Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Today 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22050
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Today 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 40996
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: k24a1
Today 05:28 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6580
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317171
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101092
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2525
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 339
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55332
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64138
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4103
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 100
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52223
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167281
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 241
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 332
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 147
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334

Bricked my Acer Aspire - plesae help!
bad time when there's no way to fix black screen or dead screen
find
I'm having the very same problem with my acer travemate P253-E ! Bt mine did that afta accidentaly unplugin the charger while there was no battery in the laptop! Anyone help us out please! Tanx in advance for your help!
find
lesleyman, during a BIOS update?

find
Hey all,

Sorry if i am posting in the incorrect forum but I would like some assistance.

I recently picked up an Acer E1-531 laptop which suffers from the black screen of death.

I have been doing a lot of digging and feel like I am very close to getting this fixed but need a bit of a push.

Background:
The system would only turn on for a few seconds (no fan, no HDD activity) and then off and just repeat this cycle.

I did some digging and located the steps to update the bios using crisis recovery.

When I remove the battery and power cable, hold FN-ESC, plug the power in, and turn it on the fan(s) will turn on and it will remain this way indefinitely.

I have downloaded the latest bios update from Acer and put the .fd file (Q5WV1X64.fd) on a USB drive formatted FAT and gone through the listed above but it does not seem to be updating the bios.

I have read in a few spots that the file name has to be exact and ended up using PhoenixTool.exe to determine the correct file name based on the .fd file. The tool spit out "Q5WV1X64.f?" as the appropriate file name. I can't use a ? in a file name and assumed that I should use .fd - no luck.

So, this leads me to my questions:

1. Has anyone used crisis recovery for an Acer E1-531? If so, can you confirm if Q5WV1X64.fd is the correct file name to use?
2. Does the fact that the file extension is f? instead of fd mean that there was an issue with phoenixtool?
3. Can someone confirm if these are the correct steps for my system to update bios using crisis recovery:

a. Download the latest bios and locate the .fd file.
b. Use phoenixtool.exe to determine what the .fd file should be renamed to.
c. Format a USB thumb drive to FAT (not FAT32 or NTFS) file system
d. Move the .fd file (and only the .fd file) to the USB thumb drive.
e. Remove the battery and power cable from the system
f. Insert the USB thumb drive into the laptop
g. Hold FN and ESC - plug the power cable in - press power - release FN, ESC, power when the fans turn on.
h. Wait to determine if the update takes.

I feel like i am very close to getting this done and am missing a small step or need to change the file name to something different.

I appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Chris
find
I have the same problem of mahmuodm18, I changed a vram to 1gb setting of a customer's of mine who got an E1-531 unlocked acer bios, and now black screen, I tried lot of times to restore the bios from usb but doesnt work ti keeps rebooting after 1 second and never reach the post screen, please someone can help me? I'm desperatly I will do donation to the one who can help me please.
find
(10-15-2014, 08:19 AM)vampirexx Wrote: I have the same problem of mahmuodm18, I changed a vram to 1gb setting of a customer's of mine who got an E1-531 unlocked acer bios, and now black screen, I tried lot of times to restore the bios from usb but doesnt work ti keeps rebooting after 1 second and never reach the post screen, please someone can help me? I'm desperatly I will do donation to the one who can help me please.

Refer to thread ro reply.
Which Bios Version You have installed ?
If Recovery Bios File don't work You have to think about an SPI PGM HW !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Thank you for your answer BDMaster!
I flashed tons of firmware the first I flashed one of compatible unlocked bios from your that I found in another thread and it worked fine. Then I changed the vram up to 1GB, but the current setting is 64MB so now I have the black screen of death. do you think if I update the ram up to 8gb maybe the vram setting could work to display internal screen and post? Since intel chip video is sharing the current ram of the notebook if I upgrade to 8 gb instead of 4gb maybe it should work?

In case I need the spi programmer is it something I can buy myself and perform to restore the notebook? I never tried but there is a tutorial that explain step by step what to do? And is there some usb tool to do the trick without open up allt he notebook and torn it apart?

Thanx in adavnce for support

Anyway when I startup the notebook in crysis mode FN + ESC I hear the fan spinning fast so maybe it is entering crysis mode but even if I flash the bios by usb pendrive it doesnt dispaly anything on reboot
find
(09-20-2014, 02:34 PM)caff3in3 Wrote: Hey all,

Sorry if i am posting in the incorrect forum but I would like some assistance.

I recently picked up an Acer E1-531 laptop which suffers from the black screen of death.

I have been doing a lot of digging and feel like I am very close to getting this fixed but need a bit of a push.

Background:
The system would only turn on for a few seconds (no fan, no HDD activity) and then off and just repeat this cycle.

I did some digging and located the steps to update the bios using crisis recovery.

When I remove the battery and power cable, hold FN-ESC, plug the power in, and turn it on the fan(s) will turn on and it will remain this way indefinitely.

I have downloaded the latest bios update from Acer and put the .fd file (Q5WV1X64.fd) on a USB drive formatted FAT and gone through the listed above but it does not seem to be updating the bios.

I have read in a few spots that the file name has to be exact and ended up using PhoenixTool.exe to determine the correct file name based on the .fd file. The tool spit out "Q5WV1X64.f?" as the appropriate file name. I can't use a ? in a file name and assumed that I should use .fd - no luck.

So, this leads me to my questions:

1. Has anyone used crisis recovery for an Acer E1-531? If so, can you confirm if Q5WV1X64.fd is the correct file name to use?
2. Does the fact that the file extension is f? instead of fd mean that there was an issue with phoenixtool?
3. Can someone confirm if these are the correct steps for my system to update bios using crisis recovery:

a. Download the latest bios and locate the .fd file.
b. Use phoenixtool.exe to determine what the .fd file should be renamed to.
c. Format a USB thumb drive to FAT (not FAT32 or NTFS) file system
d. Move the .fd file (and only the .fd file) to the USB thumb drive.
e. Remove the battery and power cable from the system
f. Insert the USB thumb drive into the laptop
g. Hold FN and ESC - plug the power cable in - press power - release FN, ESC, power when the fans turn on.
h. Wait to determine if the update takes.

I feel like i am very close to getting this done and am missing a small step or need to change the file name to something different.

I appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Chris

Probably too late for Chris now! But I thought I'd post here just in case some other soul is searching for information.

I'd been repairing an Acer E1-531 to repair a broken hinge and took it apart. I found that the hinge screws had broken away in an impact.  I found that I could order a new base for the laptop. That way, I could replace the base and then the hinge would have something to [censored] into again.

But I left the laptop in parts whilst waiting for the replacement to arrive.

Upon putting it back together I experienced the black screen of death. It would seem that without power of some sort, the laptop would need to be 'hard reset' and it took me 4 hours of searching to find an article that would help. It was an ifixit article for a different E1 model but it worked for me:

Hold down the power button for 10 seconds and attempt to restart the computer. If this does not work, remove the battery and unplug the laptop. Wait 10 seconds then reconnect parts and try to turn it back on.

If it works for you, you won't need to flash the BIOS. It would have been difficult to do as the only BIOS available for this model requires Windows to be running.
find
Hi sir.
I have the same problem with an ACER Nitro 5 and the bios. 
Do you think it could help to get the .fn file ?
find