Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[REQUEST] Acer PT715-51 (Triton 700) insyde BIOS Unlock
(09-07-2018, 08:53 PM)TheBozz Wrote: Hi all,

Sorry to revive this thread, but I need help with this laptop's BIOS. Long story short: I want to dual-boot Windows and Linux but can't because of the forced SATA RAID mode. Nothing I've tried seems to be able to bypass this, and Acer haven't been helpful. I want to unlock the BIOS to have access to these settings.

So far, here's where I am at:
  1. UEFI dump using FPTW64 (it took me a while until I found a version that works in my system)
  2. Opened that with UBUTool, seems to be OK.
  3. UEFITool can't open it properly. Tried to use the extractor circulating on the internet, but it returns "Insyde BIOS image signature not found in input file".
I'm not sure where to go from here, I don't have any experience modding firmware. Any help (including links to tutorials or tools I could use to do this myself) is appreciated.
Hi
You need SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip
find
Hi friends,
Here is my bios dump. Can someone unlock advanced settings? I'd like to be able to disable RAID.
Cheers
find
(06-28-2019, 06:58 PM)tntpizza Wrote: Hi friends,
Here is my bios dump. Can someone unlock advanced settings? I'd like to be able to disable RAID.
Cheers
Hi
Your mod completed.
Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
Hi, I have the same problem and I dont know where to start.  I too have an ACER Triton 700 (PT715-51 model) and the BIOS is locked in RAID mode, so I can't install Linux on this notebook (the installer won't read the unallocated partitions).

There's a specifc model of the SPI programmer and SOIC8 adapter i have to buy? The store next to me have the 150mm and 200mm SOIC8.

Second, how I dump my BIOS so you'd be able modify it?

Can you help me? I already search too long for this :/

Tks
find
(10-10-2019, 03:19 PM)andrelinod Wrote: Hi, I have the same problem and I dont know where to start.  I too have an ACER Triton 700 (PT715-51 model) and the BIOS is locked in RAID mode, so I can't install Linux on this notebook (the installer won't read the unallocated partitions).

There's a specifc model of the SPI programmer and SOIC8 adapter i have to buy? The store next to me have the 150mm and 200mm SOIC8.

Second, how I dump my BIOS so you'd be able modify it?

Can you help me? I already search too long for this :/

Tks
Hi
enough CH341A SPI-programmer
Check your PM
find