Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 42
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Today 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 221
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Today 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2819
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Today 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 21999
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26124
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 129
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 116
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6215
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220092
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 194
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Views: 181
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98760
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24110
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324656
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1058
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 342
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 167
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542606
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 272

[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) BIOS Unlock
Hi Guys,

i bought this Laptop because of Gaming and DJ stuff because of its price and performance.
My Problem is, that my DJ Hardware / Software dont work properly. When i mix up some songs or search my library its stuttering.

The Supports said, i have to power off the Turbo Boost of Intel. My try to power off this with Intel Xtreme Utilty didn't work and in my Bios there is no Advanced Tab..i hope you could help me.

Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (80WK00XNGE)
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/newthread.php?fid=322

Link to my BIOS.

Thank you very much.
find
(01-11-2018, 10:51 AM)MindFck Wrote: Hi Guys,

i bought this Laptop because of Gaming and DJ stuff because of its price and performance.
My Problem is, that my DJ Hardware / Software dont work properly. When i mix up some songs or search my library its stuttering.

The Supports said, i have to power off the Turbo Boost of Intel. My try to power off this with Intel Xtreme Utilty didn't work and in my Bios there is no Advanced Tab..i hope you could help me.

Thank you very much.
Hi
ALL mods is personal
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Check your messages
find
In January this year my old laptop died and I decided to buy a new laptop. I went for LENOVO Y520-15IKBN Model 80WK00YARI. After I got it I checked the bios settings. It was version 4KCN28WW. I enabled backflash, Intel VT-x, and set System password as 18912, but I disabled it. After that I installed the OS (Win10) and checked if there was a new version of BIOS available. It was available version 4KCN40WW and i downloaded it. After that I decided to encrypt my HDD with Symantec Encryption Desktop v 10.4.1. During the encryption that estimted it woud take 2 or 3 days to finish I decided to update the BIOS to latest version. Did the update from Windows with the file downloaded from this link. Everything went ok and rebooted the laptop to finish HDD encryption. I also installed VMWare and wanted to create a new virtual machine when I got the error "This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.After that I wanted to enter BIOS setuo to enable Intel VT-x, but was prompted with "System password" request. Tried to enter 18912 but didn't work. I thought maybe is asking for HDD encryption password and tried that too, but also did not worked, so I skiped entering bios and booted OS normaly. Since the I tried to update the bios again since I found a new version 4KCN41WW and checked the flags to see if I can force flash a blank password by modifing variables in file platform.ini that was in the same folder where BIOS was ([ForceFlash] Password=1).BIOS update went OK, but I am still prompted to enter System Password when I try to enter BIOS Setup. I also managed to downgrade back to version 4KCN40WW with same ForceFlash variable, but the password remains.
I contacted the seller to see if they can help me, but they said this is not a warranty case. Also contacted LENOVO Support that said they can't reset or recover my password, but they can replace my laptop mainboard, but the price is too high and the laptop is working normaly.

I decided to try to find a solution. I found some replacement Main BIOS and EC chips on e-bay, but I know those chips have other identificatin details like MAC address, SN, UUID, GUID and other details.
I made a full dump of Main BIOS and EC chips with a SPI Programmer (CH341A), but I don't know how to extract my original details from BIOS dump and restore them to those new chips. For now I decided not to buy those chips. I want to find a way to extract my original details from BIOS dumps or to remove BIOS password from dump and reflash the dumps via SPI programmer with SIOC8 clip if it's possible without desoldering the chips.

So, I am asking for your help if you can remove the password or if you can extract the original details from BIOS dumps and I also would like to know if there is any way to enable Advanced settings in BIOS and remove the Whitelist for RAM and M.2 SSD and any other whitelist that may be there.

I have all the papers and receipts to prove I bought this laptop if there is any issues.

I will also make a resonable donation if I get any help.

