Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: (HP) Compaq 6720s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not think this is an insyde bios, I think it is a rompaq but this is the nearest thread I could find, is it possible to mod this bios to include slic 2.1?

Link http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec...sp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3442832&swItem=ob-66972-1&prodNameId=3442833&swEnvOID=2094&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=3

Thanks in advance.[/u]
(10-23-2009, 02:43 PM)don240 Wrote: [ -> ]I do not think this is an insyde bios, I think it is a rompaq but this is the nearest thread I could find, is it possible to mod this bios to include slic 2.1?

Link http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec...sp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3442832&swItem=ob-66972-1&prodNameId=3442833&swEnvOID=2094&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=3

Thanks in advance.[/u]

It is a rompaq and it cannot be modified ...sorry....you will need to use a loader.
Was hoping that it could be modded as it is not for me & I do not want the grief from the owner if M$ break the loader.
Does this bios have a 2.0 slic? (I do not have the pc with me) if it has a slic 2.0 I will install Vista Ultimate (it came with Vista basic).

PS sorry about the late reply but I have been unable to log on to this website for a while.
(11-10-2009, 12:30 PM)don240 Wrote: [ -> ]Was hoping that it could be modded as it is not for me & I do not want the grief from the owner if M$ break the loader.
Does this bios have a 2.0 slic? (I do not have the pc with me) if it has a slic 2.0 I will install Vista Ultimate (it came with Vista basic).

PS sorry about the late reply but I have been unable tolog on to this website for a while.

there is no way to open a rompaq bios...so, i cannot tell you if or if not there is a slic 2.0...
If it came preinstalled with vista then it must have SLIC 2.0 to preactive. SLIC activation is not version specific

If you install Vista Ultimate with ANY Ultimate OEM:SLP Key (there not hard to find , doesnt have to be a HP one either!) , vista should preactivate , as SLIC 2,0 mmust have been present to activate the home basic one!

Regards
Admin
Extra Note: Launch a cmd prompt as an Administrator (Search using start menu for cmd , right click and then run as administrator)
Type slmgr.vbs -dlv
After 20-30 seconds , a window will appear , at the top , look for the word channel

If it says RETAIL Channel - Not preactivated , Slic 2.0 Not Present
OEM:SLP Channel - Preacativated , Slic 2,0 present in Bios

Regards
1234s282
(11-11-2009, 12:56 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Extra Note: Launch a cmd prompt as an Administrator (Search using start menu for cmd , right click and then run as administrator)
Type slmgr.vbs -dlv
After 20-30 seconds , a window will appear , at the top , look for the word channel
If it says RETAIL Channel - Not preactivated , Slic 2.0 Not Present
OEM:SLP Channel - Preacativated , Slic 2,0 present in Bios
Regards
1234s282
Yes Vista it is then, thats's just confirmed what I thought,
I have W7 on my laptop and it is way better than Vista, maybe next time he will buy a laptop with a moddable bios.

Regards Don240
Thread Closed - Please PM Me If You Want It Re-opened

Regards
Admin