Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71383
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6601
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22074
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41013
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317255
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101107
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 342
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55344
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64140
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4105
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 152
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52234
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167333
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 243
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 150
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 134

[REQUEST] Asus K52F & A52F BIOS Unlock
I'm looking to enable overclocking in the AUS K52F bios, if it is possible. I believe it is one of their newer bios'. I have a Core i3. I greatly appreciate the assitance.

The file extension on the bios file was originally .214. I altered it to upload it on the forum. It is an AMI Aptio bios.

Thanks again!

Attached Files
.rom   K52FAS.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 79)
find
Sorry but we dont have access to the unlocking tools for Aptio type bioses yet Sad

Admin
find
I've made it a small project of mine to push this laptop to it limits since it was quite upgradable. Receiving some 8gb mem sticks and working on a cpu upgrade better than my Core i5 or Pentium P6100. Did a bunch of changes within my Win 7's settings, disabled most services and a bunch of other things to see how fast this guy can really be.

Now the last thing I need is an unlocked BIOS. Any possible improvements I can get from one would be great. Even if it's just basic settings.
I've done some looking and cant seem to find anything for unlocking a K52F's BIOS. And attempting an update with the BIOS's "Easy Flash" with a similar unlock (since the BIOS of that system was identical) came up with an incorrect model number and refused the unlock.

If there already exists an unlock, please refer me to it. Thanks
find
Link to your BIOS download from Asus, very confusing your post so I need a link and please show CPU-z motherboard tab image too. I say it's confusing because you want unlocked BIOS for K52F, but say you tried to flash a K52F BIOS but could not (meaning your board is not K52F, unless you meant you were trying to flash a modified BIOS via EZ Flash, which is not possible)
find
Information 
(02-22-2019, 05:39 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Link to your BIOS download from Asus, very confusing your post so I need a link and please show CPU-z motherboard tab image too.  I say it's confusing because you want unlocked BIOS for K52F, but say you tried to flash a K52F BIOS but could not (meaning your board is not K52F, unless you meant you were trying to flash a modified BIOS via EZ Flash, which is not possible)

Sorry about that. Here's what I got.
Downloads for the K52F.

[Image: 5Q4mmVF.png]
[Image: sCJqlr8.png]

Oh and what I meant about flashing the BIOS, I used a flash for another systems BIOS. Since they were technically the same. Probably not smart to do but I was willing to risk it.

After a bit more looking I still have not turned up with an unlock for the BIOS.
find
Thanks, and adding to the confusion again, what's this mean exactly >> I used a flash for another systems BIOS

Is your system K52F, or not, look on the bottom of the case? It doesn't matter now, since you can flash in K52F now, but the above makes it sound like you had maybe K52E or K52G and you flashed in K52F anyway (Made up model name examples)

I think I can unlock this for you, in case I need it, can you please add a single image of all your main BIOS pages (Like main, advanced, security, boot, save and exit). Just one of each, no need to scroll to show everything, and please put them all in a zip file.

IN your search for unlocked BIOS for this model, did you find a flash method for mod BIOS for similar models? Usually you cannot flash mod BIOS via EZ Flash, so you have to use some version of AFU or FPT etc.

Speaking of FPT, I do see ME drivers on your download page, can you check BIOS main page and see if you see ME FW version shown. If not, please download HWINFO64 and check in the large window on the left side, expand motherboard section and look for ME section and inside it find ME Firmware version (If it's there). I know these older systems use ME, but I can't remember if there was FW in the BIOS or not. If you cannot find, lets try this anyway, download this V6 ME System Tools package
https://mega.nz/#!rVt3jJCC!-l2IP-MnuK993...z78XBCXfwU

Inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows folder. Select the windows folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell) and then run the following two commands and zip and upload the created files for me to check
FPTw.exe -bios -d bios.bin
FPTw.exe -desc -d fd.bin
find
(02-23-2019, 12:42 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Thanks, and adding to the confusion again, what's this mean exactly >> I used a flash for another systems BIOS

Is your system K52F, or not, look on the bottom of the case?  It doesn't matter now, since you can flash in K52F now, but the above makes it sound like you had maybe K52E or K52G and you flashed in K52F anyway (Made up model name examples)

I think I can unlock this for you, in case I need it, can you please add a single image of all your main BIOS pages (Like main, advanced, security, boot, save and exit).  Just one of each, no need to scroll to show everything, and please put them all in a zip file.  

IN your search for unlocked BIOS for this model, did you find a flash method for mod BIOS for similar models?  Usually you cannot flash mod BIOS via EZ Flash, so you have to use some version of AFU or FPT etc.

Yes. My system is a K52F. The flash I used was for another K52* system. (Since the BIOS was identical) I assume one other reason it might have been a flop is that its a .214 and not a .218 although I have no idea about any deep BIOS stuff.

In my search for a mod for this BIOS, I found nothing. I looked all over and everything was either just "how to remove BIOS password" or mods for other K52* systems. I'll add the BIOS I tried to use with the reply.

For the imaging? I have no idea how to do that. Most of my laptop/computer knowledge is external or Windows stuff. Not sure how to do any imaging.

I'll see what I can do for the rest of this and reply back. Going to possibly be busy for awhile so I don't know when I'll reply. Anyways thanks for the help.
find
.214/etc is just the BIOS version (all are .bin files). So I still don't get what you actually did/flashed?

Images, you mean what I asked about for the BIOS? if so, first you can try BIOS screenshot to USB, put in USB and enter BIOS and press F12, if it doesn't ask you for name or where to save, then no screenshot this way. If you can't use F12 to take BIOS screenshots, use a camera, then zip the images in a folder for me.

No rush from my end, whenever you get around to all that I asked we can do this. I can unlock this BIOS, unsure why you haven't found one already unlocked, but I didn't look around for any, but since it's an easy unlock I would be surprised if there's none out there.
find
I realise that this is an old thread, so I first wish to apologise if bumping such an old thread is not allowed or frowned upon.

I have an Asus X52F laptop and the sticker on the back of it shows that the motherboard version is K52F (MB Ver: K52F, ID: 1A).

I wish to unlock the BIOS so that I possibly have more options in the BIOS and so that I can use another Wi-Fi card which supports 5G.

The machine is currently running BIOS version 218.

BIOS download page: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/X52F/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Direct link to BIOS download: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/K5...FAS218.zip
Alternative download link: https://file.io/9ZFVqUIt5Hpm
find
Hey, hey, hey. I also have been looking around for an unlocked bios for the K52f. I'm looking for any sort of performance increase I can get before I give this laptop to a friend. I have parts on the way so that's no issue there. But I AM looking for an unlocked BIOS.

The version is:
K52f 218
1930.I11k52.007
202c180001

I will update this with some images of the BIOS as an above user asked. Also the links from abjibi work for the BIOS link.

Here's the K52f link: https://www.asus.com/us/SupportOnly/K52F..._Download/

(You have to click Win. 7 and scroll down.)

Thank you bunches for anyone that can help.

Here's some Images of the BIOS:

find