Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 283
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55281
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40941
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64120
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 136
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 83
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167060
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317012
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

[REQUEST] ThinkPad X1 Carbon (20A7 & 20A8, GRETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
(12-22-2014, 12:24 PM)sjonet Wrote: I can get access to a chip programmer, sure. What would I flash to it, though? Sorry to ask more questions, but I'm definitely willing to give it a shot (and learn more!).

Ok friend,
You're the man Wink
We have to get the FULL_DUMP Firmware so You have to disassemble
your laptop and get MoBo, then near the Chipset ther is this Chip Eeprom :

Macronix

MX25L6405D (8192 KB size)

You have to read and make a Backup of It, upload It and I will modify
for You inserting Mod into !
let me know
Regards

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Maintenance Manual :

http://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobile...811_04.pdf

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Schematic :

http://rghost.net/59901984

Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Fantastic! I won't be able to do this for probably a few weeks (my contact is in an entirely different state than I am), but I'll put a request in to see if he'd be willing to help me out here.
Also, those documents are for the first generation X1 Carbon; do you have access to those from the 2nd generation models? Mine is model number 20A7 if that helps! I found the hardware maintenance manual, but not the schematic.
find
I wil try to found as I haven't It !!!
Regards

[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
find
(12-23-2014, 06:53 AM)BDMaster Wrote: I wil try to found as I haven't It !!!
Regards

Actually, I really only need to know if MX25L6405D is still the BIOS chip used in this version (and I'd prefer not to rip apart the laptop if I don't have to Wink). I was also considering buying my own SPI programmer for this job - do you have any recommendations?

Also, has anyone tried flashing the BIOS from DOS after using the Lenovo Maintenance Disk to unlock the EEPROM? Not sure if the protected registers would then be unlocked, but have you heard of someone trying this method? I don't have a USB floppy drive to test this with, but I've been trying (and failing) to get my USB drive to do the trick.

I can report that after much, much testing, I finally got a USB bootable copy of the Lenovo Maintenance Disk to work! It allowed me to edit EEPROM values such as serial, main board ID, etc. Unfortunately even after tinkering and getting a shell to work on that boot image, I was still unable to write to the BIOS with fpt. At this point my only hope is to borrow or purchase a flash programmer.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I heard that the chip on my board may actually be a newer revision of the MX25L6405D, the MX25L3206E. In the event it is actually different, I'd like the programmer to be compatible with both. Ideas?

Alright, back to annoy you all again. I decided to take the plunge and open the laptop up, and without too much effort I found the flash chip. Unsurprisingly (at least according to other websites), the flash chip listed in FPT is incorrect; my laptop actually has a MX25L6475E EEPROM. I'm going to pick up both the replacement wireless card and a chip programmer and will report back once I have those materials!

I have some spare MX25L6475E ICs on the way, though I purchased a TL866CS, a test clip for SOP-8, and an adapter board to fit into the programmer. The MiniPro software the programmer shipped with didn't have a preset for the 6475, so I opted for the 6445, as it has the same instruction set, pin definitions, timings, etc. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the setup to detect the chip - even if the laptop is plugged in (NOT turned on) or if the TL866CS is plugged into a powered USB port. I realize it would be best for me to desolder the chip and use it directly with the programmer, but that isn't an option yet. Is there anything I can do to try to make this setup work? I'm trying to obtain the dump BDMaster needs of the 64mbit IC itself and would need to ask for help from other people to desolder and such - I really don't want to have to rely on others for this.

Any information would be appreciated!
find
(01-08-2015, 07:23 PM)sjonet Wrote: I have some spare MX25L6475E ICs on the way, though I purchased a TL866CS, a test clip for SOP-8, and an adapter board to fit into the programmer. The MiniPro software the programmer shipped with didn't have a preset for the 6475, so I opted for the 6445, as it has the same instruction set, pin definitions, timings, etc. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the setup to detect the chip - even if the laptop is plugged in (NOT turned on) or if the TL866CS is plugged into a powered USB port. I realize it would be best for me to desolder the chip and use it directly with the programmer, but that isn't an option yet. Is there anything I can do to try to make this setup work? I'm trying to obtain the dump BDMaster needs of the 64mbit IC itself and would need to ask for help from other people to desolder and such - I really don't want to have to rely on others for this.

Any information would be appreciated!

Hi my friend,
I got the TL866CS and wrote to many friends (CodeRush too) and to seller to ask infos about
this issue and I can say after many tests that It cannot read / write on Board Chips !
Only way is desoldering them and program externaly ! (is a powering issue as MoBo sucks current)
So before doing some mistakes ask Always for help or suggestions !
Look here too :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-T...ware-Flash

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...programmer

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

It is a scenario for your work !
Let me know
Regards

find
Thank you very much for the response. Do you know if any other programmers that would suffice without the need to desolder? I'm really afraid of [censored] something up and would much rather this method. I was looking at the CH341A as referenced here; would that work? THANK YOU!
find
Hi friend,
a ggod one I got too is this one :

Mcumall.com GQ-4X programmer I got some result modifying timing on sw, but only few times It woked !
It's expansive and cames from foreign !
So CH341A is the good solution to try another one !
Regards

find
I was able to get some replacement ICs, and with the appropriate adapter, I was able to get my TL866CS to read/write to the blank chips. It becomes obvious at this point that I'll need to desolder the existing chip, read it, and either write back to the same chip or a new one, then resolder to the board. What do you recommend for a good iron for such a small operation? Do you have any advice as to how to desolder without damaging the board itself, etc? What do you recommend for wick to clean the board, new solder? Any information would be helpful!
find
Hi friend,
I have got same tools as Kemod here :

1. Atten 8586 Solder Station (PID Controlled Solder Iron & Hot Air)
2. Multicore Ersin 0.46mm Leaded Solder Wire (Sn62/Pb36/Ag2)
3. MG Chemicals RA Type Rosin Flux (ROMI Class) in Bonkote SMD flux brush
4. Multicore Loctite 3.5mm and 0.8mm solder wick
5. Isopropyl Alcohol
6. Kimwipes Science lint free tissue
7. SMD antistatic tweezer, antistatic brush, LED third hand holder, etc.
8. Minipro TL866CS USB Universal EEPROM Programmer ~ I get it new @ USD 39 from some Chinese supplier.
9. SOIC/SOP 8 to DIP adapter.
10. True-USB PRO GQ-4X Willem Programmer Full Pack

Don't go over 250-280°C use a Thermal sensor on MoBo !
So what I can say further, follow tutorials I posted and all will go well !
Let me know
Regards

find
Hi guys, I have been watching this thread for a long time because I have the same laptop. This mobo has a m.2 slot for wwan card. According to one user, he tried on a ssd but the laptop doesn't detect the card. I wonder if it is blacklist or it is only for wwan. http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Thi...-p/1490702. Do you have any idea?
find