Link to Model

link to current BIOS version

Attached Files
.zip   _Dump and RWEverything report.zip (Size: 5.48 MB / Downloads: 45)
find
(02-05-2018, 01:05 PM)sk0rpion33 Wrote: In January this year my old laptop died and I decided to buy a new laptop. I went for LENOVO Y520-15IKBN Model 80WK00YARI. After I got it I checked the bios settings. It was version 4KCN28WW. I enabled backflash, Intel VT-x, and set System password as 18912, but I disabled it. After that I installed the OS (Win10) and checked if there was a new version of BIOS available. It was available version 4KCN40WW and i downloaded it. After that I decided to encrypt my HDD with Symantec Encryption Desktop v 10.4.1. During the encryption that estimted it woud take 2 or 3 days to finish I decided to update the BIOS to latest version. Did the update from Windows with the file downloaded from this link. Everything went ok and rebooted the laptop to finish HDD encryption. I also installed VMWare and wanted to create a new virtual machine when I got the error "This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.After that I wanted to enter BIOS setuo to enable Intel VT-x, but was prompted with "System password" request. Tried to enter 18912 but didn't work. I thought maybe is asking for HDD encryption password and tried that too, but also did not worked, so I skiped entering bios and booted OS normaly. Since the I tried to update the bios again since I found a new version 4KCN41WW and checked the flags to see if I can force flash a blank password by modifing variables in file platform.ini that was in the same folder where BIOS was ([ForceFlash] Password=1).BIOS update went OK, but I am still prompted to enter System Password when I try to enter BIOS Setup. I also managed to downgrade back to version 4KCN40WW with same ForceFlash variable, but the password remains.
I contacted the seller to see if they can help me, but they said this is not a warranty case. Also contacted LENOVO Support that said they can't reset or recover my password, but they can replace my laptop mainboard, but the price is too high and the laptop is working normaly.

I decided to try to find a solution. I found some replacement Main BIOS and EC chips on e-bay, but I know those chips have other identificatin details like MAC address, SN, UUID, GUID and other details.
I made a full dump of Main BIOS and EC chips with a SPI Programmer (CH341A), but I don't know how to extract my original details from BIOS dump and restore them to those new chips. For now I decided not to buy those chips. I want to find a way to extract my original details from BIOS dumps or to remove BIOS password from dump and reflash the dumps via SPI programmer with SIOC8 clip if it's possible without desoldering the chips.

So, I am asking for your help if you can remove the password or if you can extract the original details from BIOS dumps and I also would like to know if there is any way to enable Advanced settings in BIOS and remove the Whitelist for RAM and M.2 SSD and any other whitelist that may be there.

I have all the papers and receipts to prove I bought this laptop if there is any issues.

Hi
I didn't quite understand
you have a SPI-programmer?
find
(02-05-2018, 01:24 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 01:05 PM)sk0rpion33 Wrote: In January this year my old laptop died and I decided to buy a new laptop. I went for LENOVO Y520-15IKBN Model 80WK00YARI. After I got it I checked the bios settings. It was version 4KCN28WW. I enabled backflash, Intel VT-x, and set System password as 18912, but I disabled it. After that I installed the OS (Win10) and checked if there was a new version of BIOS available. It was available version 4KCN40WW and i downloaded it. After that I decided to encrypt my HDD with Symantec Encryption Desktop v 10.4.1. During the encryption that estimted it woud take 2 or 3 days to finish I decided to update the BIOS to latest version. Did the update from Windows with the file downloaded from this link. Everything went ok and rebooted the laptop to finish HDD encryption. I also installed VMWare and wanted to create a new virtual machine when I got the error "This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.After that I wanted to enter BIOS setuo to enable Intel VT-x, but was prompted with "System password" request. Tried to enter 18912 but didn't work. I thought maybe is asking for HDD encryption password and tried that too, but also did not worked, so I skiped entering bios and booted OS normaly. Since the I tried to update the bios again since I found a new version 4KCN41WW and checked the flags to see if I can force flash a blank password by modifing variables in file platform.ini that was in the same folder where BIOS was ([ForceFlash] Password=1).BIOS update went OK, but I am still prompted to enter System Password when I try to enter BIOS Setup. I also managed to downgrade back to version 4KCN40WW with same ForceFlash variable, but the password remains.

Hi
I didn't quite understand
you have a SPI-programmer?

Yes, I got it some time ago to flash a tablet.
find
(02-05-2018, 01:31 PM)sk0rpion33 Wrote: Yes, I got it some time ago to flash a tablet.
need your bios dump
Check your PM
find
Hi could you plz guide me how to fully unlock/advanced mode of my bios
Lenovo Y520-15IKBN
insydeh20 ver 5.0
Correct bios version:4KCN43WW
Bios link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/produ...s/ds121057
Tnx alot in advance and best regards
find
(06-06-2018, 01:02 PM)Esiroyal Wrote: Hi could you plz guide me how to fully unlock/advanced mode of my bios
Lenovo Y520-15IKBN
insydeh20 ver 5.0
Correct bios version:4KCN43WW
Bios link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/produ...s/ds121057
Tnx alot in advance and best regards
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
First tnx alot for the quick reply
Can you kindly guide me which SPI-programmer do i need to get.. And am very new to this so is it possible to give me step by step how to use SPI-programmer that you will suggest.. Your help is highly appreciated
find
(06-06-2018, 03:11 PM)Esiroyal Wrote: First tnx alot for the quick reply
Can you kindly guide me which SPI-programmer do i need to get.. And am very new to this so is it possible to give me step by step how to use SPI-programmer that you will suggest.. Your help is highly appreciated
just follow the instructions
Check your PM
find