Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP DV6-2001AU Bricked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Camilo and the BIOS Gods

Please save me.. I was tinkering with my wifes DV6. She was complaining about it being slow, so I bought an Intel SSD and installed it. Transferred the OS last week, etc and everything was going fine.

Yesterday I put the old HD in and booted to take some backups. Booted with the WinPE disk, checked something, and shutdown. Next when I tried to boot I got the black screen and double flashing Caps lock problem. I went through many forums here, and tried reflashing my BIOS. I loaded the 3635.BIN, ROM, and FD files on a pendrive and did the Win+B boot thing. It started reading the pendrive, beeped 11 times in quick succession, then seven more times more slowly - about 30Seconds in total. After that, however it did not shutdown but just hung. I shutdown and tried to start it up but the same black screen and double flashing caps lock. I tried loading different versions of the BIOS, F12, F04, F03, but the same problem each time. It looks like its loading the BIOS but unable to finish writing it or something like that...

Please let me know:
1. Whether I can find out if its some other problem (not BIOS)
2. Is there some modded bios or some bios for DV7 or other DV6 model that I can load?
3. Maybe the RTC battery is dead? If i replace the battery will the BIOS load..?

In the doghouse right now..
Hi People

Just to update and and close of this thread. I tried flashing and reflashing the bios many many times, with the same result. Took it to a local repair shop, they checked it up and found that a "bga" chip was blown. (I have no idea what a bga chip is). They took a week, but replaced the bga chip - charged me around Rs 5000 which is approximately USD 100. The system works good now, although I had to re-validate the windows 7 license (by typing in the product key from the sticker under the laptop) after booting - I'm not sure if the hardware signature changed because of what they did.
The laptop also seems to be running much cooler now. Of course its blazing fast because of the SSD.

My wife is speaking to me again...