Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: MCP61PM-GM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The lack of support for this motherboard is astounding.

CPU model: ET1331G-03W
Bios Link: Latest Bios (which was 2010)
Bios Version: P01-A2

AMD OVerdrive doesn't detect this chipset

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 260
It's a dual core that comes with 3.2 GHz and I want to crank this baby up to 3.7 GHz so that it's one GHz faster than my stock CPU it came with.

I have 8 GB of ram in it.. I have no idea what the Power Supply Unit is.. I got it two-three years ago.. 350-400 I think? I don't know.

When many people look for the MCP61PM-GM board, they find some ECS MCP61PM-GM board that only supports AM2 socket CPUs and only supports 4 gigs of ram or something like that. The one I'm using is MCP61PM-GM and doesn't have ECS in front of it.. it supports up to 8 GB of ram (which I'm currently at and is AM3 socket)

I've had people on multiple forums call me stupid and a liar for saying that it's a AM3 socket after looking it up -_-
"The lack of support for this motherboard is astounding." SURE IS

When many people look for the MCP61PM-GM board, they find some ECS MCP61PM-GM board that only supports AM2 socket CPUs and only supports 4 gigs of ram or something like that. The one I'm using is MCP61PM-GM and doesn't have ECS in front of it (MINE DOES EITHER but through research I found that it is an ESC.. it supports up to 8 GB of ram (which I'm currently at and is AM3 socket)

Thank you for your post. It actually was very insightful. I have a Gateway GT5662 with the same MB. It is version 2.1 however and I'd like to know what version your MB is/was to see if I can use the same BIOS update. The eMachine website has a BIOS update for the ET1331g while Gateway's site has nothing or my GT5662.

I'm trying to determine if I need a BIOS update for the AMD Athlon II x4 645 that others seem to have been able to put on this board.

Any additional insight is appreciated!