Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Unlock HP Revolve 810 G2 BIOS Unlock
Hi,
I need to unlock Bios for HP Elite Book Revolve 810 G2.

Chip Inside is : W25Q128FV

I have read and attached to Bios Bin file here

Attached Files
.zip   W25Q128FV.zip (Size: 8.87 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
If it's anything like HP 800 G2, then you cannot modify BIOS at all, due to HP "Sure start" protection. Even with a programmer, as soon as you start up system it will auto recover to stock BIOS. And yes, just checked in google, this system has it, so you can do nothing with the BIOS
find
(12-07-2018, 11:51 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: If it's anything like HP 800 G2, then you cannot modify BIOS at all, due to HP "Sure start" protection.  Even with a programmer, as soon as you start up system it will auto recover to stock BIOS.  And yes, just checked in google, this system has it, so you can do nothing with the BIOS

Thanks for your reply.

The main reason for unlocking bios, because I want to flash new windows from USB.

Its not allowing to boot from USB.
and when i go to bios settings, it is asking for password.

Any other solution for it ?

LITTLE MASTER
find
Did you try clearing CMOS, for extended time. Remove power plug from wall, remove CMOS battery, place pins on clear CMOS jumper if there is one, and then press and hold the power on button for 1+ minute. Then let sit overnight or at least 8hours or so, then put CMOS batter back, remove jumper if placed, plug in and start and try to enter BIOS.

I checked, and page 51 shows battery, it's under keyboard Sad
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04055028

So without being able to pull that easily, go ahead and try restart after 1+ minute power button hold mentioned above without CMOS battery pulled, waiting 8 hours wont help

If that does not work, there should be hot key shown on boot screen to get "Boot Menu", from there you should be able to choose USB. I think this may be "Startup Menu" press ESC at boot to view. If that's not it, then try F9 at boot. If system is Win10 (UEFI Boot/Secure Boot) enabled in BIOS, you will have to boot to GPT formatted USB

Can you show me image of the screen asking you for password.

Did you already try flashing the BIOS from DOS? This will allow you to make USB recovery flash setup
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91001-9...p91385.exe

I also just noticed, aside from Sure Start protection, this BIOS is RSA Signed, so even without Sure Start you could not modify.
You can try to write this stock BIOS with your programmer and see what happens, you may loose your system specific details though, but we can fix later probably since only some regions of the BIOS are protected. I put stock BIOS region inside the BIOS you attached, so original ME, GbE (LAN MAC ID Here), and FD are there + Stock BIOS region (1.43) from download linked above.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...2895767247

If anything, programming in the above BIOS may invoke Sure Start to re-write the BIOS again and clear that password for you. I fixed the CPU microcode FIT table, since this BIOS now has two less microcodes, and they broke the FIT table leaving only one properly addressed, so you'll know also know if no Sure Start Recovery then you can update all the CPU microcodes later if you want.
find
Thank You !
I will try that tomorrow and I will let you know
find
I made a big edit above while you replied, but I guess I took so long you already left. Hope you see that before you get started tomorrow!
find
thanks
find
Thanks for your help " Lost_N_BIOS "

The laptop Bios is unlocked now.

Actually I posted this in a Facebook Group called " Desktop Computer Motherboard Repair & Bios "

Admin from there has given me Unlocked Bin File.
I flashed that with SPI Programmer.
and
Bios is Unocked now.

I installed new windows. all is good.

I really appreciate your help.

Regards
Little_Master
find
Great you were able to get unlocked!

Did you try the BIOS I posted before that, or not? Just curious if the stock one I posted would have unlocked or not. If you didn't test that's OK. If you don't mind, would you PM me that BIOS you used to unlock the board, so if anyone with same board asks in the future I can send them a copy, thanks!
find