Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: GPU request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I know this isn't the normal thing this thread addresses but I was wondering if one of you guys could help me out.

I'm trying to get a radeon 3870m working on an alienware m5500i-r3 (bios attached). The computer will not post when the card is installed and I assume this is because the bios does not support this newer card as the alienware shipped with the nvidia 7600 go and this is far newer.

An interesting fact though is that the alienware m9750 that shipped the same year with basically the same mobo does work with this card as several people online have found success with it.

The smaller m5500i-r3 will not let me flash the bios from the other laptop however because of a safeguard that states I need to be plugged into an AC adapter (which I am) in order to flash.

So is there any way to get my laptop to boot with this card from the 2.07 bios made from it or is there a way to force flash the other laptops bios to it?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Does anyone at least know where I can start looking for something like this?