Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Pavilion H8-1150z BIOS Unlock Request/ Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I own an HP Pavilion H8-1150z desktop, and I recently purchased some new Mushkin RAM for it (Kit #994043).

On the HP page for my motherboard (OEM Gigabyte), DDR3-1600 CAS8 is listed as supported. However, the RAM keeps defaulting to DDR3-1333 CAS9, and I cannot edit the speeds or timings because HP BIOS is locked (and I guess that locks it for software editing as well).

I tried using AMIBCP 4.53 to edit the BIOS so that I could edit speeds and timings. But when I used windows-based flash (I just piggybacked the SAFUWIN program in the HP .exe), I get an error message that the BIOS is incorrect for my system. I tried DOS (AFUDOS), and that didn't work either; I got an error message saying that the BIOS is write protected.

I have spent around two days looking for a fix, but all I have scraped up is that AMIBCP can corrupt ROM files on save. Other tools like MMTool have made no sense to me. Huh

Does anyone have any ideas or pointers? Or, if you have some free time, would you be able to unlock the BIOS for me?

Please let me know. Thanks!
Well, I tried using AMIBCP + Hexworkshop, and I can remove the corruption from a BIOS file saved using the HEX editor.

However, any edits made to BIOS functionality leads the HP flash utility to tell me that my BIOS is incorrect for the system. AFUWIN simply tells me that it had a problem "getting flash information".

If anybody has any idea....please help.