Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
Today 07:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 396
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 07:24 AM
» Replies: 2321
» Views: 657812
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
Today 03:23 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 22082
[REQUEST] - ACER ASPIRE 2012 BIOS with U...
Last Post: Aspire
Today 03:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 36
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
Yesterday 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22822
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad SL400 & SL500 ...
Last Post: ivan333bor
Yesterday 04:54 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6801
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Yesterday 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2855
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 208
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
04-18-2024 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26150
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Views: 158
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 142
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6246
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220205
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 215
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 212
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98924
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24172
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324952
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1101

Asus ROG GL502VS Unlock Request
(07-15-2019, 08:25 PM)okokokok Wrote: Bios 306 not working for me, do you have 302?
or can you tell me how to upgrade to 306 i am failing to get it booting even on stock 306.
Hello,

There should not be any bios region size mismatch or any errors while flashing. Have you tried pressing F2 to get into the bios? It would be nice to have some laptop start up screens or video (preferred). 

I hope your laptop is based on a Skylake CPU?
p.s: you have disabled PMs so I was unable to reply to your PM.

What if ...
find
Hi all, I hope its not inappropriate to jump in here but I have an issue with my GL502VS-DS71 BIOS and laptop. 

The laptop did some sort of auto update and crashed now it wont POST, I get a red caps lock light and power light and that is it. My computer skills are basic to moderate.

Basically its seems it is goosed and I have no BIOS backup or what I do have is no good. I have been sent a replacement chip for the laptop from an ebay seller but instead of using it I bought a CH341A USB flash device and chip clip and asked him for the BIN file as well.

Unfortunately this doesn't fix my issue although the chip seems to flash OK. I think need a new flash file but having a look through this thread it seems I may be out my depth because all the laptop specific info on the chip may be lost now and I travel for work in a day or two and I think I will not have my laptop fixed by then and I could do with having it.

I think the file he sent me may not quite work with my laptop.

Is there anything I can do apart from sending the laptop to ASUS? does anyone have a file I can use at all or will this not work?

I have attached what may be my old BIOS file but honestly I am unsure now. I didn't do a good job initially when trying to fix the issue so that's my Bad.

Many Thanks for any help.

Dougie
find
Please send me images from all stickers inside your laptop, inside back casing, on the board itself, and on the rear of the back casing too. Also, be sure to look on, around, and underneath the memory, often there is a sticker there too. Put all this in a zip please. Also, include this "BIN" file the seller gave you, so I can check and see if it should be booting your laptop or not.

And yes, also include anything you think is your original dumped BIOS, hopefully you made some dumps from the chip before you erased and then wrote to it.

This is Microsoft's fault I bet, sending out BIOS updates via windows updates, been seeing this more and more recently!
find
(07-20-2019, 07:19 AM)niro750 Wrote:
Hi all, I hope its not inappropriate to jump in here but I have an issue with my GL502VS-DS71 BIOS and laptop. 

The laptop did some sort of auto update and crashed now it wont POST, I get a red caps lock light and power light and that is it. My computer skills are basic to moderate.

Basically its seems it is goosed and I have no BIOS backup or what I do have is no good. I have been sent a replacement chip for the laptop from an ebay seller but instead of using it I bought a CH341A USB flash device and chip clip and asked him for the BIN file as well.

Unfortunately this doesn't fix my issue although the chip seems to flash OK. I think need a new flash file but having a look through this thread it seems I may be out my depth because all the laptop specific info on the chip may be lost now and I travel for work in a day or two and I think I will not have my laptop fixed by then and I could do with having it.

Is there anything I can do apart from sending the laptop to ASUS? does anyone have a file I can use at all or will this not work?

I have attached what may be my old BIOS file but honestly I am unsure now. I didn't do a good job initially when trying to fix the issue so that's my Bad.

Dougie

Not sure if you found a way to fix it yet, but I created an account to post the solution anyways.

Download the 302 bios and rename it GL502VS.bin. Place the file into a USB formatted FAT32. Shut down the laptop, plug in the USB and hold Ctrl+Home while booting it up. The laptop should find the file in the USB and reflash it.
find
(07-24-2019, 01:56 PM)Roddydesu Wrote:

Dougie

Not sure if you found a way to fix it yet, but I created an account to post the solution anyways.

Download the 302 bios and rename it GL502VS.bin. Place the file into a USB formatted FAT32. Shut down the laptop, plug in the USB and hold Ctrl+Home while booting it up. The laptop should find the file in the USB and reflash it.

if this is because of .306 bios,
just unplug the SSD from SATA...
I was at that point.
M2 works fine..
find
had the modified .306 working without the SSD.
It looks really nice to see so much the modify in the bios.
But do you have a configuration/manual/values for undervolting?

the problem is my CPU is getting really hot, without Intels Boost its ok.
but with that + XTU, Afterburner i dont get really good results and have lags and stuttering in games.
even worse after setting XTU to lower voltage at some point it was too low and the laptop even didnt boot something must have changed in the bios and i had to recover/clean bios with usb method.
i am on stock for now.

I also have 2 New DDR4 Rams in it which are higher than the "supported" freq something problematic there?
(Case is modified with nice cutouts everywhere, new thermal paste, some small heatsinks with thermalglue,new Intel wifi adapter "AX200", with/out battery just cable.... nothing helped.)
(planing to put a low profile fan with dust filter to the lower case, thats how desperate i am atm.)

It would be really nice if someone could explain me how to set up the bios & system for lower temps exactly for the GL502VS (1070m i7-6700HQ).
find
Thanks for the suggestions guys
find
(07-25-2019, 11:50 PM)okokokok Wrote: had the modified .306 working without the SSD.
It looks really nice to see so much the modify in the bios.
But do you have a configuration/manual/values for undervolting?

the problem is my CPU is getting really hot, without Intels Boost its ok.
but with that + XTU, Afterburner i dont get really good results and have lags and stuttering in games.
even worse after setting XTU to lower voltage at some point it was too low and the laptop even didnt boot something must have changed in the bios and i had to recover/clean bios with usb method.
i am on stock for now.

I also have 2 New DDR4 Rams in it which are higher than the "supported" freq something problematic there?
(Case is modified with nice cutouts everywhere, new thermal paste, some small heatsinks with thermalglue,new Intel wifi adapter "AX200", with/out battery just cable.... nothing helped.)
(planing to put a low profile fan with dust filter to the lower case, thats how desperate i am atm.)

It would be really nice if someone could explain me how to set up the bios & system for lower temps exactly for the GL502VS (1070m i7-6700HQ).

Hi there,

Unfortunately, there is no way to over/under volt CPU VID in the BIOS itself. Modded BIOS allows you to use Intel XTU software to deal with CPU voltages. Mine CPU is currently nicely undervolted by -0.200mV. No throttling at all no matter what (with TurboBoost), rock stable, increased battery lifetime. You can experiment with voltages to get lowest possible negative offset. Same goes for OC. There is no way to OC our CPU in the BIOS only XTU =/ 

As per SATA devices, it seems you had (somehow) changed boot disk order and BIOS tried to boot from the disk without proper MBR record. That's why unplugging it helped you. Format your SATA device (because it seems it has a bootable flag is set) and plug it in ... and everything will work. I had removed all of my SATA3 devices from the laptop and inserted an M.2 Samsung 970 Pro.

As per RAM, I can't say anything, but be sure it is not a ECC one. I believe any ram should work, but maybe I'm wrong. Have no additional RAM to test.

What if ...
find

Dougie
Hello.

Well, what if you wait a bit after flashing your BIOS? I had the same thing after flashing new BIOS. It seems the system initializes itself this way after flashing. Keyboard has lits on. Caps Lock key is turned on and CPU coolers are trying to get off land. Nothing on the screen. I did few times turn off -> turn on with 30sec pause between and laptop booted. I don't know what was that. Maybe this is your case too.

What if ...
find
``
-
Hi there,

Unfortu
nately, there is no way to over/under volt CPU VID in the BIOS itself. Modded BIOS allows you to use Intel XTU software to deal with CPU voltages. Mine CPU is currently nicely undervolted by -0.200mV. No throttling at all no matter what (with TurboBoost), rock stable, increased battery lifetime. You can experiment with voltages to get lowest possible negative offset. Same goes for OC. There is no way to OC our CPU in the BIOS only XTU =/ 

As per SATA devices, it seems you had (somehow) changed boot disk order and BIOS tried to boot from the disk without proper MBR record. That's why unplugging it helped you. Format your SATA device (because it seems it has a bootable flag is set) and plug it in ... and everything will work. I had removed all of my SATA3 devices from the laptop and inserted an M.2 Samsung 970 Pro.

As per RAM, I can't say anything, but be sure it is not a ECC one. I believe any ram should work, but maybe I'm wrong. Have no additional RAM to test.

---

Yes, i had it like that in XTU before crashing it, for some mysterious reasons it corrupted files, tried everything but i had to reflash bios then repair my os.

i still not tried the 309 bios with sata ssd till now, I was angry at how simple the repair was. i already had 500gb m2 installed as OS just had to unplug ssd.
Tthen i switched to 1tb m2, so thats it for a month, wasted enough time fixing things in boot/drive settings.

the rams are fine never had something bc of them (not ECC), they are over volted to 1.2 by default which is normal i think,not at 1.3 or higher so it has to be stock/locked, but maybe they are at higher temps because of the higher freq & slower timings??

Is it possible to change the bios file to offset values for temp sensors up & change max temp of safety shut down that same higher... should result in lower targeted temps & not causing the system to shut down too early??

but before i forget to say, thank you for the answers and bios  Smile
find