Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: foxconn g33m05g1 unlock request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there anyone out here who knows anything about this board, the foxconn g33m05g1? I bought it as a replacement for my dell inspiron 530s when the original foxconn board bit the dust. I was unable to afford a true foxconn g33m board, so I got this. the splash screen says it was from an emachine, though I have not the slightest idea which one. with the splash screen disabled it says something about bearlake at the bottom. I am looking for an unlocked bios for it, with overclocking and/or the foxconn control menus. actually, any advanced option would do, as there is not much that can be done with the current bios. I know it uses the smaller bios akin to the real foxconn board, as opposed to the larger bios used by dell. I can send the bios file to whoever can help, if someone can indeed help, or knows anything about it. my email is ctrainorwkf@gmail.com. thanks in advance. chaz
Please provide a link to the BIOS download, you can find this on the manufacturers website.

Thanks.
here is a link to the website for the bios file. it is from a gateway fx4710 series computer.
http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=22400&dscr=Intel%20G33%20Motherboard%20BIOS%20Version%20841P091G&uid=327947952
and just in case, i attached a zip of the bios file i directly downloaded.
thanks, chaz

Its an award bios not phoenix .
moved to the right section ( award unlocking requests ).
here is what i managed to do with the bios. if anyone is interested in further investigation, please let me know.
(02-09-2012, 12:08 PM)justchaz Wrote: [ -> ]here is what i managed to do with the bios. if anyone is interested in further investigation, please let me know.

I'm interested, although the .bin file listed is corrupt; it says it's too small to flash; I'd love to get a copy of your modded instance. Big Grin

Thx!
(02-15-2012, 07:50 PM)BlkHole Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2012, 12:08 PM)justchaz Wrote: [ -> ]here is what i managed to do with the bios. if anyone is interested in further investigation, please let me know.

I'm interested, although the .bin file listed is corrupt; it says it's too small to flash; I'd love to get a copy of your modded instance. Big Grin

Thx!

Nevermind, I got it working, although it doesn't actually have the features in a usable state? I see OC options but there are no details once you drill down??
I know. it is incredibly frustrating. I have the machine broken down right now, as I recently acquired an inspiron 530 non slimline, an i became too frustrated trying to pad mod the e4500 like I did with the e2140 and get it to work with the slimline power supply and the emachines board. I recently built my own power supply to fit another case (not a slim case nor a full sized case), as that was part of the problem. I was hoping someone else would be able to pick up where I left off and try to remove some of the blocks on the bios if possible. I just do not know enough about bioses. I run os x on every computer that I get my hands on, so software overclocking is not an option. Hopefully someone will eventually figure this thing out.
I just wish I could flash the bios for a real foxconn g33m board or for the intel equivalent, though everyone says OCing with the g33 chipset is next to impossible. I dunno.