Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: forum newbie looking for help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lo all,

It may be a bit of a long shot, but I'm trying to find a bios mod for the Abit IP35-E.

I have a QX9650 and, when OCing, my board tops out at 465 FSB ~ 4.18GHz. There is no way I can see to access the unlocked multiplier in the BIOS - it is fixed at 6-9, despite the board recognising the CPU correctly.

Do any of you chaps know of a mod that opens up the multiplier options?

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Spreadie
Wow, I had someone else with the same CPU, different board, with the same problem. So far, we have only been able to get it at 9.5 in an award bios, everytime hed change a setting in the bios, it revert to 9. I'll be happy to look at your bios and see what's going on.

Please attach you bios as well.

TheWiz
(10-24-2009, 08:42 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I had someone else with the same CPU, different board, with the same problem. So far, we have only been able to get it at 9.5 in an award bios, everytime hed change a setting in the bios, it revert to 9. I'll be happy to look at your bios and see what's going on.

Please attach you bios as well.

TheWiz

-Manufacturer: ABIT
-Motherboard Model: IP35-E
-Bios revision: 18
-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS
-Bios Download Link: ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/...630a18.zip
-Source of Bios Download Link: http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboa...AME=IP35-E&fMTYPE=LGA775&pPRODINFO=BIOS
Thanks for your replies.

I have the BIOS version, that Busykid508 posted, already installed. The strange thing is Abit claim to have released the fix back in BIOS 14.

I may flash it back to 14 and try, but I thought BIOS updates were cumulative.

Cheers

Spreadie
Success!

I flashed back to 14, then reflashed to 18. Multiplier is now unlocked!

Thanks for the inspiration chaps.

Regards

Spreadie