Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [UNLOCKED] Acer Aspire V3-771G Unlock Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Can anyone pls unlock advanced options of the version 2.23 or any release of the 2.xx series?
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...SC=EMEA_27
My 771g latop came with 2.xx version and it refuses to use the 1.xx version unlocked release that can be found in this thread.
I searched for a 2.xx unlocked release but it seems that the few ones that tried to unlocked had problems in trying it.
flashing bios worked great for me, but i couldn't flash it from dos I'm using linux so i had to install windows to start bios flasher.Unlocked bios is v1.12 that is old version, laptop is turning fan off when the temperatures falls i think that the speed of fan should be reduced, fan power should be reduced. Maybe that problem is with never version of bios solved because its quit annoying to listen fan being turned on and off. Can you possibly unlock newer version of bios? tnx
*bump* I know that if an unlocked 2 series BIOS is made up for this machine, there'd be at least a few people I know of who would be excited. It would make a hackintosh much more plausible if we could shut down the nVidia/Optimus, as well as the onboard wireless card. Also, giving an option in the boot menu/priority for the mSATA slot would be epic. I would be willing to donate for someone's time.

Here is the current version, as well as what I'm using.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ER&SC=PA_6
(03-27-2014, 01:27 AM)1slickvdc Wrote: [ -> ]*bump* I know that if an unlocked 2 series BIOS is made up for this machine, there'd be at least a few people I know of who would be excited. It would make a hackintosh much more plausible if we could shut down the nVidia/Optimus, as well as the onboard wireless card. Also, giving an option in the boot menu/priority for the mSATA slot would be epic. I would be willing to donate for someone's time.

Here is the current version, as well as what I'm using.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ER&SC=PA_6

Ok friends,

FireCode95 (He is good programmer and learned much from me) has done 2.23 and 2.28 unlocked version (It's unlocked all) here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...post862525

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...post878560

You have only to find his posts on MyDigitalLife and You'll find all and can see me too in these discussions, I explained many Insyde secrets to many people as FjFc too, so They are all my students Wink !
If You have a request write to him directly on MDL, He knows that bios as his home !
Regards
(03-27-2014, 03:18 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ][...]

Wow, saved my life, was looking for this for now a week. Big Grin
Still, i can configure my fan speeds over the bios, but not over nvidia inspector, which is weird
can anyone direct me or show me how to flash the bios on my acer v3 771g? I currently have the 2.28v stock bios, id like to flash it with the 2.28 unlocked bios, I have put the unlocked bios on a thumbdrive in usb 1 tried holding fn + esc and it just sits at the acer screen and when I release the buttons it continues booting
I'm not really experienced with this BIOS and generally ACER stuff, but can i use the V3-771G bios on a V3-772G laptop?
(10-25-2014, 09:24 AM)skunkopaat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really experienced with this BIOS and generally ACER stuff, but can i use the V3-771G bios on a V3-772G laptop?

Hi friend,
no You have Always extract REAL Bios file which will be flashed on laptop and compare with file You retain to be compatible.
Normaly when compatible have same names and doing an HEX Compare byte by byte You will found them equal !
Example extract Bios File 2.28 for V3-771G = VAGV228.fd and file 1.15 for V3-772G = VA70V115.fd (names are different and versions too) then compare using a HexEditor Tool and You'll find that They are different completely.
Regards
(10-25-2014, 03:10 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2014, 09:24 AM)skunkopaat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not really experienced with this BIOS and generally ACER stuff, but can i use the V3-771G bios on a V3-772G laptop?

Hi friend,
no You have Always extract REAL Bios file which will be flashed on laptop and compare with file You retain to be compatible.
Normaly when compatible have same names and doing an HEX Compare byte by byte You will found them equal !
Example extract Bios File 2.28 for V3-771G = VAGV228.fd and file 1.15 for V3-772G = VA70V115.fd (names are different and versions too) then compare using a HexEditor Tool and You'll find that They are different completely.
Regards

I see it now, thanks for the reply Smile
So, does any body know, how do you desactivate the loss of performance to cool down ?

I'll explain, it's a problem who appeared really randomly, and uhm, I think the GPU (Nvidia 710M) is lowering my game performances to cool down the computer.

I checked the temperatures, and it's only a few degrees (European °C) difference (between the time it's lagging and the time it's going back to normal).

So i was asking myself, If it's possible via the advanced bios to desactivate this option.

Anyhow i'm not really scared of temperatures if my gpu is reaching 100°c the computer is shutting itself down

Thanks in advance for those who'll know how Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4