Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 42
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Today 02:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 221
[REQUEST] DNS A35FB, Pegatron A35
Last Post: Polkash51
Today 01:28 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2819
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Today 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 21999
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26124
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 129
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 116
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6215
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220092
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 194
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Views: 181
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98760
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24110
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324660
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1059
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 342
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 167
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542607
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 272

[REQUEST] Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 BIOS Unlock
Describe better what is happening, what have you did for stop turning on and do it respond to power, turn at elast fan or light on?

find
Hi fjfc.
Something is gone wrong during the Recovery mode johninspector, as I checked bios file and it's done fine, fjfc has done nice job !
If was something wrong into module He modded (Setuputility) Your laptop wil work also with it as that module (functionality) is called only whe We want to change bios settings.
So I think You are gone into bios to do a deeper settings mod and disabling video Card or Others most Dangerous !!!
Let us know what is happened and how, as it is uncomprensible !
Only if during thr Recovery Procedure something would be gone wrong It would not switch on !
We will wait your reply.
regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
The Mod bios has applied.
I Was start my pc.
In setup bios I modified config fan, i wanna starter with 80% fan. I pressed "save and restart machine" in bios.
After the laptop no start.
The led botton power, LED wifi, led hd, led battery, led ac conenector works ok.
When Start pc, the led the lights come, +- 7 seg before shutdown.
I try applied Mod bios again. But USB no start my pendrive.
find
Ok, I got 2 approaches for you,

1:

Try to turn on notebook while holding FN+F1 this should boot in a recovery menu where you can recover system settings.

2 (And most guarantee):

Remove notebook battery and CMOS battery for 1 minute and then plug it again, this will erase CMOS memory and BIOS settings will be back to stock, remember not to touch on settings that you do not understand again friend!
http://blog.parts-people.com/2013/05/21/...tallation/

find
(03-05-2014, 04:48 PM)fjfc Wrote: Ok, I got 2 approaches for you,

1:

Try to turn on notebook while holding FN+F1 this should boot in a recovery menu where you can recover system settings.

2 (And most guarantee):

Remove notebook battery and CMOS battery for 1 minute and then plug it again, this will erase CMOS memory and BIOS settings will be back to stock, remember not to touch on settings that you do not understand again friend!

I tried, the 1° and 2° methods, both don't work.
I don't know, how change config of fan, would bring me so trouble.

You know other backup bios method? HD-Sata? CD, DVD?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
(03-05-2014, 08:22 PM)johninspector Wrote:

1:

2 (And most guarantee):

Some notebooks needs more time for CMOS to be erased, leave notebook battery and CMOS battery unplugged for some more time, maybe one night, look for a CMOS reset Jumper in your motherboard, you can have one... These are the 2 ways of cleaning CMOS, remove battery for some time or CMOS jumper. The name of the file on USB MUST be the same as the one I provided you, you have not changed it right? Removing CMOS worked for my Dell new notebook so I have hope that it'll also work for you... Also every time I reset CMOS it only works the second time I try to power it on (dont know the cause of this)

If refkash by recovery mode does not work (have you tried all usb ports)? And also CMOS reset does not work

Then...

Then only way is to remove BIOS chip from the motherboard and Reprogram it with a external EEPROM programmer and put it back, laptop repair places can do this for you or if you have the tools to do it you can search some videos on youtube. Provide the fixers the same .bin I sent you for them to code your BIOS chip, I assure it'll work just tell them to do it (write the bin on the BIOS chip).

Or...

If you still have warranty, Call Dell and tell them your notebook suddenly stopped working and they'll get you a motherboard replacement, just dont tell them the truth and you'll be good. I know because I did that myself.

About the brick, I do not understand as well because I modded my fan settings too on my Dell and it worked Ok...

Keep me up to date with the sittuation.

Regards

find
(03-05-2014, 08:39 PM)fjfc Wrote:

1:

2 (And most guarantee):

Some notebooks needs more time for CMOS to be erased, leave notebook battery and CMOS battery unplugged for some more time, maybe one night, look for a CMOS reset Jumper in your motherboard, you can have one... These are the 2 ways of cleaning CMOS, remove battery for some time or CMOS jumper. The name of the file on USB MUST be the same as the one I provided you, you have not changed it right?

If refkash by recovery mode does not work (have you tried all usb ports)? And also CMOS reset does not work

Then...

Then only way is to remove BIOS chip from the motherboard and Reprogram it with a external EEPROM programmer and put it back, laptop repair places can do this for you or if you have the tools to do it you can search some videos on youtube. Provide the fixers the same .bin I sent you for them to code your BIOS chip, I assure it'll work just tell them to do it (write the bin on the BIOS chip).

Or...

If you still have warranty, Call Dell and tell them your notebook suddenly stopped working and they'll get you a motherboard replacement, just dont tell them the truth and you'll be good. I know because I did that myself.

About the brick, I do not understand as well because I modded my fan settings too on my Dell and it worked Ok...

Regards

Ok thanks.

I don't rename your mod bios.
My warranty has expired.
You think is now I should buy other mother board?
Tomorrow I post news, after CMOS battery unplugged

Thank for your help.
find
(03-05-2014, 09:12 PM)johninspector Wrote:

1:

2 (And most guarantee):

Some notebooks needs more time for CMOS to be erased, leave notebook battery and CMOS battery unplugged for some more time, maybe one night, look for a CMOS reset Jumper in your motherboard, you can have one... These are the 2 ways of cleaning CMOS, remove battery for some time or CMOS jumper. The name of the file on USB MUST be the same as the one I provided you, you have not changed it right?

Then...

Or...

Regards

Ok thanks.

My warranty has expired.

Thank for your help.

NO, as I told you no need for a new motherboard, repairement can be done! just need some1 to remove the BIOS chip from your motherboard, reprogram it and put it back, I think it's way cheaper than buying another MB right..

EDIT:

Look at this:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/..._en-us.pdf

page 63 of yours notebook material says that removing coin battery (CMOS battery) resets BIOS Settings to defaults, let have hope that it'll get back to life, and remember, its normal to only work secound time your turn it on after plugging cmos back

find
(03-05-2014, 09:16 PM)fjfc Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 09:12 PM)johninspector Wrote:

1:

2 (And most guarantee):

Then...

Or...

Regards

Ok thanks.

My warranty has expired.

Thank for your help.

NO, as I told you no need for a new motherboard, repairement can be done! just need some1 to remove the BIOS chip from your motherboard, reprogram it and put it back, I think it's way cheaper than buying another MB right..

EDIT:

Look at this:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/..._en-us.pdf

page 63 of yours notebook material says that removing coin battery (CMOS battery) resets BIOS Settings to defaults, let have hope that it'll get back to life, and remember, its normal to only work secound time your turn it on after plugging cmos back

Friend, speak more about "its normal to only work secound time your turn it on after plugging cmos back". With my knowledge of english, no enough for to understand this sentence.
find
Every time I clear my CMOS I need to turn on my computer (It doenst work, keeps beeping) then I force turn it Off and turn it on again and it works. Sorry, my native language is also no english, I'm brazilian

find