Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[REQUEST] HP Envy x360 15-bp194cl BIOS Unlock
Model: HP Envy x360 15-bp194cl (i7-8550u, NVIDIA GeForce MX150)
BIOS https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100501-...100953.exe (Insyde, F.46)

EDIT: BIOS doesn't seem to be RSA signed as tool doesn't say "Decrypted" anywhere.

In this BIOS mod, I'd like to gain control of more advanced features like SpeedStep control and changing TDP power limit windows. In order for Andy's Phoenix Flash tool to be able to read the file, you need to extract the InsydeFlash tool and then run it, telling it to copy to a folder. I've attached a zip file in case the tool won't extract it on mismatching computer models.

.zip   dump.zip (Size: 10.45 MB / Downloads: 0)

The screenshots are in a separate zip as I was getting an error that the individual image files were too big to upload. I didn't include the Main bios tab as the only config options are date/time and it included some more personal information like serial number, asset number, and others that I feel are confidential. If needed I can attach it with some of the fields covered up.

.zip   screenshots.zip (Size: 5.91 MB / Downloads: 0)

Thank you in advance! I am aware of the brick risk of flashing a custom BIOS and I am familiar and have tested the BIOS Recovery feature that HP includes (Win + B on startup).
find