Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] QX6850 support for H-I41-uATX motherboard (Eton)
For background information on this build please see my thread @ overclockers.com:
https://www.overclockers.com/forums/show...ne-s5-1014

The above thread details my progress and theory behind this potential CPU upgrade.
I have confirmed the G41 chipset is compatible with this CPU.
I have also tested the rig with the QX6850 installed and what I get is: the system posts and then an incompatibility warning. The system then powers down. This leads me to believe the CPU itself is compatible on a *hardware level* and we merely have a *software level - blacklist* issue relative to the BIOS.

I was thinking it would be really cool to get this CPU running in the aforementioned rig and I am reaching out for help and support and hopefully this will take me in the right direction. I know there will be naysayers. But this build is just for the fun of it. I have plenty of other systems I use as my daily drivers. I will be using ThrottleStop and speedstep to mitigate the extra heat so I'm doing everything that can be done to reduce TDP and heat. I have a decent low profile cooler.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. I would like to keep this positive and it's already been re-hashed in the other thread, I know I will be pushing the system into the red zone. But I also am an overclocker at heart and I enjoy pushing the envelope. I truly believe this can be done, and that's why I'm here.

AMD 960T X6 @ 3.7Ghz, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD
AMD 965 X4 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD        
AMD 960T X4 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD   
Intel QX6850 X4 @ 3.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD
Intel E8400 X2 @ 4.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD
Lenovo T61p, Core 2 Extreme x9000 @ 4.0Ghz, 80GB SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D, 2.5Ghz AMD Turion II, 60GB SSD
find
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show a photo of the screen with "incompatibility warning".
find
(08-12-2018, 11:55 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Show a photo of the screen with "incompatibility warning".

Here is the first request (first and third tabs of CPUz): Thanks for your quick response!
[Image: Capture_bios_mod.png]

-It's going to take me a couple hours to get around to installing the QX6850 again to fulfill the second request. I'll keep you updated.
find
OK. I'm waiting for requested photo...
Can you make TXT report of CPU-Z with your QX6850 on other system?
find
(08-13-2018, 02:37 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: OK. I'm waiting for requested photo...
Can you make TXT report of CPU-Z with your QX6850 on other system?
Okay, here is the error message: https://image.ibb.co/j4ucWU/IMG_20180813...696_LL.jpg

I also have compiled the TXT Report but unsure how to attach to this thread... should I just quote everything for you?
find
Press Preview Post, Zip report & attach .
find
See attached WORD file for QX6850 report...

Attached Files
.docx   QX6850CPUZ.docx (Size: 39.33 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
EDIT: I uploaded in word format... let me know if that works out for you.
find
Try to flash my mod.
find
(08-14-2018, 04:25 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to flash my mod.

I attempted flash but it didn't take. I used this guide:

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...e-AMI-Bios

And it gave me an error erasing block one. I am thinking that the BIOS may be locked from the factory as there was never any BIOS update available for download at any point from the HP website.

AMD 960T X6 @ 3.7Ghz, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD
AMD 965 X4 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD        
AMD 960T X4 @ 4.1Ghz, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD   
Intel QX6850 X4 @ 3.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD
Intel E8400 X2 @ 4.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD
Lenovo T61p, Core 2 Extreme x9000 @ 4.0Ghz, 80GB SSD
Toshiba Satellite A505D, 2.5Ghz AMD Turion II, 60GB SSD
find