Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] HP Pavillion dm1-3020us F.13 (sp54026) whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Latest version is F.13:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54001-54500/sp54026.exe

Stock WLAN card:
Ralink RT5390
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F&SUBSYS_1637103C

Replacement card:
Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1102
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0030

Already tried installing the card without modding, got error 702.
Checked out some threads at notebookreview and mydigitallife on the dm1-30xx series, most (if not all) models have signed BIOSes, and pretty much everything, from the flasher to the recovery utility, checks for a sig. Still willing to test, though, if badflash USB recovery files are posted.

Found a similar request here:
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Te...12-or-F-13
Not sure if the file in that thread will work, though; will test once/if recovery files are posted.

Thanks in advance, and good luck!
Bump.

Still willing to test if recovery files are posted. Does anyone know if the BIOS linked to above will work on a dm1-30xx series laptop?
I have a DM1-4108au and I would like more information on the WiFi whitelist as well.

My DM1 currently has a Broadcom BCM94313 and I want to try an Intel wireless chip due to being well supported in Linux. (The Broadcom is not very well supported and gives very flaky mediocre performance.)

Thanks.