Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow @ Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XEON 775 bios request
I thought there was no way it would have the microcodes either?

I can try that, but it looks like I'm going to have to do a fresh install now anyway, as I cant login to windows.

EDIT: 1303 stock rom, loads past bios, and into windows, but windows still wont login just has those spinning dots, and when I CTRL+ALT+DEL it gives me the login screen, but with no password space or user icon.

fresh install it is Sad

1303, also still does not recognise the CPU. So this has all been a bit pointless Tongue
find
Note I've updated my previous post.
Original BIOS version 1303 hasn't suitable microcode for your CPU. But you can try to boot.
Probably it will solved your Windows 10's problem. And the microcode will be loaded by operating system like before with original BIOS version 1203.
find
well it does boot, but my windows install is damaged now, it would seem irreparably so.

I dont think either of these ROMS have the correct microcode for my processor, I think I'd actually be better to buy the x5450 before messing with the bios again, as this is much more common on this mod and these roms will probably work with that cpu.

thanks for your help my friend, im off to fresh install windows!

thankfully my plex library file is on an external, so hopefully that wont have to recompile! (last time it did it took almost 3 days lol)
find
All microcodes are correct Smile They have the digital sign. And can't be loaded in wrong CPU.
And X5450 and E5405 use common microcode.
find
what are the differences between the modded rom and the stock one then? What could be causing the issue?
find
The only difference is the microcode.
BIOS mod loads microcode for CPU. CPU correctly initialize all it's features. But full CPU's initialization prevents booting.
find
lol, I might video it so you can see, as soon as I flash the custom roms, the PC doesnt go past bios, it just stays black screen flashing cursor in the corner, I've tried booting to 2 different hard drives, and also a usb boot drive, and they do the same thing, but only on the custom roms.

I have noticed that sometimes when the post message appears, it doesnt seem to output the same amount of lines of data as on the stock rom either, like the custom rom isnt recognising things, I think its unable to see my ssd's. But if that was the case, a usb bootdrive would still load and boot.

I'd try a normal HDD but all of mine have lots of media on them, that I dont want to lose.
find
You can try to flash BIOS mod and disable all CPU's features in BIOS.
find
(09-27-2016, 01:56 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: You can try to flash BIOS mod and disable all CPU's features in BIOS.

What features would I need to disable? 

Obviously as you have mentioned before about features of this CPU, what did you mean? 

I have never noticed anything extra in the settings in bios even when having the custom roms installed, is there something I should check for? 

Right now I'm making a usb boot disk for windows 10, going to fresh install it.

Stock rom of the 1303 is the one that's currently installed.
find
I mean TM, VT-x, C1E, HT, IDA, SpeedStep, XD etc...
find