Ultimate edition. Big Grin

Dodgy Unfortunatelly, I still experiencing problems with detecting audio on Win 7. I think that my mobo is broked...
Will this work with Compaq Presario V6500. It has the same quanta 30CF board