Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55271
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40923
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64112
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6552
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2500
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 133
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 78
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52151
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167031
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 320
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 114
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6325
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125383
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 316974
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] Lenovo G780 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-25-2024 08:36 AM
» Replies: 877
» Views: 280980

Asus GL702VM BIOS rescue
(07-03-2019, 12:04 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Give me some images of the BIOS Chips if you are not sure, or give me all their ID's

Never mind, yes, this is proper BIOS dump, and only chip for the main BIOS.  Any other may contain EC FW but that shouldn't have been messed up during this issue happening.  This BIOS however is corrupt too much for me to check a few things I needed to see (Not due to your dump, due to what happened)  So before I do anything, I need to know your exact model VM or VMK etc, or you can link me to your exact BIOS download page that you know you've used previously.

the model is GL702VM, heres the bios download page link
im glad i picked the right chip
but i didnt realize it was that corrupt :c not surprised tho
find
Thanks, I thought so and already had that BIOS, just paused to confirm Big Grin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...6450963392
find
(07-03-2019, 01:15 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, I thought so and already had that BIOS, just paused to confirm Big Grin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...6450963392

It worked!!!! i cant thank you enough !
after nearly a month its booted and im looking at my desktop right now !
i need to find how to disable the uh bios update from windows but thank you so so so much! i hope u have a great day/night ! Big Grin
find
Sweet bud, thanks for quick report back and I'm happy to have helped you revive your system again!! Big Grin

You're very welcome! In some thread, if you want me to find I can try, anyway in some thread here not long ago we ran into this and it caused a recovery/fix case too (I think), and after that user was able to reflash the same old BIOS again and windows updates them didn't push new BIOS to him. I am not sure if it was maybe how he flashed that time vs the previous, or maybe possibly due to windows update already registered that specific BIOS update as installed even though it could scan the now old BIOS version still. I'm not certain what happened, but I think he was able to not let windows reapply the BIOS again, at least for that BIOS round. Let me know if you want me to hunt it down.

I highly suggest you make a few threads about how to stop this on the Microsoft forums
This guy, and the guys in the two threads linked at post #2 will probably join you in protest if you send them all PM here and let them know you made a thread at Microsoft's forum
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-B...2VM-DM261T

Even though it may not help next time around, if you see this happening again, let it finish the update. Sometimes it's going to brick anyway, just because windows updates shouldn't be installing a BIOS, and sometimes stock BIOS simply can brick too, but at least there is a chance it will be OK if you let it finish. Virus would never look anything like that process, at least not anything currently out there that I've seen/heard about.
find
(07-03-2019, 11:43 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Sweet bud, thanks for quick report back and I'm happy to have helped you revive your system again!! Big Grin

You're very welcome!  In some thread, if you want me to find I can try, anyway in some thread here not long ago we ran into this and it caused a recovery/fix case too (I think), and after that user was able to reflash the same old BIOS again and windows updates them didn't push new BIOS to him.  I am not sure if it was maybe how he flashed that time vs the previous, or maybe possibly due to windows update already registered that specific BIOS update as installed even though it could scan the now old BIOS version still.  I'm not certain what happened, but I think he was able to not let windows reapply the BIOS again, at least for that BIOS round.  Let me know if you want me to hunt it down.

I highly suggest you make a few threads about how to stop this on the Microsoft forums
This guy, and the guys in the two threads linked at post #2 will probably join you in protest if you send them all PM here and let them know you made a thread at Microsoft's forum
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-B...2VM-DM261T

Even though it may not help next time around, if you see this happening again, let it finish the update. Sometimes it's going to brick anyway, just because windows updates shouldn't be installing a BIOS, and sometimes stock BIOS simply can brick too, but at least there is a chance it will be OK if you let it finish.  Virus would never look anything like that process, at least not anything currently out there that I've seen/heard about.

i let the laptop update the bios and i let it do its thing and its doing ok! ik ppl on asus forums talked abt it but i cant bother myself to dig to find them as of right now but u dont have to look for it for me tho!
i would like to post on the asus forums but thats a nightmare of a site :C it doesnt work at all, i will try to make some threads about this, i did first post to reddit about this so i might make an updated thread there
but i will keep in mind next time to let updates happen and to not interrupt them but thanks again!
find
So you mean Windows updates reflashed new BIOS again? I know what you mean about the Asus site, I've posted there a few times and never got replies too, so seems not too active for help either.

I meant to scream about Windows Updates pushing BIOS Updates = Terrible idea - on the Microsoft forums, maybe eventually with enough complaints and threats of lawsuits for bricked systems they'll stop it but I doubt it.
find
Hi People,

Cudos! This thread has already been immensely helpful. Short story is that I basically messed up pretty much like Fuitgummie, wrecking a windows update distributed firmware upgrade. It seems to be pretty much the exact same machine in question (ASUS GL702VM-BA231T).

Bought the CH341A programmer and in-system clip, read the linked user guide, located the three respective flash chips, identified the 25Q64FVSIO chip, managed to save a verified dump containing sensible and non-empty data.

I even brought in a replacement pre-programmed chip as a backup solution. All good so far.

Read the replacement chip firmware (verified) and flashed it into the in-system chip (verifed). This did unfortunately not produce the intended result. Fans start up at full power, but no screen activity at all, neither screen or external.

Given the aldready demonstrated expertise here, I'm asking for a few suggestions on how to continue with the troubleshooting.

My laptop have three flash chips:
25Q64FVSIO (main BIOS flash?, can create dump and verify against chip)
25Q80DVSIG (located physically close to the above, can create dump but not verify against chip)
25Q80EWNIG (can create dump and verify against chip)

Any ideas? I sorely miss my laptop.

Cheers!
find