Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Not sure of my Bios version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello !
First of all, I'm sorry if i make grammar mistakes (i'm french =/).
Well, I have issues with my laptop, it's an Acer Aspire 7741g. I tried, a long time ago, to change the HDD and add some RAM (4Go + 4Go), but it didn't accept a valid Windows 7, so I put the "old" HDD back in the laptop.
BUT my system became unstable. So last week I asked Acer's support what they could do to help me, and they advised me to launch the recovery. So did I, but the recovery failed at the middle of the loading bar, so now my computer doesn't run at all. I picked some informations on the net and i find out that it was because of my motherboard (I don't know how to explain that in english words xD).
Acer told me to buy their recovery CD (because I lost mine) but I won't pay for that Ship... So I thought you could help me (If you don't mind =o).
I want to download the good Bios' version, but I'm not sure... When I check the informations at the first bios screen, I see that (apparently) my bios' version is 1.09. And in Acer's website I can download the 1.26 version. (http://support.acer.com/product/default....delId=2114)
Here comes my question, do you think I can flash my MB with this version? Or should I dismantle my laptop ?
Thanks for your answers (I hope you will react =))
Dylan