Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded T7500 CPU on a Toshiba L500
Hi guys, I succesfully upgraded a T7500 on my Toshiba L500. It works perfectly but, after the bios screen, it shows me the list of the installed hardware and at the end "FB No microcode update loaded for alternate processor"; I have to press F1 and Windows 8.1 starts properly. I hope you can help me. Rolleyes

- I've attached the installed Bios v 2.1 and the CPUID screenshot.
- CPU spec code: SLAF8

Attached Files
.zip   Bios and cpuid.zip (Size: 2.73 MB / Downloads: 13)
find
(11-16-2014, 01:32 PM)AlexKilmister Wrote: Hi guys, I succesfully upgraded a T7500 on my Toshiba L500. It works perfectly but, after the bios screen, it shows me the list of the installed hardware and at the end "FB No microcode update loaded for alternate processor"; I have to press F1 and Windows 8.1 starts properly. I hope you can help me. Rolleyes

- I've attached the installed Bios v 2.1 and the CPUID screenshot.
- CPU spec code: SLAF8

Hi~guy!
Using this modified bios to replace original bios file ,then to update your system.
I have injected micro code into it.
https://mega.co.nz/#!qoR0xZJY!n4iGIohleS...9bMrZvI8B8

Remember to reply info after flashing bios.
Thanks.
find
Thanks for the reply. Thus Winphlash doesn't want to work I have to use Phlash16.exe with a bootable USB pendrive. I'm following the the thread "HOW TO FLASH MODIFIED OR ORIGINAL BIOS (PHOENIX)", can I use the file with .rom extension instead of .wph as in the guide?
find
Finally I renamed the bios file as "BIOS.WPH" and flashed with phlash16.exe; now all work like a charm! Very thanks! Smile
find
(11-16-2014, 03:07 PM)AlexKilmister Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Thus Winphlash doesn't want to work I have to use Phlash16.exe with a bootable USB pendrive. I'm following the the thread "HOW TO FLASH MODIFIED OR ORIGINAL BIOS (PHOENIX)", can I use the file with .rom extension instead of .wph as in the guide?

The bios file you provide can be decompress some file.
It has swaa210a.rom、setup64.exe、setup.exe and go.bat,so i want you to replace original bios then use original utility to flash.
Execute setup or setup64 seems can direct to update.

(11-16-2014, 07:09 PM)AlexKilmister Wrote: Finally I renamed the bios file as "BIOS.WPH" and flashed with phlash16.exe; now all work like a charm! Very thanks! Smile

I'm very glad you're success.
Can you tell me what parameter you use with phlash16??
thanks.
find
I didn't modified any parameter. I've just created a bootable pendrive with Rufus and I moved plash16 and the bios file in it. At the boot the installation started automatically.
find