Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Problems with BIOS Version/Date : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.12, 6/11/2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

A few days ago I made a purchase of 2x1gb Corsair 64M8CFEG (DIMM type : 667 MHz) rams for my HP m8150.be PC. After inserting both of the rams into the 2 free slots(yes, I made sure I put them in correctly) I got a beeping noise and my computer wouldn't boot. The second action that I took, was take one ram out and leave the other one in. The result I got was no beeping noise, but booting would get stuck on the bios start-up.

I then proceeded to contact HP support and this is what they told me : "Unfortunately it is of very little help since you are not able to access and change the primary and secondary memory timings and increase/decrease Vdimm as needed to make your memory modules work. that is the downside of a manufactured PC's OEM (locked) BIOS."

So basically, my problem is the BIOS of my PC. Could you please suggest any actions I could take to fix the problems that I am getting?

P.S. I tried looking for a BIOS update thinking it would solve the problem, but could not find it.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Anthony Q