Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MSI MS-9130 K8T Master2-FAR v1.40 Dual Core Support
I want to thank you guys for the info you have all put here. I have this board and I'm wondering if I can get some help. I messed up and ordered a couple new dual-core processors. No matter what I do, my OS (XP, 7, and Linux) all only see one core, not even 2 like before. Did I get something too new? Is there anything I can do?

I did upgrade my BIOS using the firmware 1.4 provided. It actually worked, the one right from MSI didn't.

The old processors (single cores) were. OSA840CEP5AV
The new ones are (dual core). OST280FAA6CB

If there is nothing I can do with these new procs, what model numbers are recommended to work with the board?

Thank you all. I look forward to a reply!
find
Hello guys!

BIOS works! I used a single-core processor to power the system. I flashed the bios of this new custom. I started my single core. All is well.

Do not turn off the system and install a pair of dual-core Opty 275's. Off, and it worked. I installed Windows 7 and it was all a wonderful world!

Then the power supply broke!

find
I want to start by saying thank you to Fastvan67. I really appreciate your help.

To make a long story short I attempted to do a newer update than what was available through MSI's website. It failed. I ordered a replacement BIOS on ebay. Everything seemed to work just fine. I started having issues again. I sent an e-mail to MSI and they told me to downgrade my BIOS to a version that I know worked. Well guess what? It's dead again. I'm pretty much done with this board. I can't justify spending more money trying to fix it.

As far as I'm concerned the board (for me) is a loss. Luckily I didn't pay for it. It was given to me by a good friend who is rather disappointed in me for breaking it. MSI suggested that the problem was caused by me putting in procs that were not "approved". Perhaps they were correct.

I don't remember all the details on exactly when I started having problems. So it's hard for me to say. Next time I will spend more time researching the product before I mess with it.

Thanks again for the help.
find