Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 322372
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
Today 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 791
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
Today 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 210
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
Today 06:56 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 540853
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 179
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 157
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 655138
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20326
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: alvaro8905
04-13-2024 05:25 PM
» Replies: 673
» Views: 162928
Lenovo Yoga 14s (slim7Gen 8)
04-13-2024 03:32 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 585
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
04-13-2024 03:31 PM
» Replies: 470
» Views: 129016
ASUS P5lD2 SE AHCI Mod needed. Please ;)
Last Post: jave200372
04-12-2024 10:16 PM
» Views: 5567
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire A515-57(G) BIOS Un...
04-12-2024 01:29 PM
» Views: 205
Help with Gigabyte X299 WU-8 PCie Bifurc...
Last Post: ezaton
04-12-2024 12:30 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 2563
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
04-11-2024 10:39 AM
» Replies: 80
» Views: 23328
Bios Mod for HPE Microserver Gen10
Last Post: flobo88
04-11-2024 10:16 AM
» Views: 213
BIOS DXE Driver modding
Last Post: Dr_Retro_Cube
04-11-2024 08:55 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2204
Dell N5010 with 16GB of ram, possible?
Last Post: Komajster
04-11-2024 06:46 AM
» Views: 185
[REQUEST] VGA MOD Lenovo E480 - AMD RX55...
Last Post: ChesterNut999
04-11-2024 05:49 AM
» Views: 183

[REQUEST] Asus Rog Strix III (G731GU) advanced menu unlock assistance
Star 
Hey forum and all!

This is my first post so I hope I wont do anything wrong. Smile

So I would like to ask for a proper method how to update BIOS (only possible under DOS) with files/links for Asus Rog Strix G731GU laptop because my modified BIOS is corrupt but all the size and name is exactly the same as the original one (G731GU.307) so I dont know what did I miss or did wrong.

I have used AMIBCP 5.01.0014 to turn disabled/hidden options on. Also I think I need a proper DOS boot for flash this type of secured BIOS, only could try some win98, me, xp DOSes, it doesnt seems to work.

I went through on so many blogs but even with more information I have got much confused...not my first BIOS update

Details of Laptop

Direct download for BIOS file. if someone have another method to unlock BIOS which can be updated easily.

Thanks in advance for any help, links, files, pictures, docs or for some good words. Smile
find
(12-05-2019, 02:46 PM)gr4zz Wrote: Hey forum and all!

This is my first post so I hope I wont do anything wrong. Smile

So I would like to ask for a proper method how to update BIOS (only possible under DOS) with files/links for Asus Rog Strix G731GU laptop because my modified BIOS is corrupt but all the size and name is exactly the same as the original one (G731GU.307) so I dont know what did I miss or did wrong.

I have used AMIBCP 5.01.0014 to turn disabled/hidden options on. Also I think I need a proper DOS boot for flash this type of secured BIOS, only could try some win98, me, xp DOSes, it doesnt seems to work.

I went through on so many blogs but even with more information I have got much confused...not my first BIOS update

Details of Laptop

Direct download for BIOS file. if someone have another method to unlock BIOS which can be updated easily.

Thanks in advance for any help, links, files, pictures, docs or for some good words. Smile

Hi~~guy

I can modify this bios ,please use this tool to backup bios and attach it.
(Run dump.bat as administrator)

find
Hello.

I have the exact same laptop and was wondering if you could help me get the modded bios as well?

I used your tool and attached my dump.rom.

Thank you.
find
Hi it's me again, many months later with no reply.

So I tried to modify the bios myself with AMIBCP and managed to change settings and all, but for some reason, AMI flash doesn't actually flash the bios when it says it does, everything stays the same.

I no one wants to make the bios for me alright, but a little information on what I need to do to flash the changed bios would be appreciated.

All AMI flash does is state it will reboot into recovery mode, but recovery mode never comes...
find
Hello,

I recently got a new laptop used that I finally upgraded to from an old 2012 laptop, and was wondering if anyone could help me unlock the advanced menu's in the bios?

I've already attempted to do it myself following online guides with AMIBCP, but after I set all the extra options to 'supervisor' and save it, I can't seem to get it to upload to the bios with AMIflash.

Searched around the net and found this forum along with others who were searching for help with this laptop as well and thought I'd try as well.

I've attached the latest bios from Asus to this post, and thank you for any help that can be given.

Attached Files
.zip   G731GUAS310.zip (Size: 8.41 MB / Downloads: 18)
find
I've run the tool and gotten a dump.rom file. Any chance this can be modified to allow undervolting? The Asus Armoury Crate tool seems to control voltage, and the CPU runs at a much lower voltage when it's in "Silent" mode (as low as 675 mV sometimes), but it doesn't ramp up enough when running games that way, so it's either noisy when I'm doing nothing or slow when I'm trying to play games. If the voltage weren't locked I could find better ways to control it depending on load.

I'll also stick a bunch of screenshots of the menu layout in the ZIP along with the dump, if they're helpful at all. Let me know if you need more.

