Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Phoenix BIOS Recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I tried to update my BIOS with the latest version of its firmwire through Toshibas homepage ( since my laptop is a Toshiba ). In the middle of install, the screnn suddently froze and the laptop went down. Now when I turn on my laptop, there is just a black screen. I have read in Toshibas forum, that most users had problems with BIOS update under win7.

I tried to follow this guideline very carefully: http://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/p...-recovery/

I have a problem and that problem is that I don't have a floppy disk driver. So, is it possible to make a bootable CD? If, so, how? And what do I need of files? Also I have tried many recovery utility methods, where I turned my USB pendrive into a bootable flashdrive. The problem is that it wont load through USB. I have minidos, phlash16.exe and BIOS.WPH ( I used the original ROM file from Toshibas driver site ), but nothing happens. I feel like that there is an autoexec.bat file missing in order to run the bootable USB pendrive. Do I need autoexec.bat file?

I hope that you guys can help me.