Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request for Unlocked GatewayNV59xx BIOS (V1.26) for dual boot using optical caddy HDD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a NN5909h and i tried one of the modified bios on it and it works fine. I am actually installing a second HDD using a HDD Caddy for the optical drive bay. Before this mod whenever i inserted the HDD with the caddy it just got stuck at the phoenix logo and won't boot. Now i can boot fine using the primary HDD. However in BIOS -Boot menu i still don't see the secondary HDD which is in the Caddy. It still shows as IDE CD/DVD ROM. In the information panel in the BIOS i can see the secondary HDD listed but doesn't show in the Boot panel as well as when i try to dual boot through F12 dual boot manu, I only see my primary HDD. HDD in the caddy does not show up for selection.
IT seems like the SATA port for the optical drive is programmed to look for CD/DVD ROM only. Can you please modify this?

Thank you!!!
anyone?