Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: What is RAID?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Friends........
I am beginer of software field.....................
But I don't know RAID????
And what RAID useful to me??????
please give me idea on this topic>.................
not to be mean but please use wikipedia or google Tongue

Moved to general discussion - this is the wrong place!

Admin
Hello Friends !!!!!!

Thank You for responding!!!!
From your suggestion I find my target in wikipedia or google ........
Thank You.............
(10-28-2009, 03:44 AM)harrypits Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Friends !!!!!!Thank You for responding!!!!
From your suggestion I find my target in wikipedia or google ........
Thank You.............
Hello, I have been running Raid systems for over 15 years now on my personal systems.

I have determined, as many suggest, that using Raid on a personal system, gives very little in performance gains, with much overhead in cost, unless you choose to use Raid1, which gives you a redundant backup of the primary hard drive, should it fail.

If that were to occur, you could install a new hard drive, boot the system, and the data would be reinstalled on the new hard drive.
This can take some time, depending on how much data is required to be copied to the new hard drive.

I now do not use Raid, but choose to use an extensive backup strategy.

I use a drive image, stored on a backup hard drive, as well as on newotk system hard drive, and an external hard drive. I also copy all my important documents and photos, and other content, to the external hard drive and an additional external laptop hard drive, just in case.

This approach requires the backups be done on a regular schedule, in order to be as up to date as possible.

I have used all the backups at one time or another.

Hope this helps.