Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire 5610 Bios 3.60 AHCI option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Acer Aspire 5610 Bios 3.60
MANUFACTORY AND BIOS VERSION: ACER V3.60
LINK DOWNLOAD:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...2670583506&Step1=Notebook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%205610&OS=V10&LC=it&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_17

Please unhide AHCI option

Thank you
Thanks for the request, I shall have a look and get back to you shortly.
Hi, any news on Acer Aspire 5610 Bios 3.60 unhide AHCI option?

Thank you
I really need this, somebody can unhide AHCI option in Acer Aspire 5610z Bios 3.60
Hello cocoinafrica,

Upon inspecting your BIOS, I was unable to find an option for AHCI. I was able to find virtualization (VT-x). Do you want instructions on how to enable this?

(06-18-2014, 09:13 AM)cocoinafrica Wrote: [ -> ]I really need this, somebody can unhide AHCI option in Acer Aspire 5610z Bios 3.60
I've got a 5610Z, and would like to be able to turn off legacy USB support (new WD 4TB external drive won't allow boot when connected, known issue with legacy USB support).

This has got 3.6 installed.

I'm brand new to the site and don't know my way around just yet, so please forgive me if this question is asked and answered elsewhere.

Thanks!.
Hello MrPink,

I will see if the setting exists in the BIOS (It probably does).
Hello MrPink,

Surprisingly, this BIOS is SO limited that it does not even have a "Legacy USB Support" setting or anything similar to it...
Yes, this BIOS is abut as useless as any I have ever seen, hence my landing in this place. Any suggestions?