Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Packard Bell iMedia 2579 BIOS OC mod request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Having some real problems with finding the right mod - http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Pa...ns-Slic2-1 - has the same mb details but different model number and the way the post is written really confuses me.

My PC Details

PC - Parckard Bell iMedia 2579

MB - Cuba MS-7301 PT890 chipset (Mfr Packard Bell BV - MSI oem)

BIOS - W7301VP2 V3.03 120506 - from POST screen (Diagnostic report states Phoenix AwardBIOS v6.00PG)

Have used a BIOS Backup Toolkit to get my current BIOS as PB has ceased to support this model - File Name - W7301VP2.303.rom (Attached).

Been unable to find any 'standard update' for this bios and hoping u guys can help me out with this. If the thread i have linked is the one i need then great (i'd just like a modder to let me know). All this 'at ur own risk' stuff is making me wanna dbl check everything ha!

Also, could u please link the appropriate tutorial for flashing the BIOS, have looked at the available ones but the ambiguous way the BIOS is named, i'm not sure which is correct.

BIOS is stated as Phoenix AwardBIOS.... should i be looking at phoenix or award pages? lol

Anyway, thanks in advance
Ok

So i decided to have a bash myself, lemme list my steps -

- Downloaded modbin6
- Renamed W7301VP2.303.rom to W7301VP2.bin
- Opened file in modbin6
- Edited properties of required options (easy enough as my BIOS shows the required options but they are show-only), changed to 'Normal'
- Saved as - W7301VP2a (this file was saved as W7301VP2a.bi)
- Renamed W7301VP2a.bi to W7301VP2a.bin
- Re-opened in modbin6 and checked changes - all held

Next steps elude me lol

Is there a way to test this new 'modded' file before applying it to the BIOS?
Is the AWDFLASH version important? Am running Vista (yeh... i know Dodgy) and found >> these << options

Thanks again
Hmm...

Seems i've reach my 'Teach yourself BIOS modding in a day' limit

I am quite impressed with myself that a) the PC is still working (currently on my modded BIOS) and b) the things i thought i changed, were changed Cool

Sadly, even having changed the show-only/normal, although doing exactly that, i am getting no options to choose from. When i select CPU Frequency (shown as total speed (1.86GHz) and (what i assume is..) FSB speed (1066MHz) i.e. CPU Frequency - [1.86GHz/1066MHz]) i dont get a list of options, i just get [.....].

Hopefully someone that knows what they are doing can sort this out or maybe give me some pointers, i havent been able to find any modbin6 tutorial that shows you how to add a list of options to any particular item.
Well....

Not knowing if this BIOS mod is possible and not knowing if its even being worked on (bit meh considering there are threads getting replies within minutes of posting), i have resorted to software clocking and have managed to increase from 1.86GHz to 2.1GHz... guess that'll have to do.

CPUCool works for this board, BIOS, CPU combo if anyone else needs it (That is if you have the ICS 953002DFLF PLL Chip).