Attached Files
.zip   dump_and_photos.zip (Size: 11.4 MB / Downloads: 24)
find
(10-05-2020, 04:51 PM)Jaitsu Wrote: I've run the tool and gotten a dump.rom file. Any chance this can be modified to allow undervolting? The Asus Armoury Crate tool seems to control voltage, and the CPU runs at a much lower voltage when it's in "Silent" mode (as low as 675 mV sometimes), but it doesn't ramp up enough when running games that way, so it's either noisy when I'm doing nothing or slow when I'm trying to play games. If the voltage weren't locked I could find better ways to control it depending on load.

I'll also stick a bunch of screenshots of the menu layout in the ZIP along with the dump, if they're helpful at all. Let me know if you need more.
I think this laptop is blacklisted or something since my request and everyone else's for like almost a year has been ignored. I think we'll just have to figure it out ourselves or give up. Shame cause I really wanted to get more out of such a locked down laptop.

I'm even willing to donate a ton if I could get help, but I went through the forum and there's like not even a response to any request made since the original made from 2019.
find
(10-06-2020, 08:20 AM)reallylovetacos Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 04:51 PM)Jaitsu Wrote: I've run the tool and gotten a dump.rom file. Any chance this can be modified to allow undervolting? The Asus Armoury Crate tool seems to control voltage, and the CPU runs at a much lower voltage when it's in "Silent" mode (as low as 675 mV sometimes), but it doesn't ramp up enough when running games that way, so it's either noisy when I'm doing nothing or slow when I'm trying to play games. If the voltage weren't locked I could find better ways to control it depending on load.

I think this laptop is blacklisted or something since my request and everyone else's for like almost a year has been ignored. I think we'll just have to figure it out ourselves or give up. Shame cause I really wanted to get more out of such a locked down laptop.

I'm even willing to donate a ton if I could get help, but I went through the forum and there's like not even a response to any request made since the original made from 2019.
To be fair, genius239 was asking for a direct .rom dump, not just the source file downloaded from Asus, and I'm not clear on what the difference is other than the original Asus file being encapsulated. I was hoping that plus some extra details on the menu layouts would be helpful here.
find
To Jaitsu ,why i don't reply to you on this thread.
Because i'm no way to solve undervoltage restriction in newest bios ,and your demand is very weird ,on low voltage(on silent mode) but wanna get high performance on gaming?? i really don't understood!

Another reason ,if you insist to adjust cpu vcore voltage in bios ,it will let your laptop crush and almost can't revert ,clear cmos or re-write bios still no any hlep ,on my impression only a Korea user can avoid this issue and do undervoltage successfully.
(Enable internal graphic also let it crush)
If you only want to make undervoltage in XTU ,you can downgrade bios to version 307 then try.

And why i always want people to dump bios with fpt ,it's very simple cuz asus official bios can't bypass and re-flash again by EZflash when we do any changes in bios.
As i can't achieve your request ,so i will not reply to that i can't do or i'm not interesting thing , this's my custom.

Undervoltage unlock is hard to do by my ability ,but overclocking memory or enable XMP feature or let some hidden items appear in bios is possible.
This's an example for oc memory in the similar laptop model.
https://239239.blogspot.com/2020/08/GU50...ry_12.html

*I've ever thought ,if we can could swapping older microcode from old bios inject to new bios to solve undervoltage restriction ,but i'm not sure and it may danger ,so if people don't have spi programer i will not to do this test.

find
(10-06-2020, 11:08 PM)genius239 Wrote: To Jaitsu ,why i don't reply to you on this thread.
Because i'm no way to solve undervoltage restriction in newest bios ,and your demand is very weird ,on low voltage(on silent mode) but wanna get high performance on gaming?? i really don't understood!

Another reason ,if you insist to adjust cpu vcore voltage in bios ,it will let your laptop crush and almost can't revert ,clear cmos or re-write bios still no any hlep ,on my impression only a Korea user can avoid this issue  and do undervoltage successfully.
(Enable internal graphic also let it crush)
If you only want to make undervoltage in XTU ,you can downgrade bios to version 307 then try.

And why i always want people to dump bios with fpt ,it's very simple cuz asus official bios can't bypass and re-flash again by EZflash when we do any changes in bios.
As i can't achieve your request  ,so i will not reply to that i can't do or i'm not interesting thing  , this's my custom.

Undervoltage unlock is hard to do by my ability ,but overclocking memory or enable XMP feature or let some hidden items appear in bios is possible.
This's an example for oc memory in the similar laptop model.
https://239239.blogspot.com/2020/08/GU50...ry_12.html

*I've ever thought ,if we can could swapping older microcode from old bios inject to new bios to solve undervoltage restriction ,but i'm not sure and it may danger ,so if people don't have spi programer i will not to do this test.
Unlocking the bios enough to allow me to use the 3200mhz memory I have in it would be all I want, even if the rest can't be done. If that at least can be offered as help, I'd appreciate it. Let me know if there's anything you want from me.
find