Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS Rampage III Formula Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(09-13-2012, 07:17 PM)CrimsonKnight13 Wrote: [ -> ]I did find one snag. The integrated Intel NIC doesn't work. Is there any way to have it added back in? I didn't notice this until later on since I'm also utilizing an add-in NIC. Thanks.

The fastest way to make sure it's a bios mod fault or not is to flash original one. Everything I did in mod have no relation with built-in NIC.

It's strongly recommended to clear cmos (or load bios defaults) after each bios update. Even if you flashed the same bios for 2nd time in a row.

P.S: While using Win8 I had a strange bug: once my built-in NIC has totally disappeared from device manager. I performed a lot of action (lots of reboot and driver related actions) and everything was useless until I plugged in PCI NIC. In magical way my built-in NIC appeared after 2nd reboot. BB Win8 till November.
Thanks. I'll see what happens. Smile
Loading defaults didn't fix the missing NIC option. It appears that the integrated NIC isn't being turned on within the BIOS.
Flash original BIOS and check if NIC is working ...
Will do. This is the first time I've seen this happen.
I can confirm that going back to 0801 & then back up to the modded 901 restored the integrated NIC.

It's completely stable even when overclocked. Thanks for the hard work!
Just wanted to thank you Eshield.

Put the OROM in using ASUS EZ-Flash with no problems.

No problems with the NIC either after updating.

I did freak out a little when the BIOS posted a message about updating the Sata Controller firmware during the boot.

DO NOT TURN OFF / REBOOT

etc..

Something like that...

I've never seen anything like that in all my years with a PC and it didnt happen when I used an earlier 903 OROM here from another poster. That mod also worked perfectly and was very-much appreciated. Seemed to help a lot with stability of the 6G controller.

So I waited and I did indeed get a BIOS message the that firmware had been updated successfully.

It'd be nice if ASUS supported their boards after 6 months but, as we all know, that is wishful thinking.

Thanks so much for the mod friend. It's sincerely appreciated.

I do use the 6G controller for my boot drive so anything to improve stability is very welcome.

Everything seems to be working great so far.
Well I know it's been awhile since the last post was made but I just have to tell you just how great your mod was.

I use the two Marvell ports for my optical drives since I have all the Intel Sata II ports filled.

I was having allot of stability issues with my burners on the Marvell ports until I installed your mod now everything works great!

I have even picked up some speed on my two Intel raid arrays and I am having no issues with anything else what so ever.

I couldn't be happier with your mod THX. Big Grin
Just updated my BIOS to this modded version and my OS and hard drives are working much better. Thank you very much! Big Grin
(08-29-2012, 05:48 AM)eshield Wrote: [ -> ]CrimsonKnight13
What exactly do you want to "unlock" in BIOS? Huh I don't get it Undecided

I've modded as you requested the very latest available BIOS 0903.

Change list:
-Updated Intel RST to 11.5.0.1582
-Updated Marvell 9128 BIOS\Firmware\Bootloader to 1.0.0.1033\2.2.0.1125\1.0.1.0002b
-Updated JMicron JMB363 to 1.07.28
-Inserted ASUS SLIC 2.1
-Removed all languages except English

I do not have R3F myself, so I can't test this mod .. but I'm pretty sure that it will work.

Use it on your own risk.

P.S: Thanks ZioGTS for the latest Marvell firmware compilation.

This forum has been so helpful. Thanks for the collaboration of everyone out there modding BIOSes. I have a Rampage III Formula and this BIOS helped me a lot. Seeing that this thread was getting old and stagnant. I decided to work off of what "eshield" had done and modify his BIOS ROM to include the latest Intel RST 12.7.0.1936 and Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network: v1.5.13 OROMS. So without further ado I present version 1.1 of BIOS v0903 for ASUS Rampage III Formula

Complete changelog:

Intel ICH10R SATA RAID Controller: v12.7.0.1936
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller - Bios : v1.0.0.1033*
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller - Firmware: v2.2.0.1125*
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller - Bootloader: v1.0.1.0002b*
JMicron JMB36X Controller: v1.07.28
Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network: v1.5.13
SLIC 2.1

I have tested the ROM and everything works without a hitch.

BUT Use at your own risk!

Thanks guys!
[attachment=5851]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7