Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 294
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40945
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64121
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167077
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125399
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317024
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Asus ROG GL502VS Unlock Request
(12-02-2018, 08:45 PM)RealGM Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 11:23 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, no dice there Sad  All incomplete and extremely limited for the ones that did give a few settings

Please test these BIOS, flash via FPT, do you see two advanced now with either
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...3688533407

FPTw.exe -BIOS -f biosregdumpM2.bin

FPTw.exe -BIOS -f biosregdumpM3.bin

If not, I'm sorry but I might not be able to get this sorted out for you Sad
I can however, help you to change any setting you find in this file, without modifications to the BIOS / no flashing required
Settings are in order that you see shown in AMIBCP usually, if it helps you scroll/look around Big Grin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9044363675

I took a risk and try it on my own GL502VSK. I think you are on to something because a "Graphics Configuration" suddenly popped up and and selectable option "DVMT Pre-Allocated" appears. Although only this option is new from your .bin. 

However, this option is not useful for our laptop as Intel Graphics is disabled on our laptop in favor of G-Sync. 

Anyways, thanks for your attempt. At least now I learn how to use grub to change some settings.
how u flash bios ?
find
Instructions (Command to flash) are right there in the quote, with Intel FPT
find
(12-03-2018, 04:12 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Instructions (Command to flash) are right there in the quote, with Intel FPT

I just thought that he used a different method, because I have everything intact.
find
(12-03-2018, 01:33 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Yes, I only enabled a few things at the very root level, to see which if any new main sections would appear (Like chipset, second Advanced etc).

Which section is graphics configuration located in for you now?  Sorry, don't have time to dig up BIOS folder and check, so thought I'd ask you instead since that's quicker for me right now Big Grin

Hi There, it was shown under "Advanced". 

And yeah, I flashed it with the described method. 

I was planning to [censored] around with a flash programmer and SOIC8 clip but somehow the pins don't match up with my clip. 
find
Is that a new advanced section, or same old one? That BIOS was meant only as a quick test, that failed (at chipset and second advanced section) The graphics configuration was the only hidden setting in the stock advanced section that was already visible, that's why you nly see that one. I also tried to enable second advanced and 10+ subsections within that, but since the root menu itself didn't appear for you I can't do anything more on this BIOS mod Sad

Did you try M3, or only M2? If you want, and both are fails, reflash stock BIOS again and then send me a dump, and I will just enable that graphics subsection for you, that way it's the only modification to the BIOS and there's not a bunch of failed edits in there.

Or, also, I have one more method I can try, to enable second advanced and chipset. Does anyone want to test?
find
(12-03-2018, 10:51 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Is that a new advanced section, or same old one?  That BIOS was meant only as a quick test, that failed (at chipset and second advanced section)  The graphics configuration was the only hidden setting in the stock advanced section that was already visible, that's why you nly see that one.  I also tried to enable second advanced and 10+ subsections within that, but since the root menu itself didn't appear for you I can't do anything more on this BIOS mod Sad

Did you try M3, or only M2?  If you want, and both are fails, reflash stock BIOS again and then send me a dump, and I will just enable that graphics subsection for you, that way it's the only modification to the BIOS and there's not a bunch of failed edits in there.

Or, also, I have one more method I can try, to enable second advanced and chipset.  Does anyone want to test?

i want
find
(12-03-2018, 10:51 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Is that a new advanced section, or same old one?  That BIOS was meant only as a quick test, that failed (at chipset and second advanced section)  The graphics configuration was the only hidden setting in the stock advanced section that was already visible, that's why you nly see that one.  I also tried to enable second advanced and 10+ subsections within that, but since the root menu itself didn't appear for you I can't do anything more on this BIOS mod Sad

Did you try M3, or only M2?  If you want, and both are fails, reflash stock BIOS again and then send me a dump, and I will just enable that graphics subsection for you, that way it's the only modification to the BIOS and there's not a bunch of failed edits in there.

Or, also, I have one more method I can try, to enable second advanced and chipset.  Does anyone want to test?

Hi There, 

Yeah. I've tried both versions and gave me the same results with the Graphics option. Btw, the bios on this laptop looks like this (Note that the GL502VSK has much less options than the link shows)

https://techinstyle.asus.com/how-to-boot...indows-10/

It has all these fancy graphics. So maybe that's why it is difficult to unlock the "2nd advanced menu"
find
The general "Structure" of the BIOS is the problem, how the layout tree is done in many Asus vs others is the issue, they put all options inside one setup entry instead of each being it's own entry (hard to explain) but yes I know the reason. F7 BIOS is still the same, this is what we try to unlock, sometimes even though structure is all on one entry we can change, other times many cannot unlock. Someone out there knows how to edit when BIOS is this way, I don't know how yet for all Asus BIOS Sad

Usually a second advanced, or other duplicate entries (Security, boot, save and exit) are all easy, then you only have to disable the one you don't want once both enabled. Generally only the chipset one is a pain in the rear to enable, it's not often that these others wont enable easily.
find
(12-04-2018, 12:00 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: The general "Structure" of the BIOS is the problem, how the layout tree is done in many Asus vs others is the issue, they put all options inside one setup entry instead of each being it's own entry (hard to explain) but yes I know the reason.  F7 BIOS is still the same, this is what we try to unlock, sometimes even though structure is all on one entry we can change, other times many cannot unlock.  Someone out there knows how to edit when BIOS is this way, I don't know how yet for all Asus BIOS Sad

Usually a second advanced, or other duplicate entries (Security, boot, save and exit) are all easy, then you only have to disable the one you don't want once both enabled.  Generally only the chipset one is a pain in the rear to enable, it's not often that these others wont enable easily.

Really appreciate the effort though. I probably just leave it as is and change the settings through GRUB. I find this laptop to be incompatible with the latest version of windows.. I get BSOD a lot. Which is a real shame with the money that I've put in it. 

Maybe once I get good contacts on the bios with my Flash programmer, I'll be more adventurous. Right now I'm kind of content with disabling Turbo Boost as overheating was one of the many reasons of Blue Screen.
find
(12-04-2018, 09:25 PM)RealGM Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 12:00 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: The general "Structure" of the BIOS is the problem, how the layout tree is done in many Asus vs others is the issue, they put all options inside one setup entry instead of each being it's own entry (hard to explain) but yes I know the reason.  F7 BIOS is still the same, this is what we try to unlock, sometimes even though structure is all on one entry we can change, other times many cannot unlock.  Someone out there knows how to edit when BIOS is this way, I don't know how yet for all Asus BIOS Sad

Usually a second advanced, or other duplicate entries (Security, boot, save and exit) are all easy, then you only have to disable the one you don't want once both enabled.  Generally only the chipset one is a pain in the rear to enable, it's not often that these others wont enable easily.

Really appreciate the effort though. I probably just leave it as is and change the settings through GRUB. I find this laptop to be incompatible with the latest version of windows.. I get BSOD a lot. Which is a real shame with the money that I've put in it. 

Maybe once I get good contacts on the bios with my Flash programmer, I'll be more adventurous. Right now I'm kind of content with disabling Turbo Boost as overheating was one of the many reasons of Blue Screen.

I also had frequent bsods, and they disappeared when I changed ssd to KFA2 gamer 240gb
find