Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell OptiPlex GX110 and PATA to SATA convertor problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To revitalize still usinable old reliable Dell OptiPlex GX110 computer, I did a drive update. However I run into a problem with PATA to SATA convertor. After installing it into either first or second channel the machine won't react well. Updating to the latest A09 bios I made the SSD connected to the convertor visible, yet of unknown capacity and it wait so much (2-3min?) when booting (looks like it wait for spin-up or some timeout...) and - that is the main problem - even that the SSD works well under Windows 2000 SP4, it is not possible to boot from it. BIOS saying that the drive fail, when attempting to boot from it. So I end up booting from old drive and using SSD drive only as storage, witch is somewhat disappointing.

So, I kindly asking you, experienced bios moders. if is possible to tweak the bios to fix this problem.

I did not think that the machine should be trashed. I think it can serve well, only little help is need to make it work with todays devices. Because HDD and DVD need to be updated...
Please help me with it?

PS. Dell Static Inventory Collector did not work at all. It compalins that "Input pin of service IsWow64Process is unable to be found in the KERNEL32.dll" - of course it can, it is a PIII machine with Windows 2000 SP4!
Used: StaticIC /xml=inventory.xml - and every other attempt to run, even older version "x16" cause the very same problem.

Dell OptiPlex GX110
BIOS latest A09
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/GX110A09.exe
Dell - Phoenix 01/22